“Great as always”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“Great as always”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Just stayed at the Crowne Plaza on the weekend and it was as good as last time. Location is spectacular and the service is superb. My tip is booking a room at the club lounge floor, but staying at any high floor is amazing.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank maurorisch
Dear maurorisch,

A MASSIVE THANK YOU for your 5 star review! I'm pleased to read you had another great stay with us. Yes, our Club rooms have some stunning views and also offer excellent value for money. Thank you for your kind words and recommending us!!

I look forward to welcome you again and again and again....

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - Because staying with us only once is not enough!
E-mail: johnson.joseph@ihg.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (347)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Crowne Plaza Auckland for a one night stopover. The location is brilliant with good access to restaurants, shopping centers and the ferry terminal. The property itself was clean and the staff were really good. The travel desk at the hotel gave us some pretty valuable advise as well. Overall, we loved our night at Auckland and enjoyed our stay at Crowne Plaza.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear in_oz_traveller,

A HUGE THANK YOU for your fantastic 4 star review! I'm delighted to read you had a great stay with us and found our location perfect for your purpose of travel. Thank you for your kind words regarding our team friendliness and cleanliness of our hotel as a whole.
Yes, we have some superstars at concierge who has a wealth of knowledge when it comes to recommendations to explore Auckland. Feel free to contact to let me know what we could do to move you to a 5 Star review.

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - Your exploration base!!
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I stayed here for 4 nights on a break from my Australian holiday. I was rather confused with the entry to the hotel ( in the middle of a shopping Mall ) The price i paid for my 4 nights was rather expensive to say the least, & no breakfast included. The hotel is beautiful & the room was good, but not the quietest, i just expected a little more for what i paid.
I enjoyed my visit in NZ but i would stay in another hotel if i was to visit again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Dear Harry Z,

Thank you for your review. At the outset, Please accept my sincere apologies for all inconvenience caused during your stay. I'm disappointed to read that you did not find our hotel good value for money. I would really appreciate if you could contact me to discuss further. Alternatively, Please get in touch with me when you plan your next visit and we will make sure you will have a fantastic stay with us.

I look forward to hear from your.

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - We value your feedback!
Laguna Beach, California
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I am a Hilton guy. I booked three nights at the Hilton Auckland for a business trip ($343 per night). I was so deeply disappointed with the Hilton (see my other review) that I set out on foot to find somewhere else to stay for my final two nights

I walked into the Crowne Plaza with very low expectations - the lobby is bright and a little tacky. I met Benz at the front desk who not only took time to understand what I was looking for..(club lounge, quiet room) but he then took me to see a club room and visit the club lounge. I signed up immediately ($227 per night).

The rooms and the rest of the hotel are in need of refurbishment but everything is clean, neat and well managed. The staff are truly wonderful. They are very responsive and extremely friendly. It sounds crazy but it's only day two and they seem like family.

The club lounge is very small but there is always a table available. the quality of the food is excellent. The equipment in the gym is over 15 years old but the space is clean and organized.

I really couldn't be happier plus Ive saved a lot of money.

I encourage you to consider this hotel - I think it represents great value

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear LeavingOrangeCounty,

A HUGE THANK YOU for your 5 star review! I'm delighted to read you had a great stay with us. Thank you for your kind words regarding Benz - He is certainly one of our superstars! I love your comment " Team are very responsive and extremely friendly. It sounds crazy but it's only day two and they seem like family". We always strive to make a difference in your stay and make it home away from home!

I look forward to welcome you in the near future!

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - Not just any hotel!
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We have stayed at the Crowne Plaza many times, but this time would have been the best. The requests we made prior to arriving, ( including having chairs with arms in our disabled room) , were all carried out smoothly.The spacious room with a marvelous view was quiet and serviced well, daily,The meals with the grills , including 2 vegetable and sauce choices are a great improvement.
Because we are IHG/ Priority Privilege members we had free Wi-fi, which was also an excellent service.
We found all staff to be very empathetic and helpful especially those at the front desk ( Amy).
The central location of the hotel and such excellent service , made our holiday such a memorable, relaxing pleasurable experience.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
NZIHG, Manager at Crowne Plaza Auckland, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear 198Margaret,

A MASSIVE THANK YOU for your awesome 5 star review! I'm delighted to read you had another fantastic stay with us. I'm pleased to read all your requests were dealt with efficiently prior to your arrival. We had done a lot of work on our restaurant offering, In my role Operations Manager I get to interact with many of our guests daily and I have always got the feedback that most hotels worldwide has never managed to get it right -(Food quality & Price). My Head Chef and his team has done a fantastic job on the menu. I can confidently say that we have managed to provide both.

Thank you for your kind words regarding our team especially Amy, She is indeed one of our Superstars! I will be sharing your comments with the team. I am sure they will be delighted to be online celebrities!

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - We make it happen!
Adelaide
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Arrived at Crowne Plaza AUCKLAND at about 1.30 am on Easter Saturday, staff were helpful, booked us in with minimal fuss. Room was on a high floor and was pleasant / practical enough, 2 queen sized beds for me, the wife and 2 kids - from memory we paid about $170 a night via one of the many hotel booking dot com companies. Our room looked out over the main road towards Sky Tower, we were high enough that we didn't hear much traffic noise, the room was clean tidy and a working Tv for the boys to watch a bit of Sky before bed. We ordered from the room service menu, which was pretty good and came within 20 minutes. The hotel is situated about 3 minute walk from Sky Tower, the CBD is on its door step, supermarket about 2 minutes away, its location is good. Not to be overly picky but I wouldn't consider it to be actually in the thick of everything in the city, the shops, jetties and restaurant district at Viaduct Harbour are about a 10 - 15 minute walk away, I get the feeling its more of a corporate stay hotel rather than a tourist hotel but I like it for that.The bar staff were friendly, nice selection of 'quaffing' wines BTW.

Overall a pleasant stay and would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
NZIHG, Manager at Crowne Plaza Auckland, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear Boffybloke,

A HUGE THANK YOU for your fantastic 4 star review! I'm pleased to read you and your family had a great stay with us and enjoyed our clean spacious rooms. As you have mentioned viaduct is indeed 10min walk, However for all other cultural/ shopping/ entertainment activities our hotel is ideally located. Thank you for your kind words regarding our helpful and friendly team. I will be sharing your reviews with the team- Its a real motivator!

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - For Business or Leisure! we can do them both!!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Stayed at this hotel for one night at a Club Room. The room itself was very comfortable, modern, clean large, and seemed like it had been recently refurbished- everything was brand new. Bathroom, on the other hand, although also large, transported you back to the 1970’s. Club Lounge is adequate as well as the continental breakfast served in it. The employees at the front desk were very friendly and took their time to explain all the benefits, as well as options for the type of room you had booked. Room was not ready, as I arrived before check-in time, however, I was able to leave the luggage at the concierge and get on with my activities. Location is in the centre of the city, and could hardly be better.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
NZIHG, Manager at Crowne Plaza Auckland, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear CCS294229,

Thank you for your wonderful 4 star review! I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay and found the Hotel to be a good base for exploring the City. Our club rooms are one of our popular room types which has access to our club lounge which is worth every penny!
Thank you for your kind words regarding our team. I will be sharing your comments with the team who will be delighted to be online celebrities!

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - Discover us!