Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
SKYCITY Grand Hotel(Auckland Central)
  • Pool
Econo Lodge City Central(Auckland Central)
  • Restaurant
Elliott St Apartments Hotel(Auckland Central)
  • Room Service
SKYCITY Hotel(Auckland Central)
Rydges Auckland(Auckland Central)
CityLife Auckland(Auckland Central)
View Hotel
Shakespeare Tavern & Hotel(Auckland Central)
Heritage Auckland(Auckland Central)
1,915 results
All reviewssky towerthe club loungeihg memberaria restaurantnew zealandcentral locationalbert streetbusiness hotelqueen streetgood sizefree wifishort walkcorner roomcomfortable roomsbuffet breakfastper daymini bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

I was surprised how comfortable the hotel was. Easy check in , no valet parking but just next door so easy. Room good size and ideal for business trip . Motorway is close so makes it convenient for getting to appointments.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank GriffinFamily4
NZIHG, Manager at Crowne Plaza Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

DearGriffinFamily4,

Thank you for your great FOUR STAR REVIEW!!!! I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay. As a business guests its very important that we provide as hassle free experience and reading your review I take it we have delivered your expectation however we aim to exceed your expectations so that you could give us a 5 star review the next time you stay with us.
Regarding your comment on Valet service, we did try it however due to the location of the hotel and the layout of the roads it was more of a hassle than a benefit for our guests.We are always looking at creative ways of making every guest experiences as memorable as possible.

Look forward to welcome you soon in the near future.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

The Crowne Plaza properties are renowned and this one is typical too. A very nice hotel with spacious and very comfortable rooms, lots of pillows and I did get a very good sleep every day. The rooms are also fairly big enough not to feel claustrophobic. The rooms are done very well, nice bathroom area, with bath robes makes it personal and very comfortable. The breakfast room is at the lobby level and it was very sumptuous. This hotel is located very close to the Sky city Tower and Casino, which is a 4 minute walk. And behind the hotel is Queens Street which is bustling with lots of activity till late at night. In fact the location is so good you can walk anywhere in downtown. The Lobby being on the 3 level, this hotel also has shops, spas, boutiques on the lower levels. The hotel concierge and front desk staff are very hospitable, and helpful. They provide complimentary tea/coffee and kettle in the rooms too.

Room Tip: take a room facing the Sky Tower
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Poruse,

Thank you for your great FOUR STAR REVIEW!!!! I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay and everything was to your liking and it was great to read that our team is hospitable and very friendly. Our team is our biggest asset and we aim to deliver Great Hotel experience that Guest love! Feel free to contact to let me know what we could do to move you to a 5 Star review.

Look forward to welcome you in the near future.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

Just spent two nights at the Crowne. This is my 4th visit over the last few years and has not let me down. Room was spacious, clean and nice view over the Sky Tower. Bathroom was clean and well set up, shower pressure excellent. Wifi worked well, no issues. Breakfast buffet in the large dining room. Great selection and able to order espresso coffee at no extra charge.
No complaints really.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
NZIHG, Manager at Crowne Plaza Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2013

Dear PierroSydney,

Thank you for your fantastic review. I was pleased to read you loved our spacious clean room with a view over Sky Tower, clean well set up bathroom and with excellent shower pressure. Our breakfast selection is one of the best in the city and to add more value we have now got a Barista who will be happy to serve your choice of coffee during breakfast with our compliments.
I loved your comment that you have been here 4 times and we have lived upto your expectation which shows our consistency on our Brand promise!
I am aware we still have room for improvement and when you score us a 5 star review I will take it we have exceeded your expectation and this is what we strive for.

Looking forward to welcome you in the near future.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

Stayed at the Auckland Crowne Plaza for 4 nights during a business trip. The hotel is ideally located in the centre of the city with easy walk down to the harbour, marina and shops. Food was very good as was the service. Staff all very friendly. Only problem was the reliability and speed of wifi internet was poor. Occasionally having to leave my room and go to the lobby to get another connection

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Djgwright,

Thank you for your four star review. Your review in a nut shell says - good location, good room, good food, good service and very friendly staff!
We have taken your comments on board! My team and I are working towards- great staff, great food, great service, great clean rooms in CBD of Auckland so the next time you stay with us you give nothing less than a 5 star review.
Regarding your comment on wifi, I have taken it on board and will be working towards improving our connectivity.

I look forward to welcome you in the near future.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

After a shaky start, being checked in to a club room that felt more like the proverbial broom cupboard (2713, as a point of warning), everything came back to par with reception swiftly changing my room to one I expected. The hotel exudes warmth and comfort - my subsequent room was great, bed especially comfortable, and the lounge and lobby areas are very welcoming. Bar service was good, but chose not to eat dinner in the restaurant due to a limited menu (nothing with a spice kick). Good value for money (got the best price booking direct, and make sure you pre-register for their awards programme, if you're not already a member). Would definitely stay in this hotel on my next trip to Auckland.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear xPositor,

Thank you for your fantastic review. I was thrilled to read that our team did what ever it takes to make it right for you after a shaky start. Your comment "The hotel exudes warmth and comfort " coming from a senior reviewer means a lot to us and I am proud to be a part of this team who has delivered this experience for you.
We are delighted that you are one of our loyal IHG Rewards Club member and that you enjoyed the benefits of this program staying at Crowne Plaza Auckland .
I look forward to welcome you in the near future and we will do everything possible to make sure you give us a 5 star rating on your next visit.