“Great location - large/comfortable rooms” 5 of 5 bubbles

Crowne Plaza Auckland
Ranked #10 of 68 Hotels in Auckland
GreenLeadersBronze level
San Francisco, California
“Great location - large/comfortable rooms”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

Wife and I recently stayed here overnight - would highly recommend. Everything from check in to check out was great. Checking in was seamless, receptionist even offered a late check-out time of 2 p.m. without me asking (which was greatly needed and appreciated). Room was large and comfortable - had a very comfortable sleep with no noise. Property is definitely aging, but overall was very clean. Wifi was free (for 1GB) as I'm a IHG member (anyone can sign up) which is very high from what I realized during my trip to North Island. Centrally located in downtown Auckland - walking distance to everything you need (about 10 mins to the waterfront). Hotel offers gym/sauna - good # of machines and clean. Staff was very friendly/helpful as well. Parking was $10/day for (in & outs) - it's advertised as $22 somewhere so I was pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
NZIHG, Manager at Crowne Plaza Auckland, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Dear David H,

A MASSIVE THANK YOU for your 5 star review!! I'm pleased to read you had a great stay with us. Thank you for your kind words regarding our team friendliness and helpfulness. Guest service is our number one priority so it is always a delight to read that we have got it right.
Our team will be thrilled to see your review - Its a real motivator!
Regarding Car parking we do dont own them, However we do have discounted charges for our guests which is $10 on Friday/ Saturday and $24 rest of the days.

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - The best kept secret in the centre of Auckland!!
E-mail: johnson.joseph@ihg.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (332)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

We stayed here for one night after flying from the US. It is accessible by the $16nz airport bus and in a very walkable location. We were given our room early--hooray!-- and the beds were comfy and the bathroom well-stocked (even with a diffuser for those of us with curly hair). I'd definitely stay again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ef002014
NZIHG, Manager at Crowne Plaza Auckland, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Dear ef002014,

A HUGE THANK YOU for your 5 star review! I'm pleased to read you had a great stay with us. I'm delighted that we were able to give you your room early- we always do are best :)

Thank you for recommending us and I'm thrilled to see you loved all our small touches we do to make your stay seamless and hassle free.

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - Well worth the long trip!
Brisbane, Queensland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

After a long day and a flight delay which had us arrving at the hotel about 0230, checking in was an absolute breeze and contained a great surprise.

IHG aren't known for treating Rewards Club Elites great in Aus/NZ so I was pleasantly surprised to see my basic King Club room upgraded to a Suite.

The suite takes up two stories and has as much room as you might ever need. The furniture downstairs all felt very new and comfortable whilst the California King bed upstairs was a pleasure to sleep on.

The hotel does feel a tad old in places, but it's not a terribly thing. The Club is a little on the small side but breakfast, afternoon drinks and the snacks offered during the day are all great.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Bass_ke
Dear Bass_ke,

A MASSIVE THANK YOU for your fantastic 5 star review!! I'm pleased to read you had a great stay with us. I'm thrilled to read you had a seamless check in and you loved our upgrade! Yes, we always try our best to upgrade to the next level, sometimes it becomes challenging due to non availability. I'm glad you loved our selection of food & beverages offered in our Club Lounge! So come back soon!!

I look forward to welcome you soon.

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - Made to impress!
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

Our flight took us to Auckland early and we were expecting to wait around a few hours for the 2 pm booking in. However, we were offered a room at 9 am with no additional charge. Still in a Club Room. (Loved the Club Room and the Club Facilities). We stayed a few days pre-cruise. From house keeping to the bar & meals everything was perfect. The building is getting a little old now, but very clean. The staff were the best and friendliest I have encountered in a few years of travel. They had diverse nationalities that came with automatic courtesy.
Well located, central to everything. Highly recommended

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear TravelAugust,

A MASSIVE THANK YOU for your fantastic 5 star review! I'm pleased to read you had a great stay with us. WOW!! Your comment "staff were the best and friendliest I have encountered in a few years of travel" that means a lot to us coming from a Top contributor on Tripadvisor! Its a real motivator!! THANK YOU!!!

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - To Serve with Love!!
Maryland, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

This hotel is in a great location. It is an older hotel, but well cared for. Our room was spacious and very clean, on an upper floor with a good view of the city. We had a good breakfast with good selection. The lobby was not very spacious or fancy, eating area was included and spare. Front desk service excellent. The wifi is free in the lobby only unless you belong to the IHG affinity club which offers free wifi in the room in its hotels. We were in a tour group and the hotel handled all aspects of our stay very efficiently. I would recommend this hotel and stay here again. Thank you to the great staff.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Dear maggieMD,

A HUGE THANK YOU for your 5 star review it means a lot to us coming from a senior contributor in Tripadvisor! I'm delighted to read you had a fantastic stay with us. Thank you for your kind words regarding our room, restaurant and most importantly our fantastic team who will do everything possible to put a smile on your face.
I will be sharing your review with our team - Its a real motivator!!

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - For couples, families and friends!
Worthing
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

Only two things stop this being a 5-star review. One is that as we were travelling as part of a package holiday, we are not in a position to judge the value for money of the accommodation and breakfast (both of which were excellent); and the Internet download speed is a little slow. However, Internet access is free if you join the IHG Rewards Club, which is itself free.

The location is great for accessing Skytower and many other areas of interest, not least the harbour front which is a short walk away. The rooms were spacious, comfortable and clean. There was an extensive good quality choice of food and drink available at breakfast. If we return to Auckland we would certainly be prepared to stay here again. In fact we will consider Crowne Plaza hotels for future stays having also had a good experience at Queenstown.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear xmiles,

A MASSIVE THANK YOU for your 4 star review! I'm pleased to read that you had a great stay and Crowne Plaza will be your preferred choice of hotel because of your experience with us and Queenstown. That is AWESOME!!!!

I'm delighted to read that you found our location perfect for your purpose of travel. Thank you for your kind words regarding our spacious, comfortable, clean rooms and our extensive good quality choice of food and drink at breakfast. I will be sharing your review with our team who will be delighted to see that they were able to drive your preference to the Crowne Plaza Brand.

Crowne Plaza Auckland - Your first choice hotel in New Zealand
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

Staff very friendly and helpful - room comfortable - paid parking conveniently located. Hotel nice and close to Skytower. I returned to room after checking out, as thought my sunglasses had been left in the room. Lady cleaning the room went out of her way to help, and even looked under the bed.
I found them in my coat pocket. Impressed with helpfulness. Also, they allowed early access to one of the three in our group, as she arrived at a different time.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
NZIHG, Manager at Crowne Plaza Auckland, responded to this review, 8 March 2014
Dear boblynnperth,

A HUGE THANK YOU for your fantastic 4 star review. I'm pleased to read you had a great stay with us and found our location perfect for your purpose of travel. Thank you for your kind words regarding the friendliness and helpfulness of our team especially our Reception and House keeping team. I'm gald we were able to accommodate an early check in as February was a busy month for us and Auckland.
Guest service is our number one priority so it is always a delight to read that we have got it right. I will make sure all the team mention see your kind words - it is a real motivator.

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - We love our guests!