“Great apartment”

Waldorf Celestion Apartment Hotel
Carterton, New Zealand
“Great apartment”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

Excellent location, had the top floor so great view. Lower down would get less of a view of the harbour. Very friendly reception staff. It was Easter so the kids were spoilt with Easter eggs every time they seemed to pass reception - gratefully received! Comfortable beds, wasn't too noisy. We would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Kirsty D, General Manager at Waldorf Celestion Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing your family stay at Celestion.We always have activities for children over the Easter period & plenty of Easter Eggs on offer!. We are very pleased you enjoyed your view & that our friendly staff helped to make your stay a memorable one!

We hope to see you again soon.

My best regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (339)
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
Nelson
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

My husband, son and I stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment at this hotel and while I found the staff very friendly and helpful, we had a MAJOR complaint that was given no attention at all. I would like to have given the hotel a much better rating, but due to our terrible experience, I can not bring myself to give any better than a terrible. For four days in a row, we had to ask that our soap dispenser in the shower be topped up as it was empty, and on the fourth day we were given fresh linen. The two facecloths we were given were sitting on the edge of the sink, and upon picking them up to put them away I noticed they were wet. As they were new, I thought this odd, so smelled them to see if it was water, but it was in fact urine!!!!!!! Three separate complaints later, I still have not heard from Management and am disgusted at the lack of contact or apology, or investigation. I find this appalling, given the severity of my complaint.
The room itself was sufficient with comfortable beds, but was very very dark requiring lights to be on even on a sunny day. I don't think that we will return here, even though the location was perfect. Sad to have to write such a bad review.

Room Tip: The higher the room, the less noise you will get.
6 Thank FoxyLoxy025
Dear Valued Guest,

From our investigation into the issues you have mentioned, it appears that, indeed, mistakes were made, and I have taken the steps to make sure this will not happen again with our valued guests.
Unfortunately, we are not perfect, but we strive each and every day to provide the very best in customer service and quality accommodation to our guests.

We do hope that you give us the opportunity to experience us in a more positive light and I ask that you personally contact me on 09 280 22 00 where I will provide the very best stay.

My Best regards
Hawera, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

We flew up to the John Mayer concert. Location perfect walking distance for concert and to downtown eateries and shopping etc. Staff were always friendly and helpful. Even gave us the phone number of Discount taxis who give the best deal rides from the airport. 2 bedroom suite was clean and comfortable. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We pride ourselves on our friendly staff and their service with a smile, as well as the amenities our hotel has to offer. Our location to Vector, Cafes & a 24hr Supermarket is hard to beat! We look forward to seeing you again in the near future!

Kirsty
Nelson, New Zealand
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

We stayed in the Waldorf Anzac Ave, Auckland for five nights and were very disappointed. On arrival we had to fix the toilet seat as when we lifted it it fell off which I am sure the cleaner would have noticed. The shower was dirty and smelt like a dirty drain. There was either food or vomit splattered up the bathroom door which was revolting. We asked on Wednesday for the unit to be serviced as it had not been done so far and all they did was change the towels, nothing was cleaned. Some of the swabs on the couch had broken zips. We are really disappointed with our accommodation, we stayed in another Waldolf on Queen Street last year which was very clean and lovely. I emailed this place on Thursday after our return and today is Monday and still no reply which is disappointing. Will not be going back.

Dear Valued Guest,

I was disappointed to read your comments and am very sorry for the problems you encountered. There are some obvious areas that we need to address and I assure you retraining in housekeeping & services will be given where necessary and I thank you for bringing this to our attention. I would welcome the opportunity to create a better experience & ask that you contact me directly on 09 280 22 00 where I can personally organise a special stay.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

We had a 2 bedroom suite, and was an excellent option for friends, quiet room, great location to walk into the city from. Off site parking was a great option too for when we were adventuring further afield. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Kirsty D, General Manager at Waldorf Celestion Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Guest,

We always appreciate the positive comments left by our guests & agree that Celestion is proofing to be very popular stay for a group of people.
I am glad that you & your friends enjoyed your stay with us, and that our staff have delivered a high level of service. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Hawkes Bay
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

We had a lovely and comfortable stay in a 2 bed apartment with the 3 kids. The apartment was nice and clean and had everything we needed. The staff were always friendly and helpful. The location was excellent and car parking was handy and reasonably priced. Great experience - thank you.

1 Thank kreenbean
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review, and your kind words. It is always a delight to have families stay. We take the comments of our guests very seriously, as our goal is to always improve on meeting and exceeding expectations. We are very proud of our reception staff at Celestion who are building a reputation of providing a very high level of service.
Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and look forward to seeing you here again.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

Stayed for 3 nights in January 2014 in a superb 1 bedroom apartment. The apartment was very well equipped in all respects and paying a little bit extra for top floor with balcony and superb views over Auckland harbour was worth it. Easy to get to ferry terminal, shops and large supermarket just over the road. Very helpful staff.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your comments on our proximity to different areas & completely agree that the views really are superb. I have also passed on your comments to staff. On behalf of the team at Celestion, we hope to see you again soon.