“Simple, Comfortable & Convenient”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mt Albert Motor Inn
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Front desk staff were pleasant and made check in seamless after a long flight.

We had a two bedroom apartment - was surprised by how small it was in comparison the how large it looked in photos, however, it served our purpose for one night. I think a longer stay with three adults may've felt quite cramped.

Apartment was clean. Beds were comfortable.

Shower was a let down - difficult to get temperature right and any slight adjustment would generally send freezing water over you.

I'm not sure a bar fridge in a two bedroom apartment would be adequate in a longer stay.

Paid wifi hotspot.

Great cafe on site with good coffee and food.

Would stay again without hesitation.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Clarkies_Travels

Reviewed 16 November 2012

We were pleased with a look of the room when we checked in, yet later on that night so many unpleasant downsides ruined our stay:

SHOWER: the hot water run out after a few minutes, and when second person went to take a shower it was bloody COLD!

WINDOWS: despite early spring in NZ and +9C outside, hotel management find it "ok" not to shut the windows in whole room/ kitchenette , shower, even during the rain. as a matter of fact shower windows were impossible to close at all. so cold shower+ open windows = horrible experience!

Fridge: I turned it on onto the highest degree, I placed my breakfast in it. and in the morning discovered all food gone bad. the fridge didn't work.

BED : was uncomfortable, pillows almost absent.

make your conclusions.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Iri V
Reviewed 29 October 2012

In two weeks of travel around the North island, this was the only accommodation issue we had. The only positive comment to be made about this motel is it's location and the Italian restaurant across the road. The neighbourhood is quite noisy and the large amount of glass along the front wall and inadequate curtains let a lot of noise and light in. The furnishings and bed were very tired and the bathroom was awful. Very old fittings, no bench space to put toiletries and very cramped. We were happy to move on the next day. I realised later that day that my mobile phone was missing. As I hadn't been using it a lot, I hadn't realied it wasn't with me and wasn't sure where I had lost it. I made enquiries of motels and restaurants we had visited going back three days including this motel, without any luck. The manager assured me staff had not reported a phone being found. After suspending my account and returning home, I have been able to obtain a detailed bill which shows significant data usage on the phone commencing at 10:20am on the day we left this motel.

Room Tip: A room at another motel will be the best option.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Macham17
Reviewed 23 April 2012

The best point about this motel is the staff. They are friendly and helpful, which helped to make my stay a nice one. The hotel room matched the pricing, so it was clean and functional but not fancy, although having a kitchen was nice. The housekeeping staff were eager to ensure my kitchen was adequately stocked, and making my meals in saved me a considerable amount of money during my ten day stay.

If you visit with any electronics, and who doesn't these days, I would recommend you bring an extension cord with you so you can plug everything in; I found the power outlet in my room was on the other side of the bed from the table.

I would also recommend against paying for their wireless internet; at the best I got 300kb download and 100kb up, not enough to download emails without getting server errors. It was way too slow for the price, which at best was 25 NZD for eight hours of access. Instead I would recommend going to a nearby computer shop and renting bandwidth from them.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank theronmuller
Reviewed 24 December 2011

Myself and partner arrived in Auckland late and this place was recommened to us.
Shortly after arriving I had a shower and the hot water ran out - before my partner even had the chance. The staff were rude and unhelpful when asked about this - they hung up on my partner.
The internet was $5 per hour - most motels are free, that was way to expensive.
The only nice thing they did was give us $10 off the total bill.

Not very clean - clearly not cared for well.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank lemurqueen
Reviewed 8 November 2011

After a whole day's driving, we arrived in Auckland and checked in. The unit was not very clean, mould in bathroom and stains on the curtains. Despite booking for five, and the presence of 5 beds, the kitchen was only equipped with 4 sets of plates/bowls/cutlery, etc. We had to eat our breakfast in shifts. When I did our final 'under the beds' check before leaving, I found a pair on underpants that did not belong to us. Ug!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family