“Superb Hotel”

Ranked #12 of 66 Hotels in Auckland Central
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 26 October 2013

From the check in to check out everything at this hotel was on the money. The room was clean and large and the bed was without doubt the best we have ever tayed in. Close to all locations and very quiet. We had a HUGE breakfast brought to our room and the cost was excellent. Strongly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
NZIHG, Manager at Crowne Plaza Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2013

Dear BriJan4748,

A HUGE THANK YOU for a FIVE STAR REVIEW!!!!! I do really appreciate it when our guests award us this accolade. WOW!!
Guest service is our number 1 priority so it is always a delight to read that we have got it right in all areas. My team and I always strive to deliver similar experiences like yours to all our guests.

I look forward to welcome you in the near future.

E-mail: johnson.joseph@ihg.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,850)

Reviewed 23 October 2013

I have now stayed at the Crowne Plaza twice now on business. The room I had was very spacious with a comfortable bed. Check-in and check-out was painless. I thought the breakfast was expensive so you might want to skip breakfast in the hotel and head out to the many much more competitive and non-buffet style cafes around. This hotel is centrally located with some great restaurants and bars nearby.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear SnakeBite ,

Thank you for your review! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our spacious room and comfortable bed and also you had a seamless check-in and check out which are key for any business guest like yourself.
Regarding breakfast, I can assure you that we are competitively priced compared to all 4/5 star hotels in the area and I can proudly say that the choices we offer are better than other hotels in the area.
Please feel free to contact me if I can be of any assistance to you on your next stay with us and I am looking forward to welcome you in the near future.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

Have stayed here several times before and know exactly what to expect. Always have had a great sleep in their beds. We dropped our luggage off early in the morning as we didn't want to carry it around with us. We were even able to check one of the rooms in to place some items in the fridge too. Later on check in was quick and friendly. The location is very central and easy to access all the city spots. I've never dined in the restaurant before so decided to use some of my Priority Privilege vouchers for the breakfast buffet which was very nice, a great start to the very busy day we had.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Samuel B,

Thank you for your great FOUR STAR REVIEW!!!! I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay and we ensured all your needs were met to make your stay hassle free. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our elaborate breakfast however I am surprised you haven't tried our Aria restaurant for dinner, I would highly recommend you to try our Hawkes Bay lamb rump that is my personal favourite. I can assure you that you will love it!

I look forward to welcome you in the near future and we want to WOW! you with our hospitality so that your next review is nothing less than 5 Star.

Please feel free to contact me if you require any assistance the next time you are around.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Stayed here around 1 year ago in Nov 2012 for 1 night. Checkin was pretty painless, location was fantastic and very central to everything in Auckland CBD.
Had a room with 2 Double Beds although I was travelling by myself so only needed one bed, room was clean and well equipped although you could tell the hotel inside and out was a bit dated, needs renovation to bring it up to a higher standard, however for 1 night stay more than sufficient.
Checkout early morning at 4am was fine, then onto the shuttle bus to the airport.
Staff were very friendly and were always willing to help, even lent me an Umbrella to go around the city for the day when it was pouring rain.
I would stay here again, but just hope they renovate or at the very least refresh the rooms to make them a bit more modern.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
NZIHG, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Dear mileagehopper,

Thank you very much for your wonderful comments on Trip Advisor following your successful stay at Crowne Plaza Auckland.

We are delighted you enjoyed our central location and the level of service provided by our staff.
We appreciate your comments regarding the look and feel of the hotel. Feedback is important for us to constantly review our facilities and make ongoing improvements for our guests. Your suggestions are duly noted and we will discuss these points internally.

To guarantee the best room rates, we encourage you to book with us direct online. Its part of IHG's Best Price Guarantee and applies to all our hotels in Australia too.

Thank you for staying at Crowne Plaza Auckland.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

It's been a while since I've stayed at the Crowne Plaza Auckland, and it's great to see that IHG Rewards Club Platinum members are now clearly recognised and offered the important benefits of the programme at checkin - a room upgrade, late checkout, free Wi-Fi, and a warm welcome from the front desk staff, although I'm sure all guests can expect the latter! Previously this had been a little inconsistent, so I was very pleasantly surprised.

I would choose a 5 star rating but for a couple of things. Firstly, a previous guest had asked for the a/c in the room to be set uncomfortably warm, so some fine tuning by maintenance was needed to get it back to a sane level. I prefer the independent a/c units at the Holiday Inn near the airport, but I realise this isn't really practical in a high rise building. Secondly, I had paid for my parking in the adjacent Atrium car park as part of my room bill, but the parking card wasn't properly validated, so the barrier wouldn't let me out. Thankfully, the attendant opened it manually. The yummy eye fillet steak from room service was worth an extra half star, but TripAdvisor doesn't allow this, so, consider this a 4 1/2 star review!

To management: Please consider offering at least one easily accessible power point by the bed, since working at a desk at the end of a long day can sometimes be a bit much. Please and thank you!

Room Tip: The 'high floor' rooms seem to be eligible for a Club upgrade for IHG Platinums. Well worth...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Dear ddnz,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Auckland.

We are pleased that you enjoyed the great benefits of being an IHG Rewards Club Platinum member and had a successful stay at Crowne Plaza Auckland. You can make the most of these benefits at any IHG hotels worldwide in addition to our Auckland properties.

We appreciate your valuable feedback and your suggestions have been duly noted and marked for discussion internally. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused after your parking ticket was not validated properly. We have discussed this with our front desk staff following your review.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip up to Auckland.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

Everything here was amazing. The porter got our bags to our room pronto. The food in the hotel restaurant was superb and the staff polite, helpful and efficient.

The terrible mark on the pool is an accident, I can't get it to go away

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Peggy K,

Thank you for your positive review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Auckland.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and it would be our pleasure to have you as our guest again on your next trip to Auckland.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

Its a great place with everything you need...

Service is what makes this place great, consistently good service (check-in staff to the restaurant)
The only issue is parking, we were lucky to spot a hotel staff member who helped us with our luggage at the entrance while we drove around the multi level car park.

The good:
Rooms & cleanliness
Quality of food at the restaurant
Mini bar range

OFI:
The Internet connection & speed was shocking
Better discounted parking rates for hotel guests
Valet parking

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear thetruecritic,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at Crown Plaza Auckland.

We are thrilled that you had a successful stay in Auckland and found our service to be of a high standard.

Complimentary Internet is available for IHG Rewards Club Elite members and will be rolled out to all members in 2014. We hope that you can make the most of this next time you stay at Crowne Plaza or other IHG hotels.

Thank you again for providing your feedback.