“How Lucky is NZ to have Elle?”

The Big Foody Food Tours
Auckland Afternoon Food Tour
Ranked #4 of 32 Food & Drink in Auckland
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Auckland's number one food tour experience. A fun and flavour filled insight into the excellent cuisine, markets, restaurants and producers Auckland has to offer. The Big Foody Food Tours have an excellent choice of tours to give you the ultimate taste of the city and a delicious introduction to Auckland and the regions. Book through our website and receive a bottle of local wine or box of chocolates! Make sure you book a Big Foody Tour at the beginning of your stay in NZ so you are geared up with the best places to eat and drink around the country! All our tours are small and intimate groups tailored to make sure you walk away having had a memorable time. We pick up from all hotels in the CBD for our driven tours All tour guests a New Zealand SIM Card. Book through our website and receive a bottle of local wine or box of chocolates!
Tucson
81 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 91 helpful votes
“How Lucky is NZ to have Elle?”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

They are darn lucky for sure. Elle took my friend and I for a food tour on the last day of our holiday. We had fun sampling foods and condiments during the day. We went places we probably would not have ventured by ourselves. I ate mussels for the first time, which were on a lunch platter that Elle created for her clients. And the mussels tasted far better than I would have thought.

But the delight of the day was in being with Elle with her passion for food and wine, her adopted home country and her intelligent business sense.

My first food tour but not my last.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank tucsondesertrats
TheBigFoody, Owner at The Big Foody Food Tours, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you so much for your lovely review. I had such a wonderful day with both of you and I'm so stoked you spent your last day on The Big Foody Food Tours. I hope you had a fabulous trip back to the US and please keep in touch. Big Hugs Elle

Sydney, Australia
“Excellent day out for foodies”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Had a lovely personalised tour with Elle. Would highly recommend if your are interested in food to do this tour when you are in Auckland. You will go places that tourists would not do. There was just the two of us on our tour
Elle is very knowledgeable and passionate about food in Auckland as well as New Zealand, it was a great day out.

Visited May 2014
TheBigFoody, Owner at The Big Foody Food Tours, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Thank you so much Lisa. I loved meeting you both and it was such a lovely day. Please come back and see me again and I'll definitely be in touch if I'm in town. Big hugs to you both :)
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“So great, we used her twice!”
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

I found Elle on Tripadvisor, and she she be rated #1 in Auckland...she was amazing.
We're just finished the NZ part of our trip and Elle made things a breeze-
from the great communication via email before the trip, the great service she provided for the private Auckland Foody Tour, the support she gave us while we were in Auckland for three nights, and the great trip Elle took us on in Waiheke Island (New Zealand's Nantucket Island).
Nothing was too much for Elle, and we had two great days thanks to her.
I would recommend this guide highly!

Visited April 2014
TheBigFoody, Owner at The Big Foody Food Tours, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to show you my Auckland and be part of such a big birthday. You guys were so lovely and even though the surgery on a chicken was unexpected, I thoroughly enjoyed the two days with you. Have the most amazing rest of your holiday and keep in touch! I will make it to Delaware one day and will be expecting chicken soup and kugel (pronounced correctly!)
Big hugs
Elle x
Chicago, Illinois
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Do Not Miss the Taste Bud Tour!”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

My husband and I LOVED our food tour with Elle! She's fun, knowledgable, and passionate about what she does. She took us to several places around Auckland we never would have found ourselves. We got to try a great variety of local fare- from seafood to produce to wine (and more)!

If you're an out of towner looking for a true taste of Auckland, the Taste Bud Tour is absolutely perfect.

Visited March 2014
TheBigFoody, Owner at The Big Foody Food Tours, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Thank you so much for the lovely review. You guys were great and I loved meeting you. I hope you had the best time with the rest of your trip and loved Wellington. Enjoy married life and keep in touch!!!
Big hugs x
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A great foodie experience!”
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

I was the only one booked the morning of the tour so I had Elle as my personal tour guide. We went all over Auckland on our tour of the city and I learned a lot about the city and its food and drink. Since I prefer craft beers to wine, Elle customized the last part of the tour to go to a couple of pubs for a beer tasting. Overall it was a great Auckland experience and I would reccomend this tour to anyone wanting to learn more about and sample the local delicacies!

TheBigFoody, Owner at The Big Foody Food Tours, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Thanks for the lovely review. Loved that we could tailor it for you and show off our FAB New Zealand beers. Have an amazing rest of your time travelling and I'm off to research New Mexican food!!! :)