1,998 results
All reviews the club lounge sky tower ihg member aria restaurant new zealand central location albert street concierge desk business hotel queen street good size corner room buffet breakfast comfortable rooms per day mini bar free internet
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Only two things stop this being a 5-star review. One is that as we were travelling as part of a package holiday, we are not in a position to judge the value for money of the accommodation and breakfast (both of which were excellent); and the Internet download speed is a little slow. However, Internet access is free if you join the IHG Rewards Club, which is itself free.

The location is great for accessing Skytower and many other areas of interest, not least the harbour front which is a short walk away. The rooms were spacious, comfortable and clean. There was an extensive good quality choice of food and drink available at breakfast. If we return to Auckland we would certainly be prepared to stay here again. In fact we will consider Crowne Plaza hotels for future stays having also had a good experience at Queenstown.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
NZIHG, Manager at Crowne Plaza Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear xmiles,

A MASSIVE THANK YOU for your 4 star review! I'm pleased to read that you had a great stay and Crowne Plaza will be your preferred choice of hotel because of your experience with us and Queenstown. That is AWESOME!!!!

I'm delighted to read that you found our location perfect for your purpose of travel. Thank you for your kind words regarding our spacious, comfortable, clean rooms and our extensive good quality choice of food and drink at breakfast. I will be sharing your review with our team who will be delighted to see that they were able to drive your preference to the Crowne Plaza Brand.

Crowne Plaza Auckland - Your first choice hotel in New Zealand

Reviewed 7 March 2014

Staff very friendly and helpful - room comfortable - paid parking conveniently located. Hotel nice and close to Skytower. I returned to room after checking out, as thought my sunglasses had been left in the room. Lady cleaning the room went out of her way to help, and even looked under the bed.
I found them in my coat pocket. Impressed with helpfulness. Also, they allowed early access to one of the three in our group, as she arrived at a different time.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
NZIHG, Manager at Crowne Plaza Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2014

Dear boblynnperth,

A HUGE THANK YOU for your fantastic 4 star review. I'm pleased to read you had a great stay with us and found our location perfect for your purpose of travel. Thank you for your kind words regarding the friendliness and helpfulness of our team especially our Reception and House keeping team. I'm gald we were able to accommodate an early check in as February was a busy month for us and Auckland.
Guest service is our number one priority so it is always a delight to read that we have got it right. I will make sure all the team mention see your kind words - it is a real motivator.

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - We love our guests!

Reviewed 5 March 2014

When we arrived at the hotel, we parked our car in the driveway and went to check in. A couple minutes later we were asked to go back out mid-check in and park our car so that a bus could exit. After looking outside, it was puzzling why they would not have just asked some of the taxi's to move on, as we had to move our car out of the driveway and into the paid carpark as there was no alternative. It wasn't much of an issue but it was a little bit of inconvenience. The rooms were excellent with massive, comfy beds and a great bathroom. We were nice and high on the 22nd floor and the views from our room were pretty impressive. The concierge staff seemed very knowledgeable about the city and where to go for dining etc which was a big help. Reception staff were also very friendly and accommodating. The buffet breakfast was pretty good but seemed to be lacking a few key things- all up not bad. Will definitely be back to stay next time we're in Auckland.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Cameron B,

Thank you for your 4 star review! I'm pleased to read you had a good stay with us and Crowne Plaza will be your first choice when you are in Auckland.
Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused with car parking and I agree with you we could have handled it better.
Thank you for your kind words regarding our Concierge and Reception team. I will for sure share your comments with them who will be thrilled to see that they are online superstars!
Feel free to contact to let me know what we could do more with our Breakfast Buffet and also to move you to a 5 Star review the next time you stay with us.

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - For couples, families and friends!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

A family break whilst touring New Zealand and my brother chose the hotel, normally we stay in the Intercontinental range of hotels.
Centrally located, surprisingly very large room on the 16th floor, with a decent bar and lounge.Although we did not eat hear the menu seemed reasonable.
The hotel was very busy, which is a good sign and overall we were quite impressed with the whole package.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear gordondixon,

A HUGE THANK YOU for your 4 star review. I'm pleased to read you had a great stay with us whilst touring New Zealand and I'm glad your brother chose the right hotel for you in Auckland, One which has large room, with a decent bar and lounge and reasonably priced menu. Surely he has great taste :)
We are very lucky with our location as we definitely have everything at our doorstep in Auckland, ranging from Shopping to Dining and Going Out.
Yes, we are a busy hotel however we always make sure we look after our guests like family.

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - Your Home away from Home!!

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Rooms were comfortable and quiet. Reception staff was friendly and very helpful. Wifi is free if you register in their rewards program but it takes a little while to get the system updated (I'm talking maybe an hour). Reception staff was helpful and friendly.
The hotel offers good value for money but the restaurant, although tasty, was extremely expensive. There are plenty of good options for dining walking distance from the hotel.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
NZIHG, Manager at Crowne Plaza Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Dear MJ P,

Thank you for your great 4 star review! I'm pleased to read you had a good stay with us and found our rooms quiet and comfortable. Thank you for your kind words regarding our friendly and helpful team. Congratulations on joining our IHG Rewards loyalty program. Look out for exclusive offers for IHG Rewards members- Its worth it!!

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - For couples, families and friends!