“Perfect”

Ranked #6 of 59 Auckland B&B and Inns
Motueka, NZ
“Perfect”
Reviewed 21 February 2013

The Manor is in a beautiful spot and is run by amazing people! We spent our first week in NZ here and the accommodations were more than ideal! Its a very laid back place with everything you need. We bought our van while staying here. The van was not running well at first and they allowed us to use tools and helped us get in touch with a mechanic as well! Stay here, you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank KennethNZ

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 26 January 2013

Staying at the manor was an absolute treat. Upmarket, stylish accommodation in the hub of trendy Ponsonby. The hosts, Teresa and Clinton, are fantastic and meet their guests every need.
We loved our very comfortable stay there.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Michele B
Mannheim
Reviewed 26 November 2012

We stayed at the manor for several weeks and we didn´t want to leave this beautiful place!

It´s very central and located in one of the best and most beautiful areas in Auckland central- Ponsonby!
We simply loved it! and hope to stay there once again!

The Manor provides all you need for a comfortable stay --> very clean and comfortable rooms with own bathroom, flatscreen, washing machine, sky tv lounge, nice garden area with BBQ,...etc

The community kitchen is very big, modern and with lots of equipement. Internet is provided with WLAN, it was best WLAN speed we had in NZ!

If you are spending some time in Auckland, you sould stay here!!

Once again many thanks to Teresa and Steven for our great stay!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank MartDore
Texas
Reviewed 29 July 2012

I was looking for a central location in Auckland, because I wanted to be able to explore the CBD, eastern suburbs and north shore. This, indeed, was a good location. I rented a car, and occasionally car parking was an issue, but that was due as much to my being unfamiliar with the territory as anything. Once I figured out how the streets worked, parking was no more than a block away at most. The house is on a busy street, but noise was not a problem for me in Room 9. There are numerous cafes, restaurants and shops within an easy walk, plus a New World grocery store not too much further. The other guests in the house were quiet during the day, had a lively dinner, and then settled in by 9 o'clock or so at night. Very nice!! My ensuite was small but beautiful and serviceable. There was plenty of storage in the room for my clothes, and having coin laundry on site was nice -- they even provide the laundry powder! I stayed in Room 9 which gave me a beautiful view of the Sky Tower and the aroma of the cooking in the kitchen below. I'd stayed there again and recommend it to my friends.

Room Tip: Room 9 is upstairs with a queen-size bed, small but serviceable ensuite bathroom and an amazing view...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank GoneDownTheRoad
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 1 May 2012

Im not going to repeat what all the other reviewers have said already- I totally agree with them. It is like a home away from home and we would have stayed another week if we could! New, clean, excellent kitchen, great location, internet is superfast, wonderful staff (Teresa is great!).

I dont know if there is anything that can be better, oh well maybe a heated swimmingpool.. Just joking- the place is PERFECT!

It was really wonderfully quiet , but I suppose that depends on your neighbours. I got the feeling that this is less "backpacker" and more "flashpacker", maybe a more mature crowd, and some people who work. I was told that the other Red Monkey was more of a backpacker hangout, as its a bit cheaper.

If you are spending some time in Auckland, go here!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank HannaF84
Lakeville, Minnesota
Reviewed 8 April 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at both the Manor and the Red Monkey Lodge. We loved them both! Our room at the Manor had an incredible view of the city, and was very comfortable. The garden at the Red Monkey was really beautiful, and made for serious relaxing. The owner was very accommodating and helpful. All in all, a very pleasant experience.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sondra S
New York City, New York
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Myself and of my friends recently returned to the states after staying in Auckland for 4 weeks while working on some research at the University, as well as some traveling throughout the rest of NZ. After an exhaustive search of possible places to stay, we booked a room at the Ponsonby Manor, and we are so glad we did. This truly became our home away from home.

The property itself is a recently restored Victorian mansion right in the midst of Ponsonby Road, a trendy strip of restaurants, shops, and bars. It is an easy 20 minute walk to the Central Business District, or a quick 10-15 minute bus ride (closer to 30 in rush hour, as we quickly learned) on the convenient Inner LINK system.

As other reviewers have stated, everything you could want is supplied in the Manor... full and well-equipped kitchen (which is a little small, so can be a bit busy at busy times of the day when most rooms are full!), TV room with DVD player, washer and dryer, garden area with nice big table and lots of chairs for socializing with other guests, BBQ, and nice dining area inside.

Although plenty of people come for just a night or two, many of the guests were staying at the Manor long-term, thanks to the good weekly rates. This has some great benefits, as you'll meet some really wonderful people and also everyone really treats the Manor as home, so the common spaces are never left dirty/messy and it never gets too loud.

I have already recommended the Manor to many of my friends and family for their future travels to New Zealand. I will stay here anytime I make the return trip to Auckland. In all of our travels throughout New Zealand, no other lodging compared to the Ponsonby Manor!

Room Tip: Room 14, the single, is tiny but perfectly functional. The only room I would perhaps avoid is Room...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business