1,983 results
All reviewsthe club loungesky towerihg memberaria restaurantnew zealandcentral locationalbert streetconcierge deskbusiness hotelqueen streetgood sizecorner roombuffet breakfastcomfortable roomsper daymini barfree internet
Reviewed 23 March 2014

The Crowne Plaza on Albert Street is a very good choice if you want to stay in the center of Auckland. It is easy to get in and out from the motorway, and the location puts you within easy walking distance of Queen Street and other shopping locations. We were in a comfortable Club room, so we enjoyed the breakfast service and the views from the breakfast room. The breakfast selection is not vast, but it's fine and the staff are friendly--as were the staff at the front desk. Make sure you are clear about parking charges when you check in so there are no misunderstandings later. I'd be happy to recommend the Crowne Plaza, and to stay there again.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
NZIHG, Manager at Crowne Plaza Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear MoseyOn,

A HUGE THANK YOU for your 4 star review! I'm pleased to read you had a great stay with us and found the Hotel to be a good base for exploring the City. I'm thrilled to read you enjoyed our Club room and Club Lounge. Yes, we provide good quality Continental breakfast in our club lounge, However we have an extensive Breakfast buffet in our Aria restaurant which is acknowledged as the best breakfast in town by our regular guests. Thank you for your kind words regarding our team - Its a real motivator!

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - Keep calm and grill bacon!

Reviewed 23 March 2014

We had 2 nights in Crowne Plaza as the first stop in our tour of North and South Island. It was the perfect setting off point. We were able to rest after our flight and even managed a meal with friends at the top of the Sky Tower. Awesome. The service in the hotel was good and we would certainly return again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear SussieQ,

A MASSIVE THANK YOU for your 4 Star review!! I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay and found the Hotel to be a good base for exploring New Zealand.
Thank you for your kind words regarding our service and team. I will share your review with our team- Its a real Motivator!!

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - Well worth the long trip!

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Excellent location if you are after something central in Auckland. My only comment is that you can start to see the age of this hotel in some places. I haven't eaten in the hotel due to number of great places to eat within a 5 min walk.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear HallBA,

A HUGE THANK YOU for your 4 star review! I'm pleased to read you had a good stay with us and found our hotel perfect for your purpose of travel. I strongly recommend to try our Aria restaurant at Crowne Plaza Auckland on your next visit. You can see what other reviewers have to say about our food & service on Tripadvisor. Feel free to contact to let me know what we could do to move you to a 5 Star review.

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - Location! Location!! Location!!!

Reviewed 21 March 2014

My husband and I stayed in Executive Room 2711 for 7 nights. Checked in at 5:40 AM by friendly and efficient Jean & Akkash. The hotel and our room were clean, elegantly decorated, well managed and maintained. The location is convenient; a few floors above a food court, restaurants and shopping, easy walk to public transportation, more restaurants, Sky Tower, Civic Theatre and Queen Street. Our room has a view of Sky Tower, a comfortable king bed, quiet and excellent housekeeping.

We had continental breakfast and evening cocktails daily in the Executive Lounge with excellent services with one exception during the first evening. I am rating our stay 4.5 instead of 5 due to our dissatisfaction with the Executive Lounge assistant attendant on 3/15/2014 between 5:30 – 6:30 PM. Our experience with her told us that she needed more diversity training in equal treatment of people of all colours and culture background. We are; however, pleased to see that Crowne Plaza management was responsive to our complaint about this .

Room Tip: The Executive rooms on 27th & 28th floors are worth it.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
NZIHG, Manager at Crowne Plaza Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2014

Dear OandL,

A HUGE THANK YOU for your 4 star review!! I'm pleased to read overall you had a great stay with us. I'm delighted to read you found our location perfect for your purpose of travel and room comfortable, clean and excellent!
Thank you for your kind words regarding our team. I will for sure share your comments with Akash & Jean who will be thrilled to see their name mentioned on Tripadvisor!
I'm glad you enjoyed your continental breakfast and evening cocktails daily in the Executive Lounge with excellent service. Thank you for bringing up your concern which was dealt with immediately.

I look forward to welcome you soon so that you could give us a 5 star review!

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - Where it's all very Real!

Reviewed 20 March 2014

This is a comfortable hotel in a good part of town. However, the internet was so slow, I struggled to get any work done. That's all there is to say really but TripAdvisor insists on 200 character minimum review...

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear newrose,

Thank you for your review! I'm pleased to read you had a comfortable stay and found our location good for your purpose of visit, However I was disappointed to read that you had issues with our internet. Please accept my sincere apologies for all the inconvenience this may have caused during your stay.
We provide complimentary internet for all our IHG rewards member which is good for normal browsing and emails. We also have a premium option available for a nominal charge which has faster internet more suitable for business- video, video conferencing etc.
I would really appreciate if you could kindly get in touch with me so that I can resolve your concern to your satisfaction. Also I can investigate further so that other guests do not experience similar issue in future.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Crowne Plaza Auckland