“After explaining, gluten-free needs were met with delicious food”
Review of Besos Latinos

Besos Latinos
Ranked #308 of 2,349 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Price range: US$8 - US$23
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 29 March 2014

It took a lot of explaining to convey my gluten-free/cross-contamination needs, but the chef ended up being knowledgeable about cross-contamination and I felt safe having him prepare my food. The margaritas are fabulous and the setting is great (a big underground area with tons of restaurants, but inside it’s quiet and spacey). Awesome location too!

There are newer reviews for Besos Latinos

Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

I wanted to rate them highly as staff are great, friendly, helpful but food just ok and horrible margarita. Having said that, I've been here twice and no problems with the drinks the first time - maybe the barman was having an off night?

Reviewed 13 February 2014

My husband and I stumbled upon this place by accident one night and decided to give it a try. We enjoyed the food and the atmosphere. Out of all the restaurants in the food court, we chose this one. We thought the food was good. We were glad we gave it a try! It is definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

It was a Friday night and we decided to give Besos Latinos a shot. I really liked the ambience here and the staff were really welcoming as soon as we walked in.

I decided on the traditional columbian dish whilst my partner opted for the breaded chicken. We were really looking forward to the food here but both dishes seemed to miss the mark. My meal was an interesting assortment of mince, sausage, rice, banana, avocado, a sauce of some description and red cabbage. It was well presented but the flavours tasted a bit bland and it seriously needed some seasoning. My partner's chicken was much the same, just ok but nothing mind-blowing.

Perhaps we needed to try something else on the menu? Maybe. But we weren't tempted enough to come back for more.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

We visited Besos Latinos for lunch on Jan 2014 with huge expectation. Not only the restaurant had a great review on Cuisine, but also, being a Mexican myself, it is always a bonus to find such a promising restaurant while on holiday. Unfortunately, having read the dinner menu the night prior to our lunch date, our hopes for a truly Latin American meal were too high. The dinner menu reads fantastic, a combination of classic Latin American food with a kiwi twist. The lunch menu, on the other hand, is nothing more than average, what you encounter in most so called "Mexican" restaurants. Compliments to the chef, a young guy from Mexico City, his red rice reminded me of my Mother's rice. Also a very charming guy. My empanadas dish comprised two Argentinian empanadas, tasty, rice, salad, and unfortunately, a dollop of an unknown substance called salsa. It was more like pasatta, if not Old del Paso. Come on, make a proper salsa mate! It also had some totopos (tortilla chips), from a packet. Not good. The ambience is great, the restaurant tastefully decorated with all sorts of Mexican knick knacks. A huge bonus is to be part of the Elliot Stables complex. All in all, ok, but not wow. I am sure that the dinner menu is much, much, better, so we will return... for dinner, perhaps.