“A repeat visit.”

US$100.17*
and up
Auckland Harbour Dinner Cruise
More attraction details
Owner description: Immerse yourself in Auckland’s harbour setting with dinner on the water. Soak up the city atmosphere from the peace of the harbour waters. Glide past the city as it lights up and watch the sun set over the inner harbour…
Reviewed 13 April 2013

We returned to the Pride of Auckland as last year we travelled on a very wet night. The meal was as enjoyable as that we had last year, and the sail on a calm balmy night was very pleasant. A standout is the creme brulee.

Reviewed 25 January 2013

My last night in Auckland I booked the Pride of Auckland dinner cruise to sail around the 'City of Sails'. What a night it was! Cool but not cold, windy but not gusty and clear as can be. There were a total of eight people on the boat and we all became friends by the end of the trip. I can't say enough about the amazing staff and their smiles. They generally seemed to love their jobs and I guess how could they not? They let everyone who wanted to have a turn at sailing the boat and shared their stories of sailing around the globe.

The dinner was catered from one of the restaurants in the harbor and it was out of this world good! I couldn't believe how good the food was as I wasn't expecting much dining in the hull of a sailboat. I pre-ordered the chicken, Cesar salad and creme brulee and it was one of the best meals that I ate over my entire trip.

This was truly one of the highlights of my trip and probably the best thing that I did all througout my New Zealand travels.

While sailing through the harbor and talking with the other guests on the boat I quickly learned how small of a world it is when I sat next to a couple who the woman worked across the street from where I live and the man graduated from the same university that I did. We were along way from the suburbs of Los Angeles out there and all of a sudden it felt like home.

Thank you for an amazing night Pride of Auckland, I can only hope to return one day and sail you again.

2  Thank lamedic91
Reviewed 28 October 2012

On our second night in Auckland, we went to the Viaduct to have dinner on the Pride of Auckland. The dinner was good and the crew was great. We have just arrived in NZ so we had a lot questions about where to go and what to see and the crew gave some great advice. The boat ride was wonderful, the weather was windy (which made sailing a blast) but really enjoyable and seeing the city at night was beautiful.

Reviewed 31 May 2012

The good news is that we experienced incredibly warm weather during our winter visit to Auckland, the bad news is that there was absolutely no wind to help sail our boat.

So unfortunately we didn't get the full sailing experience on the beautiful "Defiance," named after one of the America's Cup boats. We ended up motoring along the harbor more than anything else, but it still gave us an absolutely gorgeous view of Auckland by night.

Our dinner, served below decks, is catered by the famous, fine-dining restaurant Kermadac in Auckland. The meal, although we did not get to choose our menu, was very good despite the fact that within our group we had several food allergies.

Even though this excursion was booked well in advance, we were not told until late in the day of the designated tour date that the company tried to reach us to ask what we would like to eat. They tried to contact us at our hotel. If you're being a good tourist like we were, you would not be in your hotel room waiting for a call, you'd be exploring the city. So within our group, there was a lot of plate swapping going around so everyone could eat what they weren't allergic to. Nevertheless, an amazing meal. I don't know who's to blame, the travel agency? The tour company? I suggest that you take it upon yourself to give them a call to find out what is on the menu.

Beer, wine and champagne are available for purchase on board the ship. If it's too chilly, or wet, they provide you with large ponchos. One small restroom on board.

Overall a very good experience.

2  Thank Shiubee
nzl4041, Marketing & Communications Executive at Explore - Harbour Dinner Cruise, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2012

We appreciate your review and it’s great to hear you had a great time onboard Defiance. In regards to the menu and the ordering of your meals, we are sorry to hear that this was not suitably organised. Our procedure is to reconfirm your menu choice on the day of sailing but should be ordered at the time of booking. If meals are not ordered at the time of booking the agent should have established that the customer is responsible for making contact with us to order their meal prior to the day of departure. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Reviewed 23 May 2012

This is a great Auckland attraction, a great place to go for dinner and not massively expensive either. You arrive at the Aucklands Viaduct area and board the Pride of Auckland custom built dinner Yacht, the staff are friendly and very professional and the food is very good.

You motor over to the mooring Westhaven Marina to have dinner served, as you would expect on dining on a yacht, when you go below elbow room is at a premium, but it's still a great experience.

A sail out into the Harbour and under the Auckland bridge is good, the only criticism I would make is that if you've sailed before this part can seem very short and not so exciting, but for many others it is a real treat.

A suggestion I would make is possibly more guest participation, grab a handle, pull this rope, help hoist the mainsail etc. this would take it up a notch for anyone hands on like me.

1  Thank Simon J