“Another awesome stay !!!”

Crowne Plaza Auckland
Ranked #10 of 67 Hotels in Auckland
GreenLeadersBronze level
New Zealand
“Another awesome stay !!!”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I booked to stay at the CP Auckland for a Saturday night stay over Easter. From the time I arrived, I was attended to by a front desk member who was under training. I'm sorry I didn't get her name, but from the minute I arrived, she was pleasant, helpful, recognised me as a Platinum Elite member and gave me an upgraded room. Her training has obviously been intensive and she will be a great asset to the hotel. My room was uber modern, was on the 27th floor and was right under the sky tower which was decked out in lighting recognising Anzac Day. All staff I encountered went above and beyond to make my stay pleasant. I had access to the Club Lounge. I attended in the evening for drinks, again the staff member manning the lounge was very pleasant and efficient, cleaned up immediately after people had left and was circulating topping up wine and asking if anyone needed extra drinks. The food was continuously topped up. The lounge is open at all other times for a quality coffee or tea. All in all, I have no reason to hunt out any other hotel in Auckland to stay at other than this one. There may be cheaper deals available at other hotels, but the facilities and staff make the Crown Plaza very very hard to beat.. Before I forget.. The breakfast is to die for....

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
NZIHG, Manager at Crowne Plaza Auckland, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Musclebearnz,

You are a very lucky man! I'm only joking!! A MASSIVE THANK YOU for your fantastic 5 star review!! I'm delighted to read you had a great stay with us and Crowne Plaza is your preferred choice whilst visiting Auckland. Thank you for your kind words regarding our team especially Ruchika (team member who was on training). I'm pleased to read you loved our club lounge. Yes, its worth every penny!! I will be sharing your wonderful comments with my team - Its a real motivator!!

I look forward to welcome you soon.

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - Because staying with us only once is not enough!
E-mail: johnson.joseph@ihg.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (344)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Broadbeach, Australia
Reviewed 26 April 2014

On my last trip to this property the service cost and attitude was not what I would call professional at all. This trip it is like staying in a completely different hotel, outstanding service from the moment I got out of my taxi, to having dinner in the restaurant, this includes housekeeping, room service and the lounge. Currently in house at the time of writing and could not be happier. Much appreciated. I now would highly recommend this hotel as they have lifted their game, customer service and approachability.

Mickeyc

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Michael C,

WOW!! What an amazing 5 star review!! I'm thrilled to read that we were able to move you from a 2 star to a 5 star rating! THANK YOU!! I do really appreciate it when our guests award us this accolade.
Guest service is our number one priority so it is always a delight to read that we have got it right. I will make sure all the team mention see your kind words - it is a real motivator.

I look forward to welcome you in the near future.

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - We make it happen!
Singapore
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Biggest criticism is that the rooms which while quite spacious are a little 'tired' in terms of furnishings. (The room telephone is probably worth a bit as an antique!)
The aircon is either ancient and hard to control. The room lighting is a challenge. no individual reading lights. For some reason the lifts are at a corner of the building so your room may be a day's ride from the elevators. In summary this is no star in the IHC portfolio.
And, oh yes I almost forgot; this hotel scores at least in my 25+ years of travelling in having 40 minutes as their quoted time to deliver room service - and that was on a quite day!

Room Tip: Bring a scooter or get a room near the lifts.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear SafariMazuri,

Thank you for your review! I'm disappointed to read that you did not find our hotel to your taste. I am aware that our manager on duty met you during your stay providing alternative solutions for your concerns which you politely declined.
If there is anything we can do to change your mind to come back then please get in touch with me directly.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Crowne Plaza Auckland
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 April 2014

The hotel was well positioned and only a few minutes walk from the Sky tower. The dinner on arrival for our group was good, although the service was rather slow. The breakfasts were very good. During our 3 night stay there was a visiting Australian rugby team, who were rather boisterous and noisy and disregarded consideration of other guests. That apart, the hotel was very good and well recommended.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
NZIHG, Manager at Crowne Plaza Auckland, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
Dear Frank B,

A HUGE THANK YOU for your fantastic 5 star review! I'm pleased to read you had a great stay with us and found the Hotel to be a good base for exploring the City. Thank your for highlighting our breakfast, Yes we have an elaborate breakfast selection to meet our guests preferences. Please accept my sincere apologies for the dinner service. I was made aware the same evening, We have liaised with all tour operators on best possible way to improve the speed of service for group dinner as we usually provide a personalised plated meal to a buffet offering. This has now been resolved.

I look forward to welcome you in the near future and I am positive you will have yet another great stay with us.

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - For couples, families and friends!
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 24 April 2014

This was my wife and I first holiday away with our 3mth old daughter.

We’ve stayed at the Crowne Plaza before and decided to stay here again due to the central location of the hotel and it’s amenities.

We requested a cot/crib at the time at the time of booking and it was set up in our room on arrival.

Our room was on the 23rd floor facing towards Queens Street. The room was large and spacious, even with the cot/crib nearby.

We had breakfast each morning. The staff were very helpful especially when they saw we had our young one with us.

There is a self-service laundry on the 17th floor, which we found useful when we needed clean and fresh baby clothes.

The hotel is centrally located and most things are easily within walking distance.

There is a good gym on the 12th floor with a good selection of cardio machines and weights.

Overall we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would happily stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear jbg7,

A MASSIVE THANK YOU for your fantastic 5 star review! I'm delighted to read you had another great stay with us - now with your 3 month old daughter. We are Thrilled to hear your great comments all around which is a real motivator!
Thank you for highlighting all aspects of your stay as its always good to know that we are in the right track providing consistent genuine service to all our guests.

I look forward to welcome you and your family in near future.

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - Thats us!
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Was a super busy weekend in Auckland, and my (plus friend had a) booking for a room with two queen beds had been changed to one king bed room.
Hotel reception were extremely apologetic and managed to do some magic (with complete occupancy for the two nights) but we were down graded (not that I would have noticed) but offered a refund for the difference (as cash!!).
Room had two double beds with a lovely view to the east of the city. Extremely clean and great housekeeping. Was perfect.
The view from the lifts would be amazing (if I wasn't afraid of heights ;-)
The bar downstairs was very welcoming and had very good coffee!
I thought it was a fabulous location, practically next to the Sky tower and a short walk to the harbour.
The mix up at check in was handled really well - and I was left feeling very positive about it all - great customer service! Concierge/door men were fabulous as well!

Room Tip: Higher the better! East side meant lots of sun in the morning - although the block out curtains wer...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
NZIHG, Manager at Crowne Plaza Auckland, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
Dear lilbluehorse,

A HUGE THANK YOU for your 5 star review! I do really appreciate it when our guests award us this accolade. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay, apologies that we got your rooms wrong, However I'm delighted to hear that our team were able to resolve it to your satisfaction. Thank you for your kind words. I will be sharing your comments with the team - Its a real motivator!

I look forward to welcome you in the near future.

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - Great location! Great Hotel!!
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Our family of three stayed in a double queen room over two nights. We were really impressed with the room, amenities and, especially, the friendly and really helpful staff. Parking was really cheap at $10 pn (weekend rate). The location of the hotel is one of the best features. It's less than 10minutes away from Queen St, and the same to Skycity, but far enough away that there is virtually no street noise. The inhouse laundry facility is an asset, as is the gym and the glass lifts - our son thought it was a carnival ride :). We are so happy with our stay, that we've already started to plan our next one. Thanks so much!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Vaaria2010,

A MASSIVE THANK YOU for your 5 star review! I'm delighted to read you absolutely loved all aspects of your stay - our location, our room, amenities, parking.
Yes, we do have an inhouse laundry on 17th Floor which is really convenient for our guests and not to forget our gym on the 12th Floor which is handy for guests who love themselves( I'm one of them too). I'm thrilled to read your son loved his carnival ride :)
Thank you once again for your fantastic review.

We can't wait to welcome you again.

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - A very cosy corner between NZ and your heart!