“Good hotel and great staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crowne Plaza Auckland

Ranked #10 of 68 Hotels in Auckland
GreenLeadersBronze level
Amsterdam
“Good hotel and great staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013

In december we've spent a night at this hotel, they were very helpfull in everything. Hotelroom was good and since you're high up in the building it's very quiet too. The staff was very friendly and helped us a lot with reservations for restaurants. Late check out was available and the gym is very good too. Location is excellent, everything in walking distance. Shutlles to and from the airport are available, the more people there are the cheaper it gets.
All in all, good value for money.

Room Tip: The upper floors have the best views.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
NZIHG, Manager at Crowne Plaza Auckland, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Dear GvP13,

Thank you for your 5 star review.I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay and found the Hotel to be a good base for exploring the City. I am glad to see you found our team friendly and helpful in everything. Complimentary late check out is one of our benefits for being our loyal IHG reward member. Look out for more offers on IHG rewards in 2014.

Guest service is our number 1 priority so it is always a delight to read that we have got it right.

E-mail: johnson.joseph@ihg.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (332)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Amstelveen, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza on a Friday night early December. From the moment we stepped onto the property to the moment we left, the service was wonderful. Check-in took only moments and our bags made it to our room even before we did. The room itself was spacious, comfortable and clean.
The concierge team was great, recommending and securing a dinner reservation at a great restaurant and inquiring after our experience when we walked back in. We spent most of the Saturday walking around Auckland and had a flight out late that evening. Even though we had checked out, when we came back to pick up our bags we were offered the use of the shower in the gym.
The hotel itself is housed in a building with offices and a shopping centre, on the edge of the theatre and business district and near the main shopping streets. The harbour area is only a fifteen minute away, so it has a great location.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear Belagonda,

A HUGE THANK YOU for a 5 star review. I was pleased to read that you found our service to be wonderful from the moment you stepped in to the moment you left. This is exactly we have been working towards and found the Hotel to be a good base for exploring the City. I am glad to read you had a seamless check-in, you enjoyed your spacious comfortable clean room and you made good use of the gym too.

Sydney
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

We stayed here for 1 night about 2 weeks ago. The hotel was pretty busy and we could only get a wheelchair accessible room - which was fine for a 1 night stay.

The room was very spacious and the bed super comfy. The bathroom, even though it was wheelchair accessible it also had a bath with a shower in it.

The room was quite stuffy so I set the air conditioning to a reasonable 23 degrees and left it for 30 mins (as the sign says). When we returned later that night, the room was still very hot and stuffy so I do not think the air conditioning works. I did advise reception upon our check out as I didn't feel it necessary to make a fuss late that night and especially as we were only staying for 1 night.

When we got to our room, all I wanted was a cold drink. When I opened up the mini bar it seemed that it was not restocked from the previous person - I looked at the mini bar list to see if maybe I was wrong but I certainly wasn't. I rang reception to ask to get our mini bar replenished (and also to ensure that we would not be charged for all the missing items). I had to wait a little while before the lady from reception came up to see for herself. She then said she'd be back - which she did come back with a basket of drinks. She checked our mini bar menu and said it was wrong as some of the items had changed and then she topped up the mini bar. My only complaint was that if you were bringing up drinks knowing that a guest was after a drink, you would possibly think to bring up cold drinks not hot drinks. With that, we headed out to dinner instead.

Parking is available there at the hotel for $24/day. It is a shared car park - you have to go down to the hotel lobby level then change elevators to go up to your room.

Location is right in the middle of the city, a walk of about 10 minutes down to the Viaduct. Lots of cafes/restaurants right across the road in the Sky City Casino complex.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear barina80,

Thank you for your review. Please accept my sincere apologies for all the inconvenience caused during your stay. Thank you for letting us know as this gives us an opportunity to take corrective actions and also to see through our guests eyes to improve on our product and services.

Kindly get in touch with me when your planning your next stay with us.

Look forward to welcome you in the near future.

Whakatane
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

Concierge met us on arrival. Check in was efficient and easy - one of the best I have been through for a long time. Staff were friendly and happy to answer all our questions. Our room was well presented and furnished, and the beds were comfortable and a good size. The room had two queen sized beds which suited our needs. We ate at the restaurant one night and thoroughly enjoyed our meal. We had to wait because there was a big group in the restaurant when we arrived but were given complimentary glasses of wine while we waited to be seated. The drinks were free for the meal because of the wait. Once we were seated, we did not have to wait long for our meal.
Love that the hotel is centrally located so could walk to the Civic and to the city centre for shopping. It was just down the road to ferry and a nice walk to the Viaduct. Have stayed a few times now and would go back again. I recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Maude T,

A HUGE THANK YOU for your 5 star review. I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay and found the Hotel to be a good base for exploring the City. It is satisfying to read your arrival was seamless and one of the best you have been for a long while. I am glad to read you found our team friendly and helpful, enjoyed our well presented spacious room with good size comfortable beds. I am sorry to hear that you had to wait for your meal because of a big group however I'm please my restaurant team looked after you while you were waiting. Guest service is our number 1 priority so it is always a delight to read that we have got it right and Thank you for recommending us.

Wellington, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza for four nights whilst in Auckland for work purposes. Check in was one of the most efficient and pleasant I've experienced in a long time. I was able to access my room early and found it to be of good size and nicely presented and furnished. The room had two queen-sized beds and as comfortable as they looked I generally slept fitfully all week and can not put my finger on why. A large wall mounted TV faced the bed and there was a good desk to work from and attractive general seating. The bathroom had a shower over bath (I prefer just a straight shower). An iron, ironing board and safe were in the wardrobe. Crown Plaza is situated in the casino district. Whilst there Auckland had two days of awful weather (heavy rain and wind) - once you leave the hotel and head in the direction of the harbour there is no overhead shelter on Albert Street on the hotel side of the street - and you take your life in your hands if you try to dodge traffic crossing to the other side. So be prepared to get wet if the weather is poor.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear John_M255115,

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear that your early check in was one of the most efficient in a long time and you had peaceful sleep on our comfortable beds on all four nights of your stay. Regarding your comment on crossing the road, I would strongly recommend to use the pedestrian crossing to the left of the hotel. Next time kindly contact the concierge they will guide you to pedestrian crossing and also provide you with an umbrella so you are safe not to get wet if the weather is poor. Feel free to contact to let me know what we could do to move you to a 5 Star review on your next visit.

Hamilton, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

Had an enjoyable stay at this hotel. Service was wonderful, location was excellent. Never ate at the restaurant but the menu looked very nice. The bar staff were very friendly. Would happily recommend this to others

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Dear ExcitedTraveller1973,

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay at the Crowne Plaza Auckland. I am glad you like the location of our hotel and friendliness of our team. I would strongly recommend to dine in our award winning Aria restaurant on your next stay, I am positive you will love it.

World
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

Great location middle of Auckland. Quiet but next to buzzy shopping street with restaurants and bars. The cinema is only 5 min walk. Starbucks also just 3 min. Breakfast is good bit habe seen better. Rooms are nice but not phenomenal. Actually perfect for short stay.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Jack H,

Thank you for your review of the Hotel. I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay and found the Hotel to be a good base for exploring the City. Feel free to contact to let me know what we could do to move you to a 5 Star review.