“A surprisingly nice resto!”

Depot Eatery & Oyster Bar
Ranked #44 of 2,221 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: New concept by famous Al Brownoysters, bistro food and great wines
Reviewed 23 July 2016 via mobile

My partner doesn't like seafood... We were here today and I ordered the fish tortillas! It was an explosion in my mouth, wonderful flavours! We had the meat platter as well and it was good! We will definitely be back if we visit auckland again...

Date of visit: July 2016
Write a reviewReviews (2,691)

Reviewed 23 July 2016 via mobile

Limited choices but "bacon butty" always a good option. would do this again when visiting Auckland.
No reservations are taken and plenty of large tables able to be shared.

Reviewed 23 July 2016

Always excellent food at Depot. I have never enjoyed oysters until eating them here. The menu is changed to reflect the seasons. Sliders are always a winner. If you want to do it on the cheaper side, I recommend getting a couple of small plates and then load up on the sides which are always great.
Best service in Auckland. Go before 6 if you don't want to wait for a table. If you do need to wait, head over to Bellota for a wine and they will call you when it is ready.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed 22 July 2016

Reliably good food but a bit on the steep side, pricewise. They don't take reservations so it can be a bit of a roulette, especially if you are coming with a group. I'm not an oyster fan but I am told by those who appreciate raw slimy seafood that they are superb here.

Reviewed 20 July 2016 via mobile

I love freshly shucked oysters & they were succulent. The fish sliders delightful & the lamb ribs very tasty. The sweet pie was out of this world! The atmosphere is fun & the service is friendly & efficient.