“Convenient” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 68 Hotels in Auckland
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Convenient”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

The parking was a bit difficult as I have a truck but everything else outweighed that small bump in the road. Brilliant service. Can do attitude. More than happy to help. Awesome gym too. I did have to check the bill at the end as a few costs had occurred on my bill that we hadn't had but they were quick to correct and help sort.

• Stayed March 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
NZIHG, Manager at Crowne Plaza Auckland, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Dear TravelandExperiences,

A HUGE THANK YOU for your 5 star review! I'm pleased to read you had a great stay with us. Thank you for highlighting our brilliant team and their can do attitude as this is what make us different from the rest. Please accept my sincere apologies regarding your bill, However I am delighted to see that our team was able to resolve to your satisfaction.

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - Convenient! Bcos we take care of all your needs!!
E-mail: johnson.joseph@ihg.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (332)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

I had a 1 night stay here at the Crowne Plaza before going out on a cruise. The hotel room was spacious and comfortable. The breakfast in the lounge was hearty and internet was available. The concierge assisted me with contacting a tour that I had booked. The hotel was centrally located.

Would plan on staying here again if in Auckland.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
NZIHG, Manager at Crowne Plaza Auckland, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear LA_Travelers_1,

A MASSIVE THANK YOU for your 5 star review!! I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay and found the Hotel to be a good base for exploring the City. Yes, we are blessed with our location as we are at the centre of all activities. Thank you for your kind words and I'm delighted all aspects of your stay was successful. I will pass on your comments to our concierge team in particular, They will be delighted to be online superstars!

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - Your exploration base!
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

I stayed two nights at the Crowne Plaza on business. I was assigned a disabled access room (which may be bigger than normal), with large bathroom, large room with comfortable bed and work desk. On the 16th floor, the room was quiet. Rooms are well-appointed with a modern chaise lounge and flat screen tv. Only criticism would be for the TV to pivot so that it could be watched from the lounge as well as the bed. Check-in and out was quick and efficient. The gym is well-appointed but only has one cross-trained which could be a problem in peak hour.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear parischris2007,

Thank you for your fantastic 4 star review! I'm pleased to read you had a great stay with us and enjoyed our large, quiet room with comfortable bed. I have taken your comments on board regarding the best possible place for the TV to be placed in our accessible room, as I truly believe our guests give us the best feedback and we always put our guests at the Heart of everything we do! Thank you for your kind words regarding our team!!

I look forward to welcome you in the near future to score us a 5 star review :)

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - Business or Leisure!! we can do best!!
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

We Stayed from Thursday 3rd April till the 7th April. Very Clean well run, excellent rooms. and Breakfast was on of the best I have had. very big selection. Excellent Location, one street away from the tower and an easy walk to the Ferries. Staff were friendly so all in all 10 out of 10. If I was to return to Auckland this would be my first choice. "BUT" the Internet is very frustrating. 30min free Wi Fi for 24 Hours. ?????? it makes you have to buy the 12 hour or 24 hour blocks.
$10 for 12 hours is maybe not much but why pay at all. I have been in the smallest town in the middle of Texas and had free Wi-Fi. in an age of socal media etc people want the internet.Get into the 21st Century please.

2 Thank Jeff M
Dear Jeff M,

A MASSIVE THANK YOU for your 4 star review! I'm pleased to read you had a great stay with us and loved our location, our super clean large room and breakfast which was one of the best you had ever had! Thank You!! BUT, I'm disappointed to read that you were not informed regarding our complimentary internet which is available through our your stay, All you have to do is join our IHG Rewards club which is easy to enrol and is free!!

I look forward to welcome you in the near future and I'm positive you will give us a 5 star review!

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - Become member of IHG Rewards Club: Complimentary internet for your entire stay, every stay!
Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

Stayed 4 nights here . Walked down from a stay at Sky City. We were too early for the room to be ready but had no proplem leaving our bags while we had breakfast/lunch in the main street. Arrived back about 1PM and our room was ready.
Stayed in 2202 , all in all a good room
The fully equiped Gym is good , as is the Sauna which has fresh towels at hand.
4 lifts service the hotel ( longest wait would have been 1 minute)
(Tip) Internet is chargeable but if you join the IHG group you get 30 minutes free per day. Join at reception.
Worth a stay here.

Dear Aussietracker,

A HUGE THANK YOU for your fantastic 5 star review! I'm pleased to read you had a great stay with us and found our location perfect for your purpose of travel. I'm delighted to read you loved all the small touches we provide to enhance your stay with us like our Gym, Sauna to name a few.
I read your comments regarding complimentary internet for IHG rewards club members - It is complimentary for the entire stay! Please accept my sincere apologies if this was not been made clear to you during check-in.
Thank you for your kind words regarding our team. I will share your comments with them-Its a real motivator!

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - Good Hotel, Great Team!!
Bowie, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

We stayed 2 nights in early Feb. and again 2 nights in late Feb on our wonderful trip to New Zealand. The location is great and within walking distance of the harbor, skytower, and other tourist attractions. Breakfast in the food court just down the elevator was great at the Bakery shop and much cheaper than hotel offerings. Other food very available but after 6PM they do roll up the streets around the Crowne Plaza and you need to walk to the harbour area for better selections. Staff very friendly and rooms were very clean and management host a nice cocktail reception with yummy NZ wine for IHG club members. I hope you don't need it but I was very sick on arrival to Auckland and I got great care at the City Med clinic and pharmacy which is just 2 blocks from CP. This is a very good downtown hotel and we enjoyed our stay (once we got "drugs" from the Dr.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Bowiememe
NZIHG, Manager at Crowne Plaza Auckland, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Dear Bowiememe,

A HUGE THANK YOU for your 5 star review! I'm pleased to read you had a wonderful stay (after having the "drugs" from the Dr. :)) with us and found our location perfect for your purpose of travel. I'm glad you liked all the small touches we do to Thank our lHG Rewards loyal guests.
Guest service is our number one priority so it is always a delight to read that we have got it right. I will make sure all the team see your kind words - it is a real motivator.

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - Well worth the long trip!
Brisbane
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

My husband I stayed here for 4 nights, 20-24 March, to celebrate a milestone birthday. I had booked the room through a travel agent. Unknown to me, my husband contacted the hotel direct to make arrangements to surprise me. He spoke with Johnson Joseph, the operations manager, who was just wonderful. My husband found out via the hotel that the travel agent had booked us the wrong room type, so Johnson was quick to make amends. On arrival, we were treated to new client drinks in the lobby bar (which are held on certain days of the week). Then once we went to our room we were blown away. Johnson had arranged for a Level 26 room with city and harbour views, which was decorated in birthday banners, balloons, a complimentary bottle of wine, a birthday cake and candle, and a card signed by the staff. I was absolutely gobsmacked. It certainly made my birthday all the more special. The location of the property is great - a short walk to the casino, Queen Street and the harbour front/Viaduct. The room was impeccably clean, and kept so throughout our stay. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. The reception, bar and concierge staff were wonderful - nothing was too much trouble. We did not eat in the restaurant so cannot make comment there. Good selection of wines at the bar. Overall, we had the most wonderful stay. A BIG thank you to Johnson Joseph and his staff. I can wholeheartedly recommend this property to anyone looking for quality, well located accommodation in Auckland.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
NZIHG, Manager at Crowne Plaza Auckland, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Dear Nvios,

A MASSIVE THANK YOU for your 5 star review. I'm delighted to read you had a great stay with us and you chose to share your milestone event in your life with us, This means a lot to us!
Thank you for your extremely kind words and I'm thrilled to read you had a memorable birthday! The team and I wish you loads of happiness and success. Please do not wait for another milestone to visit us.

Come back soon! We are waiting!!

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - Licenced to Thrill!