“Noisy...”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Noisy...”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

We had our dinner last week and the restaurant was busy and I just notice that the wait staff were shouting from one end to the other. The food was oily and we are not offered some coffee or tea in the end of our meal.

• Visited March 2014

• Finnish first
Auckland, New Zealand
“Modern Thai - I'll stick with traditional”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

The grasshopper restaurant is a lovely venue & the wait staff were good, although very busy. I have to admit to being a Royal Thai cuisine fan but wanted to try what was describe as “Modern Thai Cuisine”. Maybe we just had a bad night or I ordered the wrong dishes because the food was really not to my taste or expectations. The Thai fish cakes which have been a favourite of mine both in Thailand & in NZ were so rubbery I actually could not eat them because a fork & spoon were unable to break through them. The jungle curry lacked the usual Thai “punch” & was quite watery compared to ones I have eaten in the past. Because we had seen so many excellent reviews, we both left feeling a bit underwhelmed. Think I’ll stick with Royal Thai Cuisine in the future.

Noumea, New Caledonia
“A very good modern thai restaurant in CBD”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Dont miss out on that very nice modern restaurant in the Stamford Auckland
The food is very good, and the service is excellent
The manager Joy welcomes you and treats you like you are at home
And on saturday night she even sings !

Los Altos, California
“Excellent Food and Service”
Reviewed 8 February 2014

We both enjoyed our meals at this excellent restaurant. We used a Grab One Voucher which gave us two entrees and two mains. The portions were very large. The food and service were excellent. The wine list was fairly priced. The lovely décor and the attentive Thai waitresses added to our experience. Highly recommended.

1 Thank GoneTravelin
Hamilton & Waikato Region, New Zealand
“Thai.....Yum”
Reviewed 8 February 2014

We have always wanted to try this Thai restaurant, grabbed a GrabOne deal, booked early as had show tickets in town = wonderful Thai dinner!. It is a lovely spacious open restaurant, we were seated straight away, menus and water in no time. I must admit it wasn't busy (much busier by the time we left) but the staff were very attentive, the restaurant clean and had comfy chairs. I had the chicken satay with peanut sauce for my entree, just love the sauce, chicken cooked perfectly. Main was a beef hotplate and rice, once again nice. Sorry no room for dessert. The average prices were approx $10 for a entree and $23 per main. If you like Thai this is a great spot in the CBD. We were impressed and will be back.