“Very disappointed”
Review of Quest on Hobson

Quest on Hobson
Reviewed 13 March 2013

I arrived for a 3 day stay and decided on these premises as I could not get into any of the other Quest premises in Auckland where I usually stay. I drive a medium SUV and it took all my skills to park in the car park allocated, both wheels were on the white lines, it is tiny. The lobby entrance from the basement was dirty both the floor and finger prints on the lift doors. Upon arrival in the room on the 4th floor it was very hot, and the airconditioner being in the sitting area it took some 3 hours for the bedroom to cool down. This was repeated for the next 2 days as housekeeping turned off everything each day. Housekeeping, well there seems to be a systemic failure of housekeeping, my crockery/cutlery was dirty, and the second day I had to ask for more towels as only one was left after servicing. The bathroom was not cleaned at all during my stay and the stainless sink in the kitchen was yellowed from lack of cleaning. Usually at other Quests my sheets are changed every second day but they were not at all here during my stay. In the literature in the room it said car parking was $15 per day but I was charged $20
On the morning I left the lift floor was sticky underfoot from not being cleaned, these are almost new lodgings and if Management could rectify these cleaning issues this establishment would be a lot more desirable. Also the emergency escape plans on the back of the door list rooms in alphabetical order whereas they are actually number listed on the doors, could be confusing in an emergency. I am aware management read and respond to these experiences and would hope they "Take on Board" my comments accordingly.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Ian P
Harsh K, General Manager at Quest on Hobson, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2013

Dear Ian,

Thank you for taking out time to submit your feedback, it is only through customers we can know if we are providing good service and all our standards are being followed by our staff.

I have investigated your cleaning matter and discovered that you checked in Sunday and checked out Wednesday, our bed linen change policy is every 3-days, however you departed that day. In saying that there is no excuse for not providing you sufficient towels or your kitchen not being cleaned properly. For this I sincerely apologise and as you said all your comments have been taken on-board. The message has been conveyed to the head cleaner in clear terms, to ensure proper cleaning standards are adhered to.

With regards to car-parking, the car-parks are within legal standards and can easily fit a medium to big saloon.

Again I apologise if all the above has caused you inconvenience and hope that you will take this as a one off incident.

Reviewed 27 January 2013

Stayed here for two nights during a first time visit to Auckland. I found the location great for getting around the city on foot. Staff were incredibly friendly and professional and the room was clean, comfortable, well-appointed and reasonably priced. My only gripe had nothing to do with the hotel, but the smell of stale fried food wafting out from the convenience store next door was truly disgusting and made me dry retch. You can't smell it in the hotel, but it greats you every time you walk in/out the door. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Harsh K, General Manager at Quest on Hobson, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2013

Dear Darren,
Thank you for taking out time to review our hotel. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again near future. I apologise ffor the smell from the take away next door, we are in process of getting that rectified, having had several discussions with the owner, there will be proper exhaust in place so it does not affect the hotel guests.
Have a great week ahead.

Reviewed 19 January 2013

We stayed when the RHCP were in town. Nice welcome in the airconditioned building on a very warm day. The room was tidy and clean. Always a shame when windows can't be opened. Fully furnished apartment with kitchen, chairs and a double (not king size as promised) bed.
Convenient location, near sky city tower and restaurants.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Harsh K, General Manager at Quest on Hobson, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking out time to review out facility. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. As far as your comments about the bedding is concerned, we do not have double beds here, only Queens Beds, King beds and Twins.
On investigating the matter we discovered that you were upgraded to a 1bedroom suite from a Studio apartment, unfortunately they all have queen beds. I apologise this caused any inconvenience.
Warm regards

Reviewed 16 January 2013

I really enjoyed my stay it was really nice. Rooms are well cleaned. And the staff is really good. The guy over there name Jaspal and the lady named Jaquie is doing a good customer service. I thankful to them for making my trip rememberable. Love to come back again.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo

Dear Karanveer,
Thank you for taking out time to review our hotel. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again near future. Have a great week ahead.

Reviewed 8 January 2013

I have stayed at many serviced apartments. Usually with my wife and daughter we get a 2 bedroom apartment. Quest on Hobson had no 2 bedroom apartments left and so we got a 1 bedroom with an extra bed in the lounge for our daughter. Normally extra beds are rollaway things not much better than a camp stretcher. Here the extra bed was a proper divan single bed. Saved money and everyone so comfortable! Bathrooms awesome as you expect with modern quests. Ovation fantastic. Close enough even to sneak out at night for a quick walk to sky city casino. Service for our late check in was first class even checking 10 min after we had settled in that we were fully satisfied. Highly recommended

Room Tip: Don't forget to reserve a car park otherwise you have to use the public parking building across...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Harsh K, General Manager at Quest on Hobson, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2013

Dear Tony,
Thank you for taking time out to submit your feedback. We are delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay here with us and hope we can see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 28 December 2012

spent 10 nights at quest on hobson. didn't exactly start on the right note, but due to no fault of the establishment - i had two bookings through booking.com, and when i cancelled one, booking.com cancelled the other as well. thankfully, harsh, who owns the place had one last studio that he could spare. the layout of my colleague's studio was less than ideal, primarily because the open wardrobe (i.e. no doors) was placed right next to the stove, and the ventillator for the stove wasn't very strong. but i loved the layout in my room, and lived most comfortably for the eleven days i was there! though i never used it, the washer and dryer even for the studio was a most pleasant surprise.. and another nice touch, they called shortly after we got to the room to check if everything was ok. it might be good though to provide some dish washing liquid and a sponge - i have never really liked to use the dishwasher because it seems such a waste of water and electricity to run the machine for one glass, one fork and a bowl, and as it turned out, doesn't always clean that well.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Harsh K, General Manager at Quest on Hobson, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2012

Dear Deborah,
Hope you are well and thank you for taking out time to submit your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us and hope we can see you again in the near future. Best Wishes for Christmas and New year.
Regards

Reviewed 26 December 2012

We got a two-night special. We had no car and (Christmas-time flights) arrived at 10am. We cheekily went straight to the Quest and they took our bags for us. We then went back at 1pm and they let us check-in early. This was really nice of them, I know this can be a real nuisance.

We were in a room on the first floor so I thought it would be noisy, but it was at the back, facing into the centre of the building - it was dim because of where it was, really quiet and we had the best sleep ever! I guess it just totally suited us, we were out a lot and not spending a lot of time in the room.

I thought the room was a decent size, we had ample space for our clothes and bags and could have easily done some cooking. The kitchen and bathroom were nice and new but unfortunately the shower is the accessible type that gets water everywhere. Then we accidentally broke the towel rail picking up a towel off the floor. We're probably not sounding like the best guests... But we told reception in the morning and they were very helpful.

I probably wouldn't have chosen the Quest on Hobson going off the reviews on here, but then I saw another site that had a lot of good reviews of it. I concur with them, we were very happy and would stay again.

Room Tip: If you want a great sleep (still has a view, but not a "view"), ask for a room that faces...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Hope you are well and thank you for taking out time to submit your feedback. We appreciate your comments and pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I look forward to seeing you again in the near future.