“Lacking on all levels”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Having had a fabulous day shopping with friends, we headed into Goode Brothers Restaurant for a late lunch. (it was 4.30 pm on a sunny Saturday afternoon) We previewed the menu on the stand before entering, noting the salad selection looked both inviting and met our special dietary requirements. We entered the outside seating area and requested a table for 2. So far so good! We were directed to an outside table which needed wiping down (covered in something sticky from the last people) - most importantly though it was great to be outside (yay). But that was as good as it gets. Along came a young waitress with a drinks and bar snack menu. She noted the table and said she would arrange for it to be wiped down. We asked for a full menu as we entered knowing we only wanted salad. Here is where it all turns to custard!!! We were told we had to sit inside to get served a salad. The area we were sitting in was for the bar snack menu only, as it was too difficult to serve full meals in the evening...when exactly did 4.30pm become 'the evening'? The outdoor eating area was less than half full and there did not appear to be anyone in the indoors seating area. It is summer - we wanted to be outside - and given the shops were still open, it could hardly be deemed 'the evening'. We did question this and were told that is how they do things. At this point we chose to leave. So here is a business that is nowhere near half full on a Saturday afternoon turning away business because the staff did not feel it was possible to serve a salad outside. Shameful disappointing service on all levels.

1  Thank Crystalballz
There are newer reviews for Goode Brothers

Reviewed 22 January 2014

I had been recommended to eat here when next in Botany.

We had the Roast Garlic and Herb Pizza Bread for Entree. I had Gnocchi with Chicken, bacon, mushrooms and onion with cream sauce, and my wife had Beef Cannelloni with Italian tomato and creamy cheese sauce, topped
with mozzarella. Both our meals were plentiful in their size. In fact, after such a large portion of Entree's I sadly had to ask for a take away box for my Mains. Guess what I am having for lunch tomorrow?

The staff were friendly and efficient, I had to smile when I asked the waitress for a take away box, and she asked if I wanted anything else :-)

Reviewed 16 January 2014

Had lunch here last week - as always food was jummy and service timely. Had cocktails which are much improved. Pleasant place to eat and rewards programme really makes it worth it (this lunch was almost free by using points).
Thanks

Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

Owners: time you read your reviews , music to loud, it's a family Resturant no meals for kids are you mad. Service your staff never serve they just by pass you. What is a great spot is rubbish service. Live in botany will never recommend or go back.

4  Thank PaddingtOn44slk
Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

Very hard some nights to get a table without waiting. Unfortunately they don't do bookings unless you have a large party. Nevertheless this has never stopped my friends and I from coming for the drinks, pizzas, chicken risotto and the great deserts! This is an all ages restaurant with a full sized bar, manned by bartenders who knew every drink I've asked for. The wait staff are young and can sometimes be less customer focused and more "lets get this table done so I can go" mentality. The managers are great. Food is a little pricey for my liking but still fantastic to eat. Overall, an awesome restaurant we will always come back to!