From the moment we arrived we were made to feel special. Excellent lobby staff and concierge service. The room was really roomy and well presented. The bed and bedding was so comfortable! I often find it hard to get the right combination of pillows for my height, but you have lots of pillows to choose from. Two lovely robes and slippers were a nice touch too. I was tempted to buy new ones from their front desk (but I already have nice robes at home)!
The bathroom was beautiful and the shower and bath, wow! Oh and the LED TV in the room was huge (47" I think). There was a great selection of in-house movies as well as Sky Movies. And other channels if you wanted them. Two comfy couches in the lounge area with an ottoman and a roomy desk to spread out with laptop and papers.
The club room upgrade is definitely worth it. I understand the rooms are very similar, but it's the extras you get with the club room. Like free continental breakfast in the club lounge on their top floor, overlooking the city and harbour, or breakfast in their restaurant, Aria, on the ground floor. And free Wi-Fi too.
We went to the hotel's gym and sauna, which was really nice and handy. It's small but well equipped.
Whatever we requested from the concierge was brought to our room really fast. They have an impressive team working for them.
The restaurant food in Aria is world class as is the service. We were blown away by the quality and taste of the food. I understand it was all local produce and definitely fresh!
The proximity of the Crowne Plaza hotel is brilliant. We could easily walk to everything we wanted to see in Auckland city and meander back when finished. There are lots of restaurants and bars and shopping and entertainment venues to indulge in, as well as Auckland's beautiful harbour. You could taxi there if you wanted, but then you'd miss out on all the interesting sights in Auckland city.
We looked at other hotels in the area and whilst some were closer to the harbour, I am really glad we chose Crowne Plaza. If we didn't we'd have to walk so much further to the entertainment we wanted to see at the Civic Theatre and the Aotea Centre, not to mention Sky Tower. These were all just minutes walk from Crowne.
We went to Crowne Plaza for business and leisure -- spent two nights and three days there -- and left fully satiated and happy. We will definitely be back to the Crowne Plaza Hotel Auckland. We give our highest recommendation for them and we love their caring and helpful staff too.
Will and Grace
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the heart of Auckland s business district, above the Atrium on Elliott shopping complex and just a few minutes walk from The Edge Entertainment Centre, Sky City and Queen Street s golden mile, Crowne Plaza Auckland is the ideal base when visiting the city of sails. With 13 floors of accommodation including the Crowne Plaza Club, a choice of 10 meeting rooms offering 14 configurations plus several dining and relaxation options, we can provide for all your business hotel requirements. Crowne Plaza Auckland is truly The Place To Meet . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, IHG, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Crowne Plaza Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Auckland Hotel Auckland Central
- Auckland Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza Auckland New Zealand