“Internet. Its the 21st Century”

Crowne Plaza Auckland
Ranked #10 of 67 Hotels in Auckland
GreenLeadersBronze level
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Internet. Its the 21st Century”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We Stayed from Thursday 3rd April till the 7th April. Very Clean well run, excellent rooms. and Breakfast was on of the best I have had. very big selection. Excellent Location, one street away from the tower and an easy walk to the Ferries. Staff were friendly so all in all 10 out of 10. If I was to return to Auckland this would be my first choice. "BUT" the Internet is very frustrating. 30min free Wi Fi for 24 Hours. ?????? it makes you have to buy the 12 hour or 24 hour blocks.
$10 for 12 hours is maybe not much but why pay at all. I have been in the smallest town in the middle of Texas and had free Wi-Fi. in an age of socal media etc people want the internet.Get into the 21st Century please.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Jeff M
NZIHG, Manager at Crowne Plaza Auckland, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear Jeff M,

A MASSIVE THANK YOU for your 4 star review! I'm pleased to read you had a great stay with us and loved our location, our super clean large room and breakfast which was one of the best you had ever had! Thank You!! BUT, I'm disappointed to read that you were not informed regarding our complimentary internet which is available through our your stay, All you have to do is join our IHG Rewards club which is easy to enrol and is free!!

I look forward to welcome you in the near future and I'm positive you will give us a 5 star review!

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - Become member of IHG Rewards Club: Complimentary internet for your entire stay, every stay!
E-mail: johnson.joseph@ihg.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (344)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Stayed 4 nights here . Walked down from a stay at Sky City. We were too early for the room to be ready but had no proplem leaving our bags while we had breakfast/lunch in the main street. Arrived back about 1PM and our room was ready.
Stayed in 2202 , all in all a good room
The fully equiped Gym is good , as is the Sauna which has fresh towels at hand.
4 lifts service the hotel ( longest wait would have been 1 minute)
(Tip) Internet is chargeable but if you join the IHG group you get 30 minutes free per day. Join at reception.
Worth a stay here.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Aussietracker,

A HUGE THANK YOU for your fantastic 5 star review! I'm pleased to read you had a great stay with us and found our location perfect for your purpose of travel. I'm delighted to read you loved all the small touches we provide to enhance your stay with us like our Gym, Sauna to name a few.
I read your comments regarding complimentary internet for IHG rewards club members - It is complimentary for the entire stay! Please accept my sincere apologies if this was not been made clear to you during check-in.
Thank you for your kind words regarding our team. I will share your comments with them-Its a real motivator!

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - Good Hotel, Great Team!!
Bowie, Maryland
Reviewed 3 April 2014

We stayed 2 nights in early Feb. and again 2 nights in late Feb on our wonderful trip to New Zealand. The location is great and within walking distance of the harbor, skytower, and other tourist attractions. Breakfast in the food court just down the elevator was great at the Bakery shop and much cheaper than hotel offerings. Other food very available but after 6PM they do roll up the streets around the Crowne Plaza and you need to walk to the harbour area for better selections. Staff very friendly and rooms were very clean and management host a nice cocktail reception with yummy NZ wine for IHG club members. I hope you don't need it but I was very sick on arrival to Auckland and I got great care at the City Med clinic and pharmacy which is just 2 blocks from CP. This is a very good downtown hotel and we enjoyed our stay (once we got "drugs" from the Dr.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Bowiememe
NZIHG, Manager at Crowne Plaza Auckland, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Dear Bowiememe,

A HUGE THANK YOU for your 5 star review! I'm pleased to read you had a wonderful stay (after having the "drugs" from the Dr. :)) with us and found our location perfect for your purpose of travel. I'm glad you liked all the small touches we do to Thank our lHG Rewards loyal guests.
Guest service is our number one priority so it is always a delight to read that we have got it right. I will make sure all the team see your kind words - it is a real motivator.

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - Well worth the long trip!
Brisbane
Reviewed 2 April 2014

My husband I stayed here for 4 nights, 20-24 March, to celebrate a milestone birthday. I had booked the room through a travel agent. Unknown to me, my husband contacted the hotel direct to make arrangements to surprise me. He spoke with Johnson Joseph, the operations manager, who was just wonderful. My husband found out via the hotel that the travel agent had booked us the wrong room type, so Johnson was quick to make amends. On arrival, we were treated to new client drinks in the lobby bar (which are held on certain days of the week). Then once we went to our room we were blown away. Johnson had arranged for a Level 26 room with city and harbour views, which was decorated in birthday banners, balloons, a complimentary bottle of wine, a birthday cake and candle, and a card signed by the staff. I was absolutely gobsmacked. It certainly made my birthday all the more special. The location of the property is great - a short walk to the casino, Queen Street and the harbour front/Viaduct. The room was impeccably clean, and kept so throughout our stay. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. The reception, bar and concierge staff were wonderful - nothing was too much trouble. We did not eat in the restaurant so cannot make comment there. Good selection of wines at the bar. Overall, we had the most wonderful stay. A BIG thank you to Johnson Joseph and his staff. I can wholeheartedly recommend this property to anyone looking for quality, well located accommodation in Auckland.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
NZIHG, Manager at Crowne Plaza Auckland, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Dear Nvios,

A MASSIVE THANK YOU for your 5 star review. I'm delighted to read you had a great stay with us and you chose to share your milestone event in your life with us, This means a lot to us!
Thank you for your extremely kind words and I'm thrilled to read you had a memorable birthday! The team and I wish you loads of happiness and success. Please do not wait for another milestone to visit us.

Come back soon! We are waiting!!

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - Licenced to Thrill!
Orpington
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

We spent two non consecutive nights at this centrally placed hotel convenient for the tourist resorts and harbour. On both occasions we were impressed with the friendy and helpful staff. The rooms were clean and the beds very comfortable. We do not usually rate hotel restaurants but since we had been to this hotel and restaurant in 2008 and were very happy with the restaurant we decided to try it again. On both occasions this time the meal was excellent and the service good. One of the best meals we have had during our 2 week stay in New Zealand. Unfortunately, I was not impressed with the wifi. It was very intermittent with the signal strength even in the lobby being poor. Understandably when the hotel is full you might expect the shared broadband to be hard pushed. It seems obvious that the router capacity should be set as strongest for a full house so that people will not be disappointed whatever the number of guests staying. This can only get worse with more and more guests having mobile devices. It is a great shame that the high quality of everything else in this hotel is spoiled by poor wifi.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CriticP
NZIHG, Manager at Crowne Plaza Auckland, responded to this review, 30 March 2014
Dear CriticP,

A HUGE THANK YOU for your 4 star review! I'm pleased to read you had a great stay with us and found our location perfect for your purpose of travel. I'm delighted to read you loved our comfortable rooms and most importantly our ARIA restaurant both Food and Service. Thank you for your kind words regarding team friendliness! Its a real motivator!!
I have taken your comments regarding our internet on board, Rest assured I will personally look into this to resolve the internet issue immediately. I am positive the next time you stay with you will give us a 5 star review.

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - ARIA Restaurant & Bar - Great Food! Great Service!!
Wallsend, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We stayed here for two nights as part of a tour group, this hotel being ideally located 3m walk from the Auckland Tower. We had a double room (2018) with twin beds and all the usual facilities such as safe, fridge, tea/coffee making, iron etc. together with 2 chairs and a table as well as a chair at the writing desk. The room was furnished almost the same as other Crowne Plazas we have stayed at. There were only views of other skyscrapers from the window. The bathroom was well equipped with good toiletries, soap and bath with shower. The room was clean and well maintained. Also this is one of the few hotels you can get 2 suitcases on the suitcase stand together.
The front desk was very helpful and linked me to free unlimited Wi-fi as a member of IHG Group, otherwise there is 30m free wifi included with the room.
WE did not eat in the hotel as there is an excellent bakery cafe in the shopping area below the hotel, and a huge choice of restaurant within easy walking distance.
Overall we had a very comfortable stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
NZIHG, Manager at Crowne Plaza Auckland, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Dear Tynes1der,

A MASSIVE THANK YOU for your 4 star review. I'm pleased to read you had a comfortable stay with us and found our location perfect to suit your purpose of travel. I'm delighted to read you loved everything about our room - our amenities, cleanliness and also our luggage rack which can easily hold two suitcases in a twin room that very few hotels have these days. We do put our guests at the Heart of everything we do!!
Thank you for your kind words regarding our team - They are our biggest asset!!

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - Putting our guests at the heart of everything we do!
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 March 2014

This is a very large hotel with a bit of an anonymous feel,well situated in central Auckland. The welcome was an excellent one from very helpful reception staff and the room spacious, very clean, well equipped and very quiet.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors are presumably better in terms of traffic noise