“Pampered at Crowne Plaza, Auckland”

Ranked #10 of 67 Hotels in Auckland
GreenLeadersBronze level
Ottawa
“Pampered at Crowne Plaza, Auckland”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Great check-in at the Crowne Plaza Auckland, where Amy greeted us and got us into a great room on the 27th floor, with a fab view of the harbour.

Amy also suggested that we sign up for IHC Rewards, which we did, as well as an upgrade to Club level for our stay. Are we ever glad we did! Not only did we get a great room with a view, but we also got Internet access for our full stay, breakfast in the penthouse Club Lounge, and free drinks and appetizers in the Club Lounge each evening. Wonderful addition to our stay. The Club Lounge staff were spectacular, and made our stay so much better!

A few days later, we stayed at the Crowne Plaza again before we left New Zealand, but they were all sold out of Club rooms. Boo Hoo!!!

The location and service were great, and we would gladly take the Club upgrade on our next stay. The IHC Rewards also helped us at the Holiday Inn in Sydney, Australia on the last leg of our trip, so much appreciated.

Room Tip: Take the upgrade to Club level -- the penthouse Club lounge was a great extension of our room, and i...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
NZIHG, Manager at Crowne Plaza Auckland, responded to this review, 8 December 2013
Dear WeeSpideyGirl,

A HUGE THANK YOU for a FIVE STAR REVIEW!!!!! I do really appreciate it when our guests award us this accolade. I was pleased to read you had a fantastic stay with us. Yes its true we have rooms with breath taking views, I'm glad you chose to stay in one.
Thank you for your special mention for Amy, She truly is one of our superstars! I personally passed on your comments and we as team have recognised her efforts to make your stay memorable.

E-mail: johnson.joseph@ihg.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (347)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 23 November 2013

It was a lovely weekend in Auckland, with the 4 seasons in one day, as usual. The Crowne Plaza is perfectly located in the city centre, close to the theatre, all types of restaurants around, shops, etc...
I parked the car at the commercial car parking on the same building.
Room service was impeccable. Took less than 20 minutes to be served.
My favourite was a cheese platter with a NZ pinot noir. Great match.
My room was at the 23rd floor and the view was quite impressive. Some fire works during the weekend made it very good to watch.
Space in the room was plenty and the internet connection worked quite well.
Will stay again for sure.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
NZIHG, Manager at Crowne Plaza Auckland, responded to this review, 24 November 2013
Dear maurorisch,

Its just been a month since I moved from London and I love the 4 seasons in one day. . I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay and found the Hotel to be a good base for exploring the City.
I'm glad to hear that our room service was impeccable and we have some fantastic NZ pinot noir which is my favorite too. Our guests do compliment regarding our spacious rooms and breathtaking views.

Thank you once again and I look forward to welcome you in the near future.

Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice and both times have really enjoyed my stay. The location is brilliant, the views excellent (it's worth paying the tiny bit extra for a higher floor) and the bed comfortable. I would recommend the hotel to anyone wanting a better value but still good hotel.

Room Tip: It only cost $10-20 extra for a room on the higher floors and the view is worth it.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Christine S,

A MASSIVE THANK YOU for a FIVE Star review. I'm please to read that you had a fantastic stay with us. It is great to see that we have been consistent in delivering our Brand promise on both your stays. Guest service is our number 1 priority so it is always a delight to read that we have got it right.

Clovis, California
Reviewed 15 November 2013

After a week in Australia we toured New Zealand and spent 4 days in Auckland and this hotel was centrally located and had great amenities. The staff was fantastic and very helpful with the hop on hop off bus information and what was within walking distance to the hotel. The Breakfast was great and what a view from your hotel room.

Room Tip: Ask for a club room up near the top of the hotel the view was spectacular.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mrvacation13
NZIHG, Manager at Crowne Plaza Auckland, responded to this review, 17 November 2013
Dear Mrvacation13,

Thank you for your review of the Hotel. I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay and found the Hotel to be a good base for exploring the City. I am thrilled to read your comments " The staff was fantastic and very helpful" , comments like this is a real motivator which makes us to work even harder to ensure very guests have a memorable stay at the Crowne Plaza Auckland.

Thank you for your kind words and I look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed 15 November 2013

This holiday seemed like all wrong.Between the time it was planned to inception a lot happened in New Zealand ! There was of course the winter to deal with ( we were here in india thoroughly enveloped in summer heat!) and then the series of earthquakes hitting the country ! So ..surprise..surprise!we landed to a slightly wet but not uncomfortable weather .And then the hotel!Easy check-in,warm reception, ever helpful front desk & concierge.The room was no hole-in-the-wall one would expect from a business hotel.Bath room was large & comfortable. every thing we wanted to do was just a short walk away. A very enjoyable stay.will certainly be back in the same hotel.,

Room Tip: Rooms on 16th floor give a beautiful view
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear VATSALA04,

Thank you for a fantastic four star review! I'm pleased to read that you had a great stay and Crowne Plaza Auckland will be your hotel of choice the next time you visit New Zealand.
I have been to Chennai and I can relate to you very well what you have written regarding the weather. I'm glad that the weather did not play a spoil sport and you enjoyed your trip to New Zealand.

I look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Taumarunui
Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights and it was lovely. Bed a little too hard for me, but I like soft soft soft beds. Other person liked their bed. The staff went out of their way to help and assists us in anyway with information and just doing their jobs well. Room service prompt and delicious. Would definitely stay here again. Well done.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Mallorhead,

Thank you for your four star review! I am pleased to read that you had a good stay with us and our team went out of their way to assist you. I am thrilled to hear your comments regarding room service. I am sure most hoteliers would agree with me that getting room service right consistently has always been a challenge however here at Crowne Plaza Auckland we have got it right however our focus is still on consistency.
Your comments regarding our beds, only if you would have requested one we could have provided you with a mattress topper which could have possibly enhanced your sleeping experience. Kindly let me know the next time your are staying with us I will get that organised for you.

Berwick, Victoria
Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

I was surprised how comfortable the hotel was. Easy check in , no valet parking but just next door so easy. Room good size and ideal for business trip . Motorway is close so makes it convenient for getting to appointments.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank GriffinFamily4
NZIHG, Manager at Crowne Plaza Auckland, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
DearGriffinFamily4,

Thank you for your great FOUR STAR REVIEW!!!! I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay. As a business guests its very important that we provide as hassle free experience and reading your review I take it we have delivered your expectation however we aim to exceed your expectations so that you could give us a 5 star review the next time you stay with us.
Regarding your comment on Valet service, we did try it however due to the location of the hotel and the layout of the roads it was more of a hassle than a benefit for our guests.We are always looking at creative ways of making every guest experiences as memorable as possible.

Look forward to welcome you soon in the near future.