“Not impressed...”

Waldorf Celestion Apartment Hotel
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Not impressed...”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

The hotel room was clean and basic. The location is decent. Borderline seedy area immediately surrounding the hotel but pretty easy walking distance to points of interest. The real problems are with the hotel amenities - or lack there of. There is essentially NO maid service (replaced bath towels only on 3rd day but not hand towel, washcloth or even making the bed). And they do not make you aware of this before hand so it's all the more disappointing when you return to your room after a long day to an unmade bed w/ dirty towels. The front desk staff is not helpful in the slightest re: accessing the city (fun tips, directions, etc). It was also hard to understand/communicate w/ the desk staff as English was not their 1st language. To make matters worse, upon checkout the desk attendant shorted me $5 change after I paid for parking. Lucky I caught it but just shouldn't happen. No complimentary internet (even 30 min/24 hours) is the least of this places problems.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Kirsty D, General Manager at Waldorf Celestion Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay. Hotel apartments are often not serviced on a daily basis. We are always happy to provide a service when a guest makes a request. I have passed on your review to our reception team as we do strive each and every day to provide the very best in customer service.

Kind regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (345)
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

Having stayed in a not so good apartment in Wellington earlier this week I was a little apprehensive as to how this would turn out but was pleasantly surprised. The apartment was clean and well equipped with comfortable beds and sofa. Modern well presented furniture including balcony furniture (on one of the two balconies anyway). Friendly helpful staff and a good Indian restaurant in the lobby area. Excellent location for exploring the city and surrounding areas. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank sazzled
Dear Guest,

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We pride ourselves on our friendly staff and their service with a smile, as well as the amenities our hotel has to offer. I can only agree that it is a great location with easy access to many attractions & wonderful eateries in the Britomart area. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future!

My kind regards
Nahant, Massachusetts
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Very unimpressive entrance and lobby, but staff was welcoming and our room (apartment) was a real surprise. Two bedrooms, well equipped kitchen, balcony with a view and good price make this a great choice. Location is fine with an easy walk to the docks or central shopping areas.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jackd_10
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. It is great to hear your positive feedback about our value, location and staff. We are in the process of making changes to the Lobby & painting has already begun in corridors. We hope to see you again soon!

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Where to start, this place needs help! When you arrive, the hotel doesn't even have a proper driveway area to drop bags off. Parking is off site. The website is wrong when it lists onsite as an option. When checking in, the staff is not helpful! When asked about a cart for bags, they simply pointed to a rickety old cart. Originally, they had listed my reservation as unpaid. I know I paid the reservation well in advance. The lobby is depressing and is overshadowed by the aroma of the Indian restaurant attached. The hallways are in need of help: bad lighting and ripped wallpaper in some areas. The rooms are alright but our balcony was full of random bags of shells. When I informed the reception staff upon checkout, they were confused why anything would be on our balcony. The hotel charges $50 if you loose a plastic key card they will simply reset anyways. The walls are thin and our neighbors were loud. They could easily help themselves with a bellhop, valet to take the cars off site to the parking and a component reception staff. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Don't stay in room 306 in the Emily tower.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Dk1708
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property/business. We truly value the opinions of our customers and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations.”

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Not impressed only serviced the room once in 6 days. 1 roll of toilet paper. Only one lift which we had to wait for 25mins one day. Bed hard and quilt dirty covered by a sheet. Very budget for $165 per night - not again!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Skoosh

1 Thank Sue M
Dear Guest,

I was disappointed to read your comments and am very sorry for the problems you encountered. There are some obvious areas that we need to address & with this in mind I ask that you contact me directly on 09 280 2200 where we have an opportunity to create a much better experience at our property
I thank you for bringing your experience to my attention.

Townsville, Australia
Reviewed 13 February 2014

I like this place when travelling without a car, and this was my fourth stay. With a car, the hassles of loading and unloading, and parking mean that I generally look elsewhere. As usual, the apartment was clean, well equipped and the staff generally good. There were a couple of issues. Firstly, I wish they would get with the world and offer free wireless internet as a basic and necessary hotel facility (a common criticism of NZ and Australian hotels). Secondly, the housekeeping staff knocked on the door well before check out time to ask when I would be checking out. This has happened every time I have stayed here. I really dislike this. Sure, if I am late checking out, knock as much as you like, but leave me alone until checkout time please!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate both the great comments, and the 'not so great'
comments that our valued guests provide to us.I have passed on your feedback to our Executive House keeper &staff as it helps to make us better. I can only apologise for any negative experience you had with parking.We now have the opportunity to implement changes & I would welcome the opportunity to create a better experience.

My kind regards
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Me & My Friend(Female) Stayed here for a night to celebrate her 21st, On Arrival I asked about the on site parking and he just ignored me and said there is only off site parking, even though it states on the website there is onsite parking so why was I told differently. The parking was a little walk away so we asked to take our luggage up to the room before taking our car away, he wouldn't let us do this so my friend had to stay with our luggage while I parked the car and walked back, Really? We already gave our credit card details for a bond, paid 200 dollars for the room and he was still acting as if we had no right to be there,
He then asked who else would be staying repeatedly even though we were telling him it was only the two of us, He clearly didn't believe us, when we asked for a second room key he just said "no there is only two of you" Uh yeah, two people, two cards... considering you have to put a room key in the room for power, what if one of us wanted to go somewhere and the other stayed? It made sense for us to have two room keys, no idea why we were questioned when we're the ones who have to pay the ridiculous $50 charge if we lost them, it is of no inconvenience to him he was just plain rude.
Anyway we stayed in a 1 bedroom on a high floor, it was lovely and we had a slight view of the water too. Rooms Modern and not too loud from street noise.
Area isn't the best if you plan on doing a lot of walking or have small children, a lot of drunk/homeless men try to talk to you on the street outside which can be quite uncomfortable.

Room Tip: Higher Floor, Facing the street has better views.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Sarah J
Kirsty D, General Manager at Waldorf Celestion Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to personally apologize for the series of unfortunate incidences that you experienced during your stay with us. We continually try to do our very best for all of our guests, but unfortunately, sometimes we do fail.
I will look into each issue that you have noted, in an attempt to correct and improve our hotel policies.
I would invite you to contact me personally at 09 280 2203 (direct line), or celestiongm@waldorf.co.nz to discuss this with you further.

Best regards