“Excellent service and comfortable stay”

Crowne Plaza Auckland
Ranked #10 of 67 Hotels in Auckland
GreenLeadersBronze level
Auckland, New Zealand
“Excellent service and comfortable stay”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My wife and I stayed in room 1811 over the weekend of Friday 27 June - Sunday 29 June. The room had two comfortable queen size beds with a good bathroom and furniture. The view was back towards the neighbouring commercial building, but didn't bother us. Staff were very helpful in regards to checking in, checking out, bag storage, etc. The hotel is well located to the core of Auckland Central with plenty of amenities nearby, but a little walk away from The Viaduct. There are plenty of good restaurants around SkyCity to enjoy if you don't want to walk far.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Elliot D,

A MASSIVE THANK YOU for your fantastic 5 star review! I'm thrilled to read you had a great stay with us and found the our hotel to be a good base for exploring the City. Thank you for your kind words regarding our team's helpfulness especially our concierge team. I will be sharing your review with the team who will be delighted to see they are all online superstars!

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - Excellent service! Comfortable stay!!
E-mail: johnson.joseph@ihg.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (347)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Warkworth, Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza with our two toddlers and I was so impressed with the kind service and friendly manner we received from staff. Especially towards our children. I would like to mention Winston who served us at breakfast, he went the extra mile to put a smile on our children's faces. We where on the 26th floor and had a good view. The glass lifts where a highlight for the kids.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Sarah T,

A MASSIVE THANK YOU for your fantastic 5 star review! I'm thrilled to read you and your family had a great stay with us. I'm delighted to read our team especially Winston was able to put a smile on your children's face during breakfast. Guest service is our number 1 priority so it is always a delight to read that we have got it right. I will make sure all the team see your kind words - it is a real motivator.

Crowne Plaza Auckland - Magically appear to create great memories
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 28 June 2014

It was a pleasure the stay in this hotel, very clean and staff is excellant. Food at Breakfast is good. It is within walking distance of the Marina Area where you can take harbor or island cruises. The Space Needle is only three blocks away. Although taxis are high you can walk accross from baggage claim and take a shuttle bus to the front door of the hotel. On your return trip to the airport the shuttle will pick you up at the hotel. You save over 50% on the cost verses a taxi. There are restaurants and shopping with in a few blocks, but food in the hotel is good.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms have city and some harbor views.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear gchurch259,

A HUGE THANK YOU for your 5 star review! I'm delighted to read you had a great stay with us in our clean, comfortable hotel and found our location perfect for your purpose of travel. I'm pleased to see you loved our breakfast offering. I cannot agree with you you more,the airport shuttle is a better option to taxi. Thank you for your kind words regarding our team - its a real motivator!

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - Your exploration base!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

This is my first visit to New Zealand and I must admit, my stay at the Crowne Plaza Auckland made my visit a truly memorable one.
I am used to staying in Crowne Plazas in Europe and that is the reason I booked this Hotel. Familiarity I think!
You did not let me down.
From check in to leaving, the entire team made me feel welcome and at home, the team at Reception were great and very welcoming.
Well done to the rooms team for maintaining a very clean room.
I was able to experience all meals in the Hotel on different days and they too did not disappoint. They were really great, well done Chef and the team.
Being an Engineer myself, I know that the maintenance team have a really important role to play in the operation and are probably the unsung heroes.
Well done team, everything in the room worked!
All in all, the ambience of any hotel is created not only by the decor but by an all inclusive team both seen and unseen.
Crowne Plaza Auckland! You have a brilliant one!!!
Hopefully, I will return and stay a lot longer with you the next time.
Keep it up

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank William C
Dear William C,

A MASSIVE THANK YOU for your fantastic 5 star review! I'm delighted to read you had truly memorable stay from the time you checked in to check out. Thank you for your kind words regarding our team especially our engineering team. Yes they are our unsung heros! Guest service is our number 1 priority so it is always a delight to read that we have got it right. I will make sure all the team see your review - it is a real motivator.

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - Where WOW is spelt nicely!
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Had been here with friends last October and view from room was awesome. Last evening Concierge was awesome with luggage, Assistant Manager at check in not so good. Gave him my IHG reward card but never mentioned anything about what we could receive. Went to room 1716 and disappointment. Looking at solid wall about 3 meters away. This morning received paper and went to desk to ask about Internet and the nice lady there gave me a sheet of paper on what I could expect from my Rewards Card. I know the room was booked through a conference team but consideration should be given to partners. Very disappointing.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Karen L
Dear Karen L,

Thank you for your review! Please accept my sincere apologies for all the inconvenience casued during your stay especially during check in . As you had mentioned your booking was through conference team, I am certain that the organiser of the event would have briefed us on what we could offer your group as this was an official event. Please get in touch with me when you plan your next visit, I'm positive you will have a similar if not better experience you had last October.

Crowne Plaza Auckland
Bergen, Norway
Reviewed 22 June 2014

My wife and I stayed at the hotel for two nights in April 2014 when we were touring Australia and New Zealand in a Scandinavian group.
It is a big hotel with many floors, and my wife panicked a bit when she learned the floor for our room as she is not fond of elevators. Luckily enough we learned which elevators had glasswalls, and that solved the problem.
The rooms are spacious and well equipped and well maintained. The service in the front desk was superb, and so was also the breakfast. We did not dine at the hotel, but some of our friends did, and they were very satisfied.
The hotel is ideally located in the city centre both for walking around and for shopping

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
NZIHG, Manager at Crowne Plaza Auckland, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear KnutPG,

A MASSIVE THANK YOU for your 5 star review! I'm pleased to read you enjoyed your stay in our spacious, well equipped room and found our location perfect for your purpose of travel. Your wife is very brave, I find people more worried on glass elevators :) Thank you for highlighting the superb service provided by our front desk team and also our elaborate breakfast buffet. . I will make sure all the team see your kind words - it is a real motivator.

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - Your exploration base!
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Walked in to this hotel as my agent had messed up my bookings.Didnt realise it's a crowne plaza until I walked in to the hotel.Seriously I mean one side of the logo is covered by trees an the other side which is clearly visible is broken.asked the staff who said there was a storm 2 weeks ago? I mean 2 weeks to fix a sign you guys might have other priorities but this is what a consumer looks for.
Top notch friendly staff right from the driveway until I checkout was made feel special and
My stay a success. Good they know what brand they work for and show pride in the same. Will definitely be back hopefully de management realises the importance of brand image by then

• Stayed June 2014
Dear David P,

Thank you for your 5 star review! I'm delighted to read you had a great stay with us and found our team top notch from check-in to check out. I am thrilled to read your stay was a success! Please accept my sincere apologies regarding the signage of our hotel, Rest assured this will be fixed soon. I will be sharing your review with the team as your review highlights the fact that it is the team that drives the brand. THANK YOU!

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - "Staff" over "Stuff"