“Luxury @ Auckland Downtown”
Review of Quest on Hobson

Quest on Hobson
Reviewed 9 June 2013

I relocated to Auckland for an assignment and found this very welcoming serviced apartment. Needless to mention my initial settlement was seemless and I never felt any missing facility. This serviced & serviced facility is personally taken care by the owner, staff is highly efficient and very friendly. I have stayed in NZ for 9 months and could never move elsewhere. Excellent service and value for money. This is central to Auckland downtown and all possible facilities. I have gone ahead and made many official and personal recommendations. I thank the staff for making my stay pleasant and memorable!

Room Tip: Rooms on 2nd floor are quieter and nice. To add to this, they have excellent penthouse on the top.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Harsh K, Owner at Quest on Hobson, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2013

Hope you are well and thank you for taking out time to submit your feedback.
We are pleased to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon in the near future.

Reviewed 5 June 2013

I have stayed here on and off in a one bedroom apartment for the last 8 months for business with stays of 1 week to a couple of months.
Location is great for work (in the CBD) and social activities.
Rooms are clean and modern and include all essential amenities required for longer stays (regular servicing, washer, dryer, fridge, fully equipped kitchen).
The staff are polite and very attentive; any minor issues have been resolved promptly.
I highly recommend for both short and longer stays in Auckland.

• Stayed: May 2013

Reviewed 27 May 2013

This is a relatively new hotel and we got a good price as "opening special" seems others had some complaints when construction was still ongoing but this was not evident during our stay.
As with many places in N.Z. our room had a kitchen, a studio and was very efficient with everything we needed including washer/dryer. No balcony but big picture window - we had upper floor which was quiet from any street noise.
It is more like an apartment bldg. and does not have a fancy hotel lobby or resto etc.
Location is very good especially if you arrive or leave by coach as it is barely 100 meters from the Sky City coach terminal. Also in CBD and close to many restos, shops, post office, grocery stores.
I liked this place and recommend it for economy and will return if back in Auckland.

Room Tip: Upper floor.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Christo60
Harsh K, Owner at Quest on Hobson, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2013

Reviewed 26 May 2013

Absolutely brilliant place to stay. Have stayed here a number of times and it is one of the place I always choose to stay when i am in Auckland. Friendly staff highly professional. Situated right in the heart of the city with sky tower at arms length. The manager is great and always makes you feel welcomed. Top Marks for the service and facilities available.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business

Dear Shaival,
Thank you for taking out time to submit your feedback. As always it is a pleasure to have you stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 26 May 2013

The location and rooms are good. I wish some small things like iron boxes were of better quality. Mattresses are little too soft for a person like me who complains about back ache. Otherwise, interior of the rooms is good. Kitchen is also nicely furnished. Penthouses are awsome (except soft mattresses). There is no swimming pool. Gym is located at some distance (7-8 min walk).

Room Tip: Chose penthouses if you can afford however ACs were not installed in penhouses
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Harsh K, Owner at Quest on Hobson, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you fro taking time out to review our property and your comments. We are pleased to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 24 May 2013

The rooms are really nice and clean with all the things which we needed. Rooms having nice air-conditioning system. And the main thing is it is situated in the heart of the city which is really awesome. queen street by walking 3 minutes away, Britomart train and bus station only 8 mins away by walk, awesome restaurants at viaduct harbour just 5 mins walk, and the biggest entertainment area of Auckland which is " Skycity " just on the other side of the road across the signals. And the staff is really helpful and friendly. I will recommend my friends and relatives about this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floors are really big and had a really big balconies.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,
Thank you fro taking time out to review our property. It was a pleasure seeing you again and we are pleased to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 20 May 2013

I have decided to edit my review for this place because of all the dramas I had to deal with months after I have left. This place might be cheap but everything else was awful, in the first response from the manager he said he didn’t charge a penalty fee ($150) where he did and I have received a refund after I made a formal complaint to the head office.

The second was the accusation of false pictures of my stay, I have never said the room was untidy and the room was okay but the windows weren’t nor were the tableware, all they had to do was to apologise for the mistake instead of accusing guests for posting false images. Everything I have written was true and the only one who wasn’t telling the truth was the hotel manager for lying about the fee he had charged and then had to refund after the head office ordered him to. I would AVOID this place at any cost.

Below is the original review.

Stayed at this hotel when I went back to Auckland for a visit but it was quite a bad experience and it has certainly put me off staying at another Quest Service Apartment again. When I made the booking I requested a room on a higher floor but then was given a room on the 3rd floor and looking at the back of another apartment block which was 3 metres away!

The room was okay but the windows were extremely filthy (this cannot be caused by me within 3 days of stay for sure) and the tableware were filthy as well and I didn’t know if they were cleaned properly so I have decided to wash them all again in the dishwasher, just as well I had a dishwasher in the room.

Internet was not included but I was shocked to see how much they were charging for using Wi-Fi. So if you are staying here try to get a package which includes the internet otherwise be prepared to pay for it.

Unfortunately I had a family emergency and had to go to leave and I tried to tell the manager I had to cancel the next booking. It was about 40 hours when I notified him because the office was closed when I realised I had to but the manager still insists to charge the cancellation charge no matter what, it was quite disappointing because it wasn’t like the hotel was fully booked and they had to turn people away. The manager said he will keep the room for me until the day I check in but unfortunately I had to go so that was an useless offer anyway. Also there is a charge on the credit card fees too, pay in debt card if you could.

Overall I would not stay here again and I only chose to stay there because I couldn’t find other places in the city that week but now I will make sure I avoid it.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo