“Best meal ever”

Price range: US$50 - US$100
Cuisines: International
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: SIDART Restaurant is an award winning fine dining restaurant located in the Three Lamps Plaza, 283 Ponsonby Road, Ponsonby, Auckland. We are open Tuesday to Saturday for dinner from 6pm and Friday's for lunch. We are closed on Sundays and Mondays.
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I can easily say that I've had the best meal of my life here. Everything that they served was cooked to perfection. The dessert was incredibly delicious- light, yet so much flavour. The hostess was nothing but friendly and helpful. I really enjoyed my night and I'll be coming back soon for more.

2  Thank Yee C
There are newer reviews for SidArt

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

As we have recently moved to Auckland, and heard a lot about this place thought we should check it out. We opted for the 5 course degustation wine matched menu. And we're blown away with the flavour profile of each dish and Amanda our waitress and sommelier was fabulous. Defiantly recommend this place for a special occasion. We will return

1  Thank Vic_855
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Fabulous 5-course lunch...wow!!
Great waitstaff, great food, great atmosphere!
A very special place to done.

1  Thank Kaveetz
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We had been promised a meal here when we returned from our trip to Europe. We booked in on a Wednesday and then so Restaurant was FULL. On the first floor of Three Lamp Plaza at the North end of Ponsonby Road, Auckland, the decor is refreshingly subdued, with the most fabulous back-drop view of the City of Sails from the window. No music, white table cloths, silver service par excellence. Amanda, dressed in black, and her team are so professional, it is a pleasure to come here and spend 3 1/2 hours enjoying the most sumptuous DEGUSTATION MENU imaginable. My partner, Alexis had the Wine Match and Angie had Methode Champignoise. Sandy and I the Pinot Noir lovers, went to the exciting wine list and chose a Waiheke Island Red and then a Burgundian, we were NOT disappointed.
Oh the meal, well SID was not "au cuisine" but his legacy was there and the timing of the guests arriving, ordering and then the meal being served would make any international company HHR Team took insignificant beside Amanda et al.
I am delighted to say that SIDART was voted BEST CUISINE METROPOLITAN RESTAURANT 2014, and Restaurant of the Year. This is amazing as 2 of the top 4; and 2 of the next 6, came originally from The Grove!. Sid must have provided my 70th birthday meal at The Grove in 2008.
I recommend to book, order the 5 Degustation menu with wine match and let Amanda and Sid weave their magic. If you can name me a better restaurant IN THE WORLD....I would be surprised.

3  Thank PETER T
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Six of us went to Sidart for lunch and had the most stunning 5 course degustation meal. Each dish was stunning and the flavours just exploded in your mouth. Despite 4 of us going through 'dry July' the taste sensation was in no way impaired with the lack of alcohol - probably better in more ways. The service was outstanding but not too overbearing. The best degustation I have had in a long time.

1  Thank Jean W