We booked the Crowne Plaza for a 3 day stay prior to taking a cruise. We chose a club room as the difference in cost was minimal and was worth it given the club amenities which included happy hour drinks and munchies, continental breakfast (or discounted $8 full hot breakfast buffet in the restaurant), and two computers with wifi access. You will pay if you want full access, although you can get a half hour free wifi in the lobby.
We arrived late afternoon and were given a room away from the elevators as we requested. It was a corner room with lovely views of Sky Tower and the harbor in the distance. However, it was rather small considering our cruise luggage so we called down to ask about alternatives and within 5 minutes a bellman appeared with a key to our new room in the center of the floor which worked out much better. Our view was into the Sky City Grand hotel across the street but we weren't there for the views, just a comfortable, safe place where we could get a good night's sleep.
The rooms are well appointed, with flat screen TVs, comfortable beds, and in our case two loveseats. There were plenty of amenities in the bathroom too including sewing kit, etc. and everything was kept clean. Service was wonderful too. On our first morning there being under the influence of jet lag we accidentally left our room safe open. Inside was jewelry, money, credit cards, our passports, and a laptop. After touring around, we came back late to the room and were horrified at our mistake, but nothing was touched. We were grateful.
The hotel staff was very friendly too as they quickly gave us a late checkout to accommodate our cruise departure.
The hotel is very close to shopping (1 block away) and the Sky Tower (1 block in the other direction). It is connected to a small mall as well. We easily walked to the ferry terminal where we travelled to Devonport for the day. We also enjoyed the DaVinci Italian restaurant which is kiddy-corner from the Crowne Plaza. The food was good and the prices not extreme which is a plus in expensive Auckland.
If your plans include Auckland, I highly recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the heart of Auckland s business district, above the Atrium on Elliott shopping complex and just a few minutes walk from The Edge Entertainment Centre, Sky City and Queen Street s golden mile, Crowne Plaza Auckland is the ideal base when visiting the city of sails. With 13 floors of accommodation including the Crowne Plaza Club, a choice of 10 meeting rooms offering 14 configurations plus several dining and relaxation options, we can provide for all your business hotel requirements. Crowne Plaza Auckland is truly The Place To Meet . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, IHG, Agoda, Ebookers, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HRS, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Crowne Plaza Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Auckland Hotel Auckland Central
- Auckland Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza Auckland New Zealand