“Bridge Walk”

US$80.66*
and up
Auckland Harbour Bridge Climb
More attraction details
Owner description: AJ Hackett Bungy offers exclusive access to the Auckland Harbour Bridge which stretches over the Westhaven Marina. Magnificent views of Auckland can be enjoyed on the Auckland Bridge Climb, an unforgettable adventure that takes climbers under, around, up and over the historic Auckland Harbour Bridge. This suspended span bridge was the last of its kind to be built in the world, comprised of 3000 berths and is the largest in the southern hemisphere. Custom engineered walkways provide a safe, enjoyable and easy-going experience while you listen to full commentary from your tour guide and enjoy the great photo opportunities and view Bungy Jumping up close.
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Was looking forward to this but not to sure what to expect. The walk started under the bridge and we were informed at various stages as we went about our tour and with frequent stops to make sure what that we could all hear the information. As we continued it was facinating to hear all about the clip ons and the differences they had to the main part of the bridge and the amount of movement between the two structures is something i still think about 3 weeks after the walk. I suggest people get their photos they are a fantastic reminder of their times on the bridge. The walk is one that will stay in my memory for some time to come and tell a lot of people about :-).

2  Thank Stretch0
AJHBungyNZ, Front Office Manager at Auckland Bridge Climb, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2015

Hi Stretch0 - Sounds like you thoroughly enjoyed the walk and absorbed all the information. Thanks for the great review.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

A must for locals..... Take advantage of the next Grab One Deal you will love it....... The guide was excellent, the views breathtaking, what a wonderful city we live in.

Thanks for the experience.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

I had the most amazing experiance with Aj Hackett for the bungy jump and bridge climb. I would love to do it again and I will be defiantly doing it again very soon. The bungy jump was extraordinary and the crew were so supportive so it was just simply amazing. Thank you Aj Hackett for giving me the most awesome experiance of my life.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Hi Shanon M - Thanks for the wonderful comments about our crew. We are happy to be part of your amazing life experience. Thanks for the review.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

This was a wonderful experience with a great view of Auckland from the top of the bridge. A unique aspect of the bridge is observed as well when you emerge from underneath the road surface. There are cars zooming by you on both sides at 100kph - massive feeling! The guide had a great sense of humour and a great knowledge of the history of the bridge. My photos are a wonderful memento of a great afternoon's activity. Be sure to wear warm clothes even when the sun is shining. The guides are really good at advising how many layers of clothing are appropriate for the weather at the time that you make the climb. I would recommend this as a definite must-do activity for locals and tourists alike.

1  Thank C_E_N_11

Hi C_E_N_11 - Thanks for the awesome recommendation of Auckland Bridge Climb.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

My daughter and I were really impressed with the relaxed and easy manner of our guide. He gave us some very very interesting information - information that I did not know and yet I live across the water opposite the bridge, at Stanley Point, looking at the bridge every day, but still didn't know the full history. Very very informative. Views were fantastic from every angle.

We liked the fact that once we had our gear on we generally immediately began the climb. Don't know about now, but when I walked over the Sydney bridge a few years ago, the pre-climb (which including watching video etc.) seemed to take longer than the walk over the bridge. Once again, it was excellent.

1  Thank Glenice M