1,987 results
All reviewsthe club loungesky towerihg memberaria restaurantnew zealandcentral locationalbert streetconcierge deskbusiness hotelqueen streetgood sizecorner roombuffet breakfastcomfortable roomsper daymini barfree internet
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I have stayed before but forgot to write a review. The staff here are always as helpful as they can be. Rooms are clean, tidy and pretty up to date. Breakfast us a great selection and the hotel is pretty convenient to the city. I like the gym as it has both pin and free weights as well as different cardio machines. Will be back again.
Even a splitting headache at 1am and they did their best to help out though I did go for a walk to get the drugs.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
NZIHG, Manager at Crowne Plaza Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Dear Simon G,

A MASSIVE THANK YOU for your 4 star review! I'm delighted to read you had a good stay with us and you loved your Room, Breakfast and our Gym. Thank you for your kind words regarding our team who always go the extra mile to ensure every guest are happy! I have taken you comments on board regarding the medicine though we cannot hold any medicine, we could have dealt with your requests in a different way!

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland : Happy Guests = Happy Team!!

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Was travelling to see a show at the Civic Theatre and had stayed at a couple of other hotels in the past. Decided to try this as got a good rate. As a solo traveller security and location was also important. Did not want to have a long walk back to the hotel on my own after the show let out at 10.30pm so this suited my needs exactly.
I arrived at around 11.00am and much to my surprise the room was ready. Found the room clean and tidy. Obviously had just been finished by the hotel maid as she rushed in as I let myself in to check she had done the pillows right! King size (very comfortable bed )and like other reviewers mentioned was a large room. Though I cannot understand previous comments made about it being an older hotel and showing it's age. It looked fine to me. Ok, not super contemporary but still very clean, and quiet and suited my needs exactly. Only heard the odd loud person in the hall. Couldn't hear anything from adjoining rooms and I had an interconnecting room.
All staff I came into contact with were pleasant and polite. My room rate included a breakfast and when this was inadvertently added to the bill upon checkout. I pointed this out and it was taken care of promptly and courteously

Will most definitely return!

Room Tip: 2218 looked over Queen street side of city
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank AndAkiAnd

Dear AndAkiAnd,

A HUGE THANK YOU for your fantastic 4 star review! I'm thrilled to read you had a great stay with us and you found our hotel ideal for your purpose of travel.
Yes, As you have mentioned we are indeed at the centre of all activities. I'm glad you were able to check in early, our Housekeeping team always do their our best to get all the rooms ready as early as possible.
I'm delighted to hear you loved our hotel. Yes we are not super contemporary hotel however we certainly do have the warmth & heart where you can be yourself and relax. Thank you for your kind words regarding our team - Its a real motivator!

I look forward to welcome you soon for another event.

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - Thats us!! Centre of all activities!!!

Reviewed 13 March 2014

A great hotel. We asked for a room with a view and it was amazing, overlooking the Waitamata harbour on floor 46. The staff of this hotel are absolutely amazing everyone was so helpful. We had the buffet breakfast included with our package and this was outstanding also. Thank you Crowne Plaza for such a great stay we will definitely stay again!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
NZIHG, Manager at Crowne Plaza Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

Dear kylie186,

A HUGE THANK YOU for your fantastic 4 star review! I'm pleased to read you had a great stay with us and enjoyed the view from our room overlooking the harbour. Thank you for your kind words regarding our team.
Guest service is our number one priority and I'm delighted to read that we have got it right! I will share you review with our team who will be thrilled to read your comments - Its a real motivator!

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - Where else?

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Wife and I recently stayed here overnight - would highly recommend. Everything from check in to check out was great. Checking in was seamless, receptionist even offered a late check-out time of 2 p.m. without me asking (which was greatly needed and appreciated). Room was large and comfortable - had a very comfortable sleep with no noise. Property is definitely aging, but overall was very clean. Wifi was free (for 1GB) as I'm a IHG member (anyone can sign up) which is very high from what I realized during my trip to North Island. Centrally located in downtown Auckland - walking distance to everything you need (about 10 mins to the waterfront). Hotel offers gym/sauna - good # of machines and clean. Staff was very friendly/helpful as well. Parking was $10/day for (in & outs) - it's advertised as $22 somewhere so I was pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
NZIHG, Manager at Crowne Plaza Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Dear David H,

A MASSIVE THANK YOU for your 5 star review!! I'm pleased to read you had a great stay with us. Thank you for your kind words regarding our team friendliness and helpfulness. Guest service is our number one priority so it is always a delight to read that we have got it right.
Our team will be thrilled to see your review - Its a real motivator!
Regarding Car parking we do dont own them, However we do have discounted charges for our guests which is $10 on Friday/ Saturday and $24 rest of the days.

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - The best kept secret in the centre of Auckland!!

Reviewed 11 March 2014

We stayed here for one night after flying from the US. It is accessible by the $16nz airport bus and in a very walkable location. We were given our room early--hooray!-- and the beds were comfy and the bathroom well-stocked (even with a diffuser for those of us with curly hair). I'd definitely stay again.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ef002014
NZIHG, Manager at Crowne Plaza Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear ef002014,

A HUGE THANK YOU for your 5 star review! I'm pleased to read you had a great stay with us. I'm delighted that we were able to give you your room early- we always do are best :)

Thank you for recommending us and I'm thrilled to see you loved all our small touches we do to make your stay seamless and hassle free.

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - Well worth the long trip!