“Good location and very helpful staff” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crowne Plaza Auckland

Ranked #10 of 68 Hotels in Auckland
GreenLeadersBronze level
Limassol, Cyprus
“Good location and very helpful staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2013

Stayed in this hotel twice on a 20 day trip around New Zealand on the first occasion I had a chest infection and neeeded a doctor, the receptionist when out of her way to give me the name of her local doctor and directions how to get there.Also one of our cases had gone missing on our Qantas flight and the concierge took all the details and chased up the airline got our case back and made sure it was delivered to our room next morning. The breakfast although expensive was excellent more choices than I found in any orther hotel in NZ. Rooms were of a good size and very comfortable. Pay for car park but was only 10 dollars for 24 hours if staying in the Hotel. Good central location for other attractions in Auckland would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
NZIHG, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Auckland, responded to this review, 11 March 2013
Thank you for your feedback on your most recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Auckland. I am happy to hear that you found the reception and concierge teams to be helpful. The team and I certainly hope that you recovered from your chest infection quickly and were able to enjoy the beautiful sights. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to New Zealand!

Crowne Plaza Auckland

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (331)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Pontypridd, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2013

This was the first stop in our 4 week trip to N.Z we stayed a total of 5 nights 4 &1 The room was large and comfortable and clean we also had a partial harbour view. We are platinum members but still had to pay over 30 N.Z dollars for the lounge, this was worth it for the view service and internet. Free Wi Fi was offered for a limited time but only in the downstairs lounge area.( this seemed to be the norm on our trip with different hotel groups also) We found the staff friendly and helpful we did have a problem on arrival but this was sorted out pretty quick.
The breakfast was one of the best on our visit, the dinner we had two evenings was good but as they had a full resturant the service was a bit slow.
Hotel situation is very good most places of interest are only 10 to 15 minutes walk away, with plenty of resturants. We would stay again if in Auckland

Room Tip: Ask for room above 20 and harbour view
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you kindly for your review of the Crowne Plaza Auckland. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location in the middle of Auckland's CBD as well as our friendly service. The Crowne Plaza Auckland is in the process of making great changes to our internet offerings and you will see that wi-fi will be complimentary for Priority Club members in mid-2013. Thank you again for your review!

Asia, Peru
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2013

LOCATION: Centrally located. No valet parking service. Indoor car park on 6th floor, 24 NZD per day.

HOTEL: Busy hotel. Only one staff manning the front desk during our check-in. Indifferent staff. Bright, good size room, albeit a bit dusty. Good beds and pillows. Quiet and efficient air-conditioning. Good shower. Club Lounge provided uninspiring breakfast.

CONCLUSION: Very busy hotel. Very good location, but the hotel lacks efficiency and hospitality.

Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
NZIHG, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Auckland, responded to this review, 14 March 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our fantastic central location and had a restful stay in our well-appointed guest rooms. I am sorry that you did not receive better service and I am disappointed to read your comments. I will discuss your comments internally with the team so we can address these issues.

I hope that you will stay with us again and I would love the opportunity to personally welcome you back on your next stay.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2013 via mobile

I have stayed over 300 nights at the InterContinental Holiday Inn hotels in the past 6 years. I have been a platinum member for the past 5 years with The Holiday Inn organization. This is the second time that I have traveled over seas using my points where my platinum status has been totally disregarded. I was treated as if I had walked in off the street and requested a room. I was told that at this property they do not recognize "platinum" as a status therefore I would not be allowed to use the executive lounge or have access to the Internet unless I paid an additional $50.00 per night. I questioned the manager on duty and she confirmed that they do not recognize "platinum" or any status with the Intercontinental program at this property. I asked to have the hotel manager call me in the morning and he confirmed that my status meant nothing to them. He told me I was not entitle to anything other than a room. Very disappointing! On this trip I stayed twice at the Marriott's where I am also a "gold" member which is equal to "platinum" .... I was treated like a king! Free Internet & Executive room! No questions asked .... In fact I was thanked for being a gold member. I will be changing my loyalty program over to Marriott from this point forward. I don't need the hassles or headaches. I appreciate the kindness and professionalism I always receive at the Marriott.

Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Vince Z
NZIHG, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Auckland, responded to this review, 15 March 2013
Thank you for leaving your feedback on Trip Advisor following your recent stay. As a Platinum Priority Club Rewards member we value your membership and are fully committed to delivering the benefits of the PCR program. I am very sorry that there was miscommunication from our staff and I can assure you that we have discussed this internally with the manager on duty and addressed these issues.

Redeeming PCR points for reward nights does not entitle the member to a complimentary room upgrade. The complimentary upgrade is applicable to all paying PCR Platinum members and I believe this is where the confusion lies. Although we could not upgrade you to a club room, we did upgrade you to the next available room type with better views over Auckland City. Complimentary internet is not part of the PCR program however, we do offer 20 minutes complimentary internet in the lobby area for all guests. IHG recognises the importance of internet access to today’s travelers and will be implementing benefits for PCR members as of 1 July 2013.

Once again, please accept my apologies for any confusion and if you would like to contact me to discuss this further, please email me on Lindsay.watts@ihg.com.

St. John's, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2013

We stayed one night in early February and were very pleased with the location, comfort, and particularly the full breakfast buffet.
The parking garage is adjacent to the building and accessible internally through the commercial area.
The bar items for purchase overwhelm the small refrigerator and this is unfortunate if you're looking to cool a few of your own beverages.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2013

For work we have a choice of 3 hotels near our main office and my preference is Crowne.

Stayed 4 nights this time and I tried their breakfast a couple of times this stay, a fine selection and no problems with quality. They'll bring you coffee or tea and you can get an omlette cooked to order.

Rooms are quiet, and a good size. Reasonable section of TV channels including Sky Movies (I've noticed some hotels are starting to drop the free movies channel).

I had one strange thing happen on the 2nd day, I came back to my room and the fridge was partially open and the beers weren't lined up straight - I assumed someone had been distracted while checking the fridge and then forgot to go back to it. No real problem but a minibar item did pop up on my final bill. I said it definitely wasn't me using anything and the cost was immediately reversed, no problem. Now I wonder if someone managed to access my room and finding nothing of value grabbed a beer and quickly departed. But that's just a guess, who knows.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Manila
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2013 via mobile

I stayed in crowne plaza for almost 2 weeks. It was great, although the breakfast options were limited. Their hotel food was ok, nothing out of the ordinary. I like how the lift was quick, coz my room was on the 22nd floor. It had a view of sky city.

• Stayed November 2012