“Best Customer Service from ALL Staff!!”

Crowne Plaza Auckland
Ranked #10 of 67 Hotels in Auckland
GreenLeadersBronze level
Timaru, New Zealand
“Best Customer Service from ALL Staff!!”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I visited here for a work conference in June 2014. We stayed for 2 nights and had 2 x breakfast, 3 lunches & one tea here. Was absolutely blown away by the brilliant service from all the staff here, as were all my colleagues. Facilities were all clean. Room was quiet & bed was comfortable.
Will be back for pleasure next time!

1 Thank hidez_12
NZIHG, Manager at Crowne Plaza Auckland, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear hidez_12,

A MASSIVE THANK YOU for your awesome 5 star review! I'm delighted to read you had a great stay with us during your conference ( hmmm.. I know which one) in our clean comfortable room and you loved our food & beverage offering. The team will be thrilled to read you comment " Was absolutely blown away by the brilliant service from all the staff here, as were all my colleagues" THANK YOU!! Please let me know when you plan your next visit.

We can't wait to welcome you back on your pleasure trip.

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - Walk in as a guest – walk out as our fan!
E-mail: johnson.joseph@ihg.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (340)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 18 June 2014

My husband and I spent a night here as part of our wedding anniversary celebrations.
The room was clean, modern and well maintained. The view was great out the window and we found it to be very quiet. We had a drink in the bar downstairs after a dinner out and found it to be a cosy atmosphere with friendly staff. The front desk staff were also very friendly and to get a hotel in Auckland under $200/night at this standard was rare. Parking overnight was only $10 which is really well priced compared to other hotels. Great central location also. Would definitely recommend and would certainly go back.

Room Tip: Room at end of corridor is the quietest.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TandaP
Dear TandaP,

A HUGE THANK YOU for your 4 star review! Wishing you a belated Wedding Anniversary, How did we miss that!! I'm peased to read you had a great stay with us in our clean, well maintained room. I'm delighted to see you loved your room and the atmosphere in our Aria Bar. Yes, we are very well priced compared to rest. Thank you for your kind words regarding our team and also for recommending us!

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - For business or leisure!! we can do them both!!
Dunedin, New Zealand
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Great hotel for business travel in Auckland.
The hotel is located near Queen Street.
They hotel has a great bar, the 2 nights we ate at the resturant they service was let down by slowness of services, however breakfast buffet was excellent and the coffee was good.
The room was above average with view of the neightbouring hotel, but it was clean and tidy.
The staff are friendly and very helpful, wifi wasn't free which was a surprise however I was member of the hotel club and received it free...
Great hotel in central Auckland

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Otagopete
Dear Otagopete,

THANK YOU for your 4 star review! I'm pleased to read you had a good stay with us in our clean and tidy room. I'm delighted to read you loved our breakfast however, I am disappointed to see that the dinner service was slow- my sincere apologies!! Thank you for your kind words regarding our team's friendliness and helpfulness. I will make sure all the team see your review - it is a real motivator.

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - Become member of IHG Rewards Club: complimentary internet @ every stay!
Steyning
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I spent 5 days on business in Auckland on my first visit to NZ. The team were all very welcoming - in fact everyone was! The hotel bars and restaurants are cozy, efficient and service good. The location of the hotel is in the centre of the CBD so easy for businesses in that area. Auckland is a relatively small City but fairly spread out so do check where your commitments are if on business. There are good buses from the airport at regular intervals if budget is important. Taxis cost NZD 80-95 according to time of day and how you pay.

My room was upgraded to the Club Floor (28) and nearest to the lifts. It adjoined the Club Lounge restroom and utility. This was for me a minor problem because obviously prep takes place early for the lounge breakfast. With jet lag and disturbed sleep, this woke me up. However, this was a relatively minor issue relative to an otherwise very pleasant stay.

I'd stayed at the CP Hong Kong the previous week and I would honestly say that the decor needs a bit of attention but as other contributors have noted, this is more than compensated for by the great staff and welcome.

Room Tip: See my comments above
1 Thank Andrew M
Dear Andrew M,

A MASSIVE THANK YOU for your fantastic 4 star review. I'm delighted to read you had a great stay with us in our club room and found our location perfect for your purpose of travel. Please accept my sincere apologies for being woken up, this should not happen! Thank you for your kind words regarding our team friendliness and helpfulness - Its a real motivator!!

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - Where it's all very Real!
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Its amazing how far customer service goes to your satisfaction of a hotel stay. Crowne Plaza Auckland is brilliant and should be really proud! Sure, the rooms are what you'd expect from a Crowne Plaza - but the people in this hotel are what sets it apart! I arrived past midnight to check in and was greated by Jean, who was brilliantly friendly and ensured i was on my way to my room as quick as possible, the bed by the way was incredibly comfortable!!

The turn down service is a nice little touch and Kay who popped into the room was friendly and professional. I'm lucky enough to be staying in a club room and went upstairs to the Crown Club Lounge tonight and it was amazing! (Incredible range of food and drinks with a stunning glass view of Auckland)

Kind staff who really care has made my otherwise usual work stay that much better.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the Queen St side for some great city views.
1 Thank OzNicko
Dear OzNicko,

A HUGE THANK YOU for your fantastic 5 star review! WOW!! I'm thrilled to read you had a great stay with us. Thank you for your kind words regarding our team especially Jean & Kay they are one of our superstars! I'm pleased to read you loved our club rooms with all the extra facilities and benefits which come with it. Yes, I truly believe its the people who makes the difference and I'm proud to be a part of this awesome team who are passionate about customer service who would do anything to put a smile on your face.
I will be sharing your review with the team who will be delighted to see they are online celebrities!

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - Home away from home!
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Perfect place to stay with world class service.
The Concierge was amazing and had great knowledge of the place. The Front desk were very friendly and one of the most helpful staff i have ever come across.
They made our stay awesome.
Rooms were nice and clean. Crowe Plaza has amazing ambience.
Thank you to the wonderful staff and we will see you again!!!!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank 4RAY2SEAN
NZIHG, Manager at Crowne Plaza Auckland, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear 4RAY2SEAN,

A HUGE THANK YOU for your fantastic 5 star review! I'm delighted to read you had a great stay with us in our nice clean room and you have a perfect arrival experience! Thank you for your kind words regarding our teams friendliness. They are our pillars who strive to be better each day!! I will make sure all the team mention see your review - it is a real motivator.

Thank you for recommending us!

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - Where else?
Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Crown plaza is right in the heart of the city and we had a great experience. Front office staff was courteous and was truly caring. They understood our requirements especially when we had our 1 year old baby with us. Decent clean room. Would definitely consider this hotel again whenever we are visiting Auckland.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Biju O
NZIHG, Manager at Crowne Plaza Auckland, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear b7277,

A HUGE THANK YOU for your 5 star review! I'm delighted to read you had a great stay with your 1 year old baby and we were able to ensure we did everything to make your stay comfortable and relaxing. Thank you for your kind words regarding our reception team, They will be thrilled to see they are online celebrities!
Thank you for recommending us!

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - For couples, families and friends!