Waldorf Celestion Apartment Hotel
SKYCITY Grand Hotel(Auckland Central)
US$176
SKYCITY Hotel(Auckland Central)
US$156
US$140
  • Restaurant
Cordis, Auckland by Langham Hospitality Group(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$142
US$124
  • Restaurant
Waldorf Stadium Apartments Hotel(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$173
US$115
  • Fitness centre
  • Free Internet
Hotel DeBrett(Auckland Central)
US$233
US$215
  • Breakfast included
Grand Millennium Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$131
US$82
  • Restaurant
Rydges Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$236
US$147
US$229
US$211
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$132
CrownePlaza.com
  • Room Service
1,480 results
All reviewsan indian restaurantvector arenabig supermarketmain bedroomcountdown supermarketon site parkingliving roomminute walksecond bedroomwell equipped kitchenferry terminalthe ground floorqueen streetcar parkingbeds were very comfortablecentral locationking bed
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Very unimpressive entrance and lobby, but staff was welcoming and our room (apartment) was a real surprise. Two bedrooms, well equipped kitchen, balcony with a view and good price make this a great choice. Location is fine with an easy walk to the docks or central shopping areas.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jackd_10
Kirsty D, General Manager at Waldorf Celestion Apartment Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. It is great to hear your positive feedback about our value, location and staff. We are in the process of making changes to the Lobby & painting has already begun in corridors. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 15 February 2014

Where to start, this place needs help! When you arrive, the hotel doesn't even have a proper driveway area to drop bags off. Parking is off site. The website is wrong when it lists onsite as an option. When checking in, the staff is not helpful! When asked about a cart for bags, they simply pointed to a rickety old cart. Originally, they had listed my reservation as unpaid. I know I paid the reservation well in advance. The lobby is depressing and is overshadowed by the aroma of the Indian restaurant attached. The hallways are in need of help: bad lighting and ripped wallpaper in some areas. The rooms are alright but our balcony was full of random bags of shells. When I informed the reception staff upon checkout, they were confused why anything would be on our balcony. The hotel charges $50 if you loose a plastic key card they will simply reset anyways. The walls are thin and our neighbors were loud. They could easily help themselves with a bellhop, valet to take the cars off site to the parking and a component reception staff. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Don't stay in room 306 in the Emily tower.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Dk1708

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property/business. We truly value the opinions of our customers and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations.”

Reviewed 13 February 2014

Not impressed only serviced the room once in 6 days. 1 roll of toilet paper. Only one lift which we had to wait for 25mins one day. Bed hard and quilt dirty covered by a sheet. Very budget for $165 per night - not again!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Skoosh
1  Thank Sue M

Dear Guest,

I was disappointed to read your comments and am very sorry for the problems you encountered. There are some obvious areas that we need to address & with this in mind I ask that you contact me directly on 09 280 2200 where we have an opportunity to create a much better experience at our property
I thank you for bringing your experience to my attention.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

I like this place when travelling without a car, and this was my fourth stay. With a car, the hassles of loading and unloading, and parking mean that I generally look elsewhere. As usual, the apartment was clean, well equipped and the staff generally good. There were a couple of issues. Firstly, I wish they would get with the world and offer free wireless internet as a basic and necessary hotel facility (a common criticism of NZ and Australian hotels). Secondly, the housekeeping staff knocked on the door well before check out time to ask when I would be checking out. This has happened every time I have stayed here. I really dislike this. Sure, if I am late checking out, knock as much as you like, but leave me alone until checkout time please!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate both the great comments, and the 'not so great'
comments that our valued guests provide to us.I have passed on your feedback to our Executive House keeper &staff as it helps to make us better. I can only apologise for any negative experience you had with parking.We now have the opportunity to implement changes & I would welcome the opportunity to create a better experience.

My kind regards

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Me & My Friend(Female) Stayed here for a night to celebrate her 21st, On Arrival I asked about the on site parking and he just ignored me and said there is only off site parking, even though it states on the website there is onsite parking so why was I told differently. The parking was a little walk away so we asked to take our luggage up to the room before taking our car away, he wouldn't let us do this so my friend had to stay with our luggage while I parked the car and walked back, Really? We already gave our credit card details for a bond, paid 200 dollars for the room and he was still acting as if we had no right to be there,
He then asked who else would be staying repeatedly even though we were telling him it was only the two of us, He clearly didn't believe us, when we asked for a second room key he just said "no there is only two of you" Uh yeah, two people, two cards... considering you have to put a room key in the room for power, what if one of us wanted to go somewhere and the other stayed? It made sense for us to have two room keys, no idea why we were questioned when we're the ones who have to pay the ridiculous $50 charge if we lost them, it is of no inconvenience to him he was just plain rude.
Anyway we stayed in a 1 bedroom on a high floor, it was lovely and we had a slight view of the water too. Rooms Modern and not too loud from street noise.
Area isn't the best if you plan on doing a lot of walking or have small children, a lot of drunk/homeless men try to talk to you on the street outside which can be quite uncomfortable.

Room Tip: Higher Floor, Facing the street has better views.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sarah J
Kirsty D, General Manager at Waldorf Celestion Apartment Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to personally apologize for the series of unfortunate incidences that you experienced during your stay with us. We continually try to do our very best for all of our guests, but unfortunately, sometimes we do fail.
I will look into each issue that you have noted, in an attempt to correct and improve our hotel policies.
I would invite you to contact me personally at 09 280 2203 (direct line), or celestiongm@waldorf.co.nz to discuss this with you further.

Best regards