“Best stay”

Ranked #9 of 67 Hotels in Auckland Central
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

One of the best Crown Plaza. Excellent staff and the management takes a genuine care in customer comfort. I found the room clean and well fitted out, the staff were friendly, and the location is very perfect.The lounge and restaurant were clean and inviting, special hanks to Jhonson a true ambassador for this property. I'm sure I'll be back again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ar K
NZIHG, Manager at Crowne Plaza Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Ar K,

A MASSIVE THANK YOU for your fantastic 5 star review! Aren't you lucky?? Just kidding! I'm delighted to read you had a perfect stay with us. Thank you for your kind words regarding our team friendliness and for recommending us! It was my privilege to meet you as well.

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - Discover us!

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Auckland

Reviewed 5 June 2014

This was my second stay this year and couldn't ask for more. The moment i drove in to the entrance of the hotel till i paid my bill on checkout was memorable. The greatest asset of the hotel and what makes it stand apart from the other hotels in Auckland and in NZ wherever ive stayed is the friendly smiling and professional staff. I have never written any reviews but you guys have now got me to write reviews and will keep writing every-time i come across memorable service.

Where do i start. From the friendly and smiling door man who welcomed me to the hotel, assisted me with my car parking and with my luggage. The welcoming receptionist thanked me for being a member and explained the benefits i would receive. The Free internet was icing on the cake.Bags were already in my room before even i got my room key.The lovely cleaning maids on the floor smiled and greeted every-time i went passed them and the Breakfast staff who remembered my special egg order the very next day.

Staff manage to actually engage with guests rather than simply read from the script or offer the all-too-common manufactured smiles.

You guys are awesome. Keep up the good work !!!

Room Tip: Dont worry about the rooms..its the staff that makes you feel special...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank PM180

Dear PM180,

WOW! What a fantastic 5 star review!! THANK YOU!!! Your review mirrors to what we have been working towards and I am delighted to see we are in the right track. Thank you for your kind words our team will be thrilled to see we have worked together as a team to make your stay a memorable one!!

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - Where WOW is spelt nicely!

Reviewed 4 June 2014

For a Crown Plaza i guess we expect less. This is a lost "brand" in the IHG group. First the hotels are always a surprise in terms of quality. This hotel is really a holiday inn with a fancy name. Rooms are basic cheap renovation to stay in business till a real hotel opens. For your Platinum status at Crown Plaza, WOW free internet is about it. I would tell you pick another hotel in Auckland but your limited in choice.

Room Tip: stay at another hotel this hotel is BASIC
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ughpain

Dear ughpain,

Thank you for providing a review of our hotel. I am disappointed to read that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please accept my sincere apologies. I would really appreciate if you could get in touch with me to discuss further.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

this hotel is a mixed bag, the location is very central and within walking distance of all CBD attractions. However on arrival it is not quite clear where the reception is as the hotel is part of a shopping centre. there is no concierge to greet you and no help with luggage is offered. check in efficient, the rooms are of good size, clean with a good firm bed. one of the perceived problems is the parking arrangement. you have to park your car in a public car park and go the reception everytime you want to take the car out to validate your parking ticket. this means queuing up with all guests arriving and leaving whichnis very annoying and time consuming. In conclusion good for tourist, no good for business

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank sportsmed t

Dear sportsmed t,

Oooops! Looks like we completely dropped the ball on this occasion. Please accept my sincere apologies for all the inconvenience caused during your stay. So all in all, it looks like we could do with a fresh start. Will you give us the chance? We'd love to show you we do make a difference, the positive way!
Kindly get in touch with me when you plan your next visit and I am confident you will give us a 5 star review!!

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

The Crown Plaza hotel is centrally located in Auckland and is a short walking distance to the main shopping street (Queen street) and waterfront area for cafe's and retail shopping. The rooms are large and well appointed with tea and coffee making facilities and there is a gym and club lounge available for members. Free wifi is available to members of the hotels loyalty program.
Meals are good value and above average quality for hotel room service. There are many nearby restaurants and bars and it is a short walk to the Sky Tower casino and top Auckland eating such as Masu and The Depot.
The staff are friendly and helpful and happy to advise on things to do and places to eat.

Room Tip: Most rooms offer good views. Albert street (front) rooms are a little noisier.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Michele C,

THANK YOU for your great four star review! I'm delighted to read you had a great stay with us and found our location perfect for your purpose of travel. Yes, we are surrounded by some good dining place however if you have dined in our ARIA restaurant, you would not want to go anywhere! Thank you for highlighting our gym, club lounge and our large well appointed room, I'm pleased to see you have used our facilities. We want our guests to make the best use of their stay with us. Currently, we offer complimentary internet for all our IHG Rewards Club members. Our team at the reception will be thrilled to enrol you to our BIG IHG family.
Thank you for your kind words regarding our team's friendliness and helpfulness - Its a real motivator!!

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - Where it's all very Real!

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Loved this place, the staff were excellent , they went out of there way to help.
Comfortable rooms, very modern. Excellent location for walking everywhere in town. The restaurant was top notch, with delicious food.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank misfortune2014

Dear misfortune2014,

WOW!! A MASSIVE THANK YOU for your fantastic 5 star review! Your review mirrors what we have been working on as we want our guest not to just like, but to Love us!! Thank you for your kind words regarding our team and our restaurant food. I will be sharing your comments with the team who will be thrilled to see we have made you love us!!

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - The best kept secret in the centre of Auckland!!

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Good central location for the city of Auckland. Walking distance to waterfront.
Hotel room was comfortable and spacious.
Book the breakfast for your stay at check in to get a discount.
Free wifi is available to members of the hotels loyalty program. Free to join either before arrival or at check in.
Can't comment on dinner, as too many choices outside the hotel, but breakfast was buffet style.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Nigel H,

A MASSIVE THANK YOU for your 4 star review! I'm delighted to read you had a good stay with us in our spacious, comfortable room. Yes, we do have great Food & Beverage offers for our guests as we love to keep you with us so that we have every opportunity to make your stay comfortable and successful.
Thank you for mentioning regarding our IHG Rewards Club - We just don't stop with complimentary WiFi, Look out for special offers for our IHG Rewards Club members!!

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - Become member of IHG Rewards Club: extra checkout time @ every stay!