Sofitel Auckland Viaduct Harbour
US$232
US$214
Hilton
  • Restaurant
Parnell Pines Hotel(Auckland Central)
US$71
Crowne Plaza Auckland(Auckland Central)
US$151
CrownePlaza.com
  • Room Service
SKYCITY Grand Hotel(Auckland Central)
US$184
US$173
Hotel DeBrett(Auckland Central)
US$290
US$247
  • Breakfast included
Tudor Court Motor Lodge(Auckland Central)
US$108
US$96
Agoda.com
Pullman Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$157
US$149
Heritage Auckland(Auckland Central)
US$229
US$142
US$198
US$148
  • Restaurant
Kiwi International Hotel(Auckland Central)
US$55
US$53
3,081 results
All reviewslava restaurantmarina view roomluxury roomviaduct harbourbeautiful hotelrain showerfloor to ceiling windowsnespresso machinewynyard quarterturn down serviceroom servicenew zealandrestaurants and barslarge bathroomvalet parkingbed was very comfortableferry terminal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This Hotel is magnificent or as the French say Magnifique!!! I think that was what the theme was for this excellent Five Star French Hotel in the Accor Chain. Our room was spacious, well appointed with large separate bath and shower and the most comfortable bed I think I have ever slept in!!! It certainly was a luxurious hotel and beautifully decorated and laid out with all the extras you would expect plus a little more with some special touches here and there. The moment we arrived we were greeted by friendly concierge who Valet Parked our car overnight for an additional $30 which we thought was quite reasonable considering parking in Auckland can be risky (lots of thieves and smash and grabs been reported lately) and expensive (in comparison to secure parking lots we priced). The location is right in the heart of the Auckland action. Being right on the viaduct you are within a 5 minute comfortable walk to ferry terminal for day trips and the Viaduct area is packed with a selection of restaurants, shops and bars. Perfect for exploring Auckland city. We went out for dinner the night we stayed and ate breakfast in the morning (Easter Sunday) at the hotel restaurant. While the food was exceptional, we found the service a little disorganised or lacking direction. We had to wait over 10 minutes for a coffee which wasn't right when it did arrive and the staff members seemed really confused about orders and what they are supposed to do. The restaurant staff definitely need extra training as we watched them walk past tables not picking up plates and the poor chef in the kitchen on Easter Sunday was waiting for orders piling up to go to tables with guests standing up to collect their own orders after waiting to long. We also felt the restaurant layout may have contributed to this as each area is pokey and the servery is poorly designed and located for a buffet breakfast with people standing in areas that should be clear walkways. Apart from the restaurant service and layout the hotel itself was exceptional!!! So I hope the hotel reads this review and sorts out some training for their poor wait staff who definitely need a stronger leader and much better direction. I don't know if they can reconfigure the layout or serving areas for the dining? Fix that and next time we visit we think it will be excellent as we certainly will return to this hotel as we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: All rooms I'm sure at this hotel are fabulous, however if you wanted a view you would need to request this on booking as some rooms face the road which has no view at all.
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We spend one night in the Sofitel in order to visit the city of Auckland. The hotel is at a nice location close to the waterfront of the harbor. If you like boats and waterfront I would recommend this hotel definitely. We were upgraded to a larger room and this was great. The room was very spacious, great bathroom and large balcony. We had lunch and breakfast in the hotel, all food was of great quality and the staff were friendly.

I do have three points for improvement, first of all the carpet on the 3rd floor in de hallways looks dirty. Secondly when checking-in, the lady of the reception gave us some enthusiastic information on the Spa, however when I wanted to book a treatment at the Spa, both days of our stay were fully booked. It would be great if the reception at least knows this so that I got informed on this at check in instead of now got dissappointed. Finally Sofitel charges 1,5% additional charge if you pay your bill with credit card. I think this is not customer friendly, especially since we have not encountered this anywhere else during our 4 week travel in New Zealand, also the reception should inform customers on this at check-in and not on check out since now I had no alternative.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

My room (337) was fronting onto a public street & buildings - so privacy was an issue - the blinds helped but there was a sense of being 'watched'. Housekeeping & room servicing was fast & efficient - the young woman was very obliging & charming.

The egg chef at breakfast gave priority to a certain gentleman who was allowed to jump the queue & this was unnecessarily irritating.

The same thing happened with the taxi I order (as I had an appointment in Newmarket) which was taken in front of my eyes (& witnessed by the concierge) .....contributing to my sense of service unfairness!

Not a real 'major' as this wasn't a busy business trip & had the luxury of time. I do like the hotel and have stayed there before when it was the Westin.

But it is the perception that service is even handed and fair that counts!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Sofitel.com

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 26 April 2014

What a wonderful hotel. All areas are incredibly impressive visually, but the most outstanding feature is the amazing customer service - from concierge, reception desk through to bar and restaurant. The staff went out of their way to help us. Well done Sofitel!