1,986 results
All reviewsthe club loungesky towerihg memberaria restaurantnew zealandcentral locationalbert streetconcierge deskbusiness hotelqueen streetgood sizecorner roombuffet breakfastcomfortable roomsper daymini barfree internet
Reviewed 21 March 2014

My husband and I stayed in Executive Room 2711 for 7 nights. Checked in at 5:40 AM by friendly and efficient Jean & Akkash. The hotel and our room were clean, elegantly decorated, well managed and maintained. The location is convenient; a few floors above a food court, restaurants and shopping, easy walk to public transportation, more restaurants, Sky Tower, Civic Theatre and Queen Street. Our room has a view of Sky Tower, a comfortable king bed, quiet and excellent housekeeping.

We had continental breakfast and evening cocktails daily in the Executive Lounge with excellent services with one exception during the first evening. I am rating our stay 4.5 instead of 5 due to our dissatisfaction with the Executive Lounge assistant attendant on 3/15/2014 between 5:30 – 6:30 PM. Our experience with her told us that she needed more diversity training in equal treatment of people of all colours and culture background. We are; however, pleased to see that Crowne Plaza management was responsive to our complaint about this .

Room Tip: The Executive rooms on 27th & 28th floors are worth it.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
NZIHG, Manager at Crowne Plaza Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2014

Dear OandL,

A HUGE THANK YOU for your 4 star review!! I'm pleased to read overall you had a great stay with us. I'm delighted to read you found our location perfect for your purpose of travel and room comfortable, clean and excellent!
Thank you for your kind words regarding our team. I will for sure share your comments with Akash & Jean who will be thrilled to see their name mentioned on Tripadvisor!
I'm glad you enjoyed your continental breakfast and evening cocktails daily in the Executive Lounge with excellent service. Thank you for bringing up your concern which was dealt with immediately.

I look forward to welcome you soon so that you could give us a 5 star review!

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - Where it's all very Real!

Reviewed 20 March 2014

This is a comfortable hotel in a good part of town. However, the internet was so slow, I struggled to get any work done. That's all there is to say really but TripAdvisor insists on 200 character minimum review...

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear newrose,

Thank you for your review! I'm pleased to read you had a comfortable stay and found our location good for your purpose of visit, However I was disappointed to read that you had issues with our internet. Please accept my sincere apologies for all the inconvenience this may have caused during your stay.
We provide complimentary internet for all our IHG rewards member which is good for normal browsing and emails. We also have a premium option available for a nominal charge which has faster internet more suitable for business- video, video conferencing etc.
I would really appreciate if you could kindly get in touch with me so that I can resolve your concern to your satisfaction. Also I can investigate further so that other guests do not experience similar issue in future.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Crowne Plaza Auckland

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Stayed recently for 2 nights after an extensive 4 days on the road (or more correctly in the air) cris-crossing Australia for work.

Rooms - superb. The room are very comfortable and clean. Bathroom a good size. Bed very comfortable. I can't understand why some reviewers think it is 'dated'. The question I would ask is when did you last refurbish your own bedroom and bathroom - probably 10+ years ago.

Staff - absolutely wonderful. From reception to concierge to room service to housekeeping. All extremely friendly and helpful.

Now for room service - take note Australian hotels you should copy this hotel's standards - and please note I have stayed in every Australian Crowne Plaza and most Holiday Inns. Crown Plaza Auckland sets the standard all other IHG hotels NEED to meet. Real cloth napkin. Actual salt and pepper shakers (not those cheap 1-of-each saches). Real condiments. Real service - friendly and affable and ON TIME.

I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. If you care to check out any of my other reviews you will see i am somewhat brutally honest where service levels are not met.
This hotel through its staff set a standard that other hotels need to strive to achieve.

Now I do need to specifically mention two staff members who made extra efforts to assist with advice, airport transfers and service before I even arrived as my travel plans changed due to work requirement. To Johnson Joseph and Shiju Oommen my sincere thanks.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Dear FrequentOzTraveller,

WOW! What a fantastic 700th review!! A MASSIVE THANK YOU!!!
I'm delighted to read you had a great stay with us. Your review sums up everything we are working towards and I'm thrilled to see we are on the right track! Thank you for recommending us!
Thank you for your kind words regarding our team especially Shiju who I am sure will get your review framed and will keep it for life on becoming an online superstar! :) - Its a real motivator!!

I look forward to welcome you in the near future.

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - Because You deserve the Best!!

Reviewed 16 March 2014

I have stayed before but forgot to write a review. The staff here are always as helpful as they can be. Rooms are clean, tidy and pretty up to date. Breakfast us a great selection and the hotel is pretty convenient to the city. I like the gym as it has both pin and free weights as well as different cardio machines. Will be back again.
Even a splitting headache at 1am and they did their best to help out though I did go for a walk to get the drugs.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
NZIHG, Manager at Crowne Plaza Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Dear Simon G,

A MASSIVE THANK YOU for your 4 star review! I'm delighted to read you had a good stay with us and you loved your Room, Breakfast and our Gym. Thank you for your kind words regarding our team who always go the extra mile to ensure every guest are happy! I have taken you comments on board regarding the medicine though we cannot hold any medicine, we could have dealt with your requests in a different way!

I look forward to welcome you in the near future.

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland : Happy Guests = Happy Team!!

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Was travelling to see a show at the Civic Theatre and had stayed at a couple of other hotels in the past. Decided to try this as got a good rate. As a solo traveller security and location was also important. Did not want to have a long walk back to the hotel on my own after the show let out at 10.30pm so this suited my needs exactly.
I arrived at around 11.00am and much to my surprise the room was ready. Found the room clean and tidy. Obviously had just been finished by the hotel maid as she rushed in as I let myself in to check she had done the pillows right! King size (very comfortable bed )and like other reviewers mentioned was a large room. Though I cannot understand previous comments made about it being an older hotel and showing it's age. It looked fine to me. Ok, not super contemporary but still very clean, and quiet and suited my needs exactly. Only heard the odd loud person in the hall. Couldn't hear anything from adjoining rooms and I had an interconnecting room.
All staff I came into contact with were pleasant and polite. My room rate included a breakfast and when this was inadvertently added to the bill upon checkout. I pointed this out and it was taken care of promptly and courteously

Will most definitely return!

Room Tip: 2218 looked over Queen street side of city
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank AndAkiAnd

Dear AndAkiAnd,

A HUGE THANK YOU for your fantastic 4 star review! I'm thrilled to read you had a great stay with us and you found our hotel ideal for your purpose of travel.
Yes, As you have mentioned we are indeed at the centre of all activities. I'm glad you were able to check in early, our Housekeeping team always do their our best to get all the rooms ready as early as possible.
I'm delighted to hear you loved our hotel. Yes we are not super contemporary hotel however we certainly do have the warmth & heart where you can be yourself and relax. Thank you for your kind words regarding our team - Its a real motivator!

I look forward to welcome you soon for another event.

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - Thats us!! Centre of all activities!!!