“Perfect location”

Waldorf Celestion Apartment Hotel
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Lovely hotel in a great location. Only spent 1 night here due to other travel commitments but chose well. A few minutes walk from the quay and 10 minutes to the Sky tower. The hotel staff were great and the amenities were very clean.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank LincolnMark
Kirsty D, General Manager at Waldorf Celestion Apartment Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We pride ourselves on our friendly staff and their service with a smile, as well as the amenities our hotel has to offer. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future!

Best regards

Write a ReviewReviews (1,446)

Reviewed 25 March 2014

We stayed at this hotel for one night. The 2 bedroom apartment was just enough for us, the room size was 9sqm each and the bed was comfy and smooth. Overall, we like this apartment which is provided with utensils for basic cooking and coffee making, tv, dining table and sofa. The location is close to countdown supermarket, and some nearby Asian restaurants.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank MsFloridaJoe
Kirsty D, General Manager at Waldorf Celestion Apartment Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you enjoyed our apartments & what they have to offer. I can only agree that our location is hard to beat & I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Have just spent two nights here and what a great find.Very central to Vector Arena and the Viaduct.Staff were fantastic,had a balcony which one does,nt always get,very spacious apartments,parking and VERY clean.
Congratulations you have got everything right and we will definitely be back.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pam A

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind words. It is great to hear your positive feedback about our value, location and staff which I have passed on. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Stayed at the Waldorf Celestion for 2 weeks on our recent visit to beautiful New Zealand.The Hotel did exactly what we wanted providing clean,modern & comfortable accomodation in the perfect location in central Auckland.Close to the harbour,train/bus station,shops & a mulititude of great restaurants.As pointed out the reception is a little drab but that is the owners choice & I wasn't planning to spend alot of my holiday there! The rooms were bright & well equipped & depending on which you are given,there are great views of the city.We stayed in Emily Towers which is at the back of the building & found it peaceful away from traffic noise,etc.The staff were very good & nothing was too much trouble.Contray to some reviews they were extremely helpful & friendly.Overall,very happy with our stay,which was at a competitive rate in Auckland terms & would certainly return on our next visit.

Room Tip: Celestion has 2 "towers" I would go for Emily Towers if possible (not at the front but mor...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank milo55

Dear Valued Guest,

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We pride ourselves on our friendly staff and their service with a smile, as well as the amenities our hotel has to offer. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Thank you again for taking the time to write your review.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

First I noticed that the couch smelled faintly (and almost pleasantly) of curry -- but that was just a preview. A towel (just one of them) smelled of mold. The shower reeked of both mold and cleaner -- not sure which was winning. The fridge welcomed me with the stale odor of bad milk. And in the dishwasher, I found not only an overpowering stink but also rotting food that had been in there for who knows how long.

After a bit of cleaning and airing out, I enjoyed the rest of my stay. The Waldorf is really inexpensive for the amenities and space provided. Its staff is brusque but efficient. Wi-Fi isn't free but the charges were reasonable. The location is very convenient. I never found that waits for the lift were a problem, nor was the lobby that onerous.

Be sure to explore your options, but know that the Waldorf can be one of them.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank gridskipper

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am disappointed that we were not able to meet your expectations during your stay with us. I have passed on your feedback to staff as it helps to make us better. I am always concerned when I am not aware of a guests issues during their stay as knowing gives me the opportunity to instantly remedy.
We will implement changes & I would welcome the chance to create a better experience on your next stay in Auckland. Please contact me directly at celestiongm@waldorf.co.nz.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

I have stayed here several times due to its excellent location - the service on previous occasions has been minimal but I decided to overlook and book again.
I rang ahead 4 days prior to advise that due to an accident one leg was in plaster, I was unable to weight bear and I was on crutches. I therefore requested on-site car parking. On arrival I was issued with a car space however was surprised to be told the lift was not operational and I needed to climbed 2 flights (4 lots of stairs to access a bridge to enter our room). As I stood at reception on one leg holding crutches I explained this would be difficult. The receptionist offered to change rooms for me to enable access to the side of building with an operational lift. I was therefore very surprised to open my room door to find other guests looking at me already having been allocated the room - this was embarrassing.
I hobbled back to reception to be told that I would have to go to the room without the lift. This was incredibly difficult on one leg. Unfortunately I had a meeting that night so had to re climb with one leg the 4 lots of stairs to access a lift. On return home at 1030 PM the lifts were still not fixed so I had to then descend the stairwell again- no lights were on so this was completed in the dark.
I have never complained about any stay on trip advisor before but feel so disappointed with this stay I feel the need to share it. I will NOT choose this apartment again for my regular trips to Auckland and I would encourage any potential guest with a temporary or permanent disability to seek other options for accomodation.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Mandy J
Kirsty D, General Manager at Waldorf Celestion Apartment Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2014

Dear Guest,

We are far from delighted that the disruption to the guests from highly skilled Schindler technicians managed to continue throughout the day & into the evening before correctly determining what was causing the problem with the elevator at the Waldorf Celestion –

I have passed on your feedback to staff as it helps to make us better &
I would welcome the opportunity to create a better experience & ask that you contact me so I can have the opportunity to do just that!

Reviewed 10 March 2014

I have stayed in places that have impressive lobbies and disappointing rooms. This is the other way round and I much prefer that. Don't judge it by the hotel bar either, it is dreary. I don't know why anyone would hang out there. That may have something to do with why I never saw anyone hanging out there. Upstairs it gets much better. We had an apartment on the 16th floor. It had two balconies, the rear one had no view to speak of but if opened both balconies you got a nice cross breeze. The front balcony has a harbor view although partially blocked by some really ugly hotels. The staff was very accommodating and went out of their way to get our room ready when we arrived early. The hotel is a ten minute or less walk to the CBD and has frequent bus service. We had no complaints and would readily stay here again.

Room Tip: I would try to get on the 16th floor or above if you want a harbor view.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Wayne D
Kirsty D, General Manager at Waldorf Celestion Apartment Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at Celestion. We are looking at options to enhance the lobby area. It is always pleasing to hear that the staff have been accommodating in any way that creates a good experience for our guests. We hope to see you soon.