“Ideal Hotel.”

Ranked #12 of 66 Hotels in Auckland Central
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 11 November 2013

The Crowne Plaza properties are renowned and this one is typical too. A very nice hotel with spacious and very comfortable rooms, lots of pillows and I did get a very good sleep every day. The rooms are also fairly big enough not to feel claustrophobic. The rooms are done very well, nice bathroom area, with bath robes makes it personal and very comfortable. The breakfast room is at the lobby level and it was very sumptuous. This hotel is located very close to the Sky city Tower and Casino, which is a 4 minute walk. And behind the hotel is Queens Street which is bustling with lots of activity till late at night. In fact the location is so good you can walk anywhere in downtown. The Lobby being on the 3 level, this hotel also has shops, spas, boutiques on the lower levels. The hotel concierge and front desk staff are very hospitable, and helpful. They provide complimentary tea/coffee and kettle in the rooms too.

Room Tip: take a room facing the Sky Tower
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
NZIHG, Manager at Crowne Plaza Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Dear Poruse,

Thank you for your great FOUR STAR REVIEW!!!! I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay and everything was to your liking and it was great to read that our team is hospitable and very friendly. Our team is our biggest asset and we aim to deliver Great Hotel experience that Guest love! Feel free to contact to let me know what we could do to move you to a 5 Star review.

Look forward to welcome you in the near future.

E-mail: johnson.joseph@ihg.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,872)

Reviewed 9 November 2013

Just spent two nights at the Crowne. This is my 4th visit over the last few years and has not let me down. Room was spacious, clean and nice view over the Sky Tower. Bathroom was clean and well set up, shower pressure excellent. Wifi worked well, no issues. Breakfast buffet in the large dining room. Great selection and able to order espresso coffee at no extra charge.
No complaints really.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
NZIHG, Manager at Crowne Plaza Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2013

Dear PierroSydney,

Thank you for your fantastic review. I was pleased to read you loved our spacious clean room with a view over Sky Tower, clean well set up bathroom and with excellent shower pressure. Our breakfast selection is one of the best in the city and to add more value we have now got a Barista who will be happy to serve your choice of coffee during breakfast with our compliments.
I loved your comment that you have been here 4 times and we have lived upto your expectation which shows our consistency on our Brand promise!
I am aware we still have room for improvement and when you score us a 5 star review I will take it we have exceeded your expectation and this is what we strive for.

Looking forward to welcome you in the near future.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

Stayed at the Auckland Crowne Plaza for 4 nights during a business trip. The hotel is ideally located in the centre of the city with easy walk down to the harbour, marina and shops. Food was very good as was the service. Staff all very friendly. Only problem was the reliability and speed of wifi internet was poor. Occasionally having to leave my room and go to the lobby to get another connection

Dear Djgwright,

Thank you for your four star review. Your review in a nut shell says - good location, good room, good food, good service and very friendly staff!
We have taken your comments on board! My team and I are working towards- great staff, great food, great service, great clean rooms in CBD of Auckland so the next time you stay with us you give nothing less than a 5 star review.
Regarding your comment on wifi, I have taken it on board and will be working towards improving our connectivity.

I look forward to welcome you in the near future.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

After a shaky start, being checked in to a club room that felt more like the proverbial broom cupboard (2713, as a point of warning), everything came back to par with reception swiftly changing my room to one I expected. The hotel exudes warmth and comfort - my subsequent room was great, bed especially comfortable, and the lounge and lobby areas are very welcoming. Bar service was good, but chose not to eat dinner in the restaurant due to a limited menu (nothing with a spice kick). Good value for money (got the best price booking direct, and make sure you pre-register for their awards programme, if you're not already a member). Would definitely stay in this hotel on my next trip to Auckland.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear xPositor,

Thank you for your fantastic review. I was thrilled to read that our team did what ever it takes to make it right for you after a shaky start. Your comment "The hotel exudes warmth and comfort " coming from a senior reviewer means a lot to us and I am proud to be a part of this team who has delivered this experience for you.
We are delighted that you are one of our loyal IHG Rewards Club member and that you enjoyed the benefits of this program staying at Crowne Plaza Auckland .
I look forward to welcome you in the near future and we will do everything possible to make sure you give us a 5 star rating on your next visit.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

I spent 4 nights here recently for work. I was attending a conference at Sky City and it is directly across the road. Queen St for shopping is a short walk away, and the Sky City Tower directly opposite. There is a small supermarket (Countdown) close by also.
The hotel was clean and the room spacious. The bed was great and the shower too!
The gym was a decent size and well equipped, with everything in good working order.

Dear Globe_rover_girl,

Thank you for your four star review! I am pleased to read that you had a great stay and you were able to enjoy our clean spacious room, great bed which is appreciated by many of our guests and our location. Our gym is of a good size which is used both by our business and leisure guests not to forget our sauna room to relax and to enhance your well being.

Feel free to contact me to let me know what we could do to move you to a 5 Star review the next time your are with us.

Look forward to welcome you soon in the near future.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

After a recent trip to the US staying solely at IHG hotels from Candlewood Suites through to InterContinental’s, I was interested to see how the Crowne Plaza Auckland compared during my recent weekend stay. The Crowne Plaza exceeded all my expectations and does this hotel chain and Auckland proud. From the time I checked in; I’m sorry I did not take not of the agent’s name, but she had a European accent, I was welcomed as a Platinum Elite customer and provided an upgraded room and had all the facilities and benefits of the hotel explained to me in detail. On to the room, it was refurbed and very modern in design. I had access to the Executive Lounge which was constantly stocked with waters, juices, nibbles and a good coffee machine so it was nice to have a quality coffee while you relaxed and enjoyed the awesome views over the harbour. The breakfast next morning was to die for and equally on par with the Los Angeles Intercontinental I had just left a week or so ago. All staff were so courteous and friendly. Only one very small inconvenience that I note another traveller also stated; I couldn’t find a plug anywhere near the bed to plug anything into, so luckily my laptop charger had a super long lead so I could use my PC on the bed. Oh and the WIFI was free and superfast for IHG Elite members. This is now my hotel of choice in Auckland.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Dear Musclebearnz,

A HUGE THANK YOU for a FIVE STAR REVIEW!!!!! I do really appreciate it when our guests award us this accolade.
I am thrilled to read that we did exceed your expectation and Crowne Plaza Auckland will be your hotel of choice in Auckland. WOW!! That is a fantastic comment coming from a senior contributor on Tripadvisor. Guest service is our number 1 priority so it is always a delight to read that we have got it right. Thank you!!

I look forward to welcome you in the near future.

Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 5 days for business and recommend this hotel to all. It was a great price and the rooms are really big and very clean. Only had a standard room but was impressed with its features. Bathroom was fantastic very modern, clean and spacious. Bar was very accommodating, friendly and cozy. Waiter Barnabas at bar and restaurant was a total darling. I celebrated my birthday and he made my night fun when I was a little sad being away from home and family. Service in restaurant was friendly and efficient however menu was average but food ordered was ok.

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear DoobieSydney,

Thank you for your well written review, I was gripped........... I was delighted to read your great comments regarding the team especially Barnabas, he is an asset!
I am pleased you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. Guest service is our number 1 priority so it is always a delight to read that we have got it right.
Regarding the menu, our Executive Chef-Adrian is constantly reviewing and feedback from a senior contributor like yourself is important to us.

Feel free to contact to let me know what we could do to move you to a 5 Star review the next time you stay with us.