“Magic”

Auckland Sea Kayaks
More attraction details
Owner description: Auckland is one of the world’s most unique sea kayaking locations. It is a region of exceptional natural beauty, volcanic islands, sandy beaches and is abundant with wildlife. The sheltered waters of the Waitemata Harbour make it a sea kayaker’s paradise waiting to be discovered.
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Kayaking in a busy harbour into the night is not something I would normally do. Nic Mead our guide calmly and confidently instructed us and made sure we all safely got to the island. Once at the island we were treated to some healthy and delicious food. We then climbed to see the most wonderful view of Auckland on sunset. The return trip was even more magic. How often do you get to see a major city and port from the water. Having trust in your guide makes or breaks trips like these and right from the start I felt excitement rather than being concerned. I totally recommend this experience for any age.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

I was recommended this trip by my brother, who has previously been on it and rated it. He was so right!!
I have never done any kayaking before, so the idea of kayaking over to an island was quite daunting. However my mind was soon put to rest after getting out on the water.
Once we paddled over to Rangitoto island, we had an amazing BBQ and muffins, which certainly helped us with our hike up the crater! The views from the top were incredible and it was such a lovely way to see Auckland and its surroundings.
However the biggest pull for me on the trip was kayaking back at night! It was so surreal and stunning with the night sky, the quietness and the pretty lights of Auckland!! What other cities do you get a chance to see by kayak at night??!! I would definitely come back and do it again.

1  Thank lwomble
Reviewed 13 March 2014

We had a voucher and Nic was exceedingly accommodating on multiple occasions to try and get us out on the water. On the day of our paddle, Nic was just as awesome a tour guide, with good knowledge on the history of Browns island and Auckland, and even bringing along a nice little picnic for us.

Definitely a must do for anyone coming to Auckland!!

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Me and my boyfriend did the sunset tour to Rangitoto Island, in one word : AMAZING!!!! We absolutely recommend this tour! It was the best thing we did in Auckland! If you have to choose one tour : it is this one! Nic is really fun, an excellent tour guide and he knows everything about NZ and the Island. No need to be an expert in kayaking, all the good advices are provided!
First time we did sea kayak, we had a lot of fun! We went to the Rangitoto Island and had a coffee-tea-juice-muffins break there. 
The Island was amazing, great view on the bay and Auckland. Dinner was just awesome : barbecue, salads, chutney.. Couldn’t be more perfect!
Then we climbed the Rangitoto, Nic was so knowledgeable, we learned a lot of things! Rangitoto is really beautiful, the cratere is really huge and it was very quiet, just the songs of the native birds! The sunset was really amazing! The weather was perfect too, we enjoyed every minutes! Then the return by night with the kayaks was really beautiful, calm water, lights of the city and the moon just for us!

A very professional, friendly, funny and fantastic trip that we highly recommend. Don’t miss it!

Reviewed 9 March 2014

I absolutely recomand this tour. It's worth the price and Nic is a great tour guide. The Diner and kayaking at night was fantastic and the view amazing !
If you have to do a tour in Auckland that's the one to choose ;)