Hilton Auckland
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
M Social Auckland(Auckland Central)
  • Free Internet
  • Restaurant
Grand Mercure Auckland(Auckland Central)
  • Room Service
Stamford Plaza Auckland(Auckland Central)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Grand Windsor(Auckland Central)
  • Free Internet
  • Fitness centre
Hotel DeBrett(Auckland Central)
  • Breakfast included
Shakespeare Tavern & Hotel(Auckland Central)
2,543 results
All reviewscruise shipfish restaurantbellini barbow suitediamond memberharbor view roomnew zealandferry terminalmaritime museumwaiheke islandcorner roomrestaurants and barsfantastic locationbuffet breakfastlong flightvalet parkingsky tower
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Got a great deal on a Wotif Secret Hotel for a birthday stay for my husband.Very handy for walking to viaduct restaurants.Room spacious and has a great bathroom with good amenities and plenty of room.BUT (and this is the second time I have found this here)-you can hear people entering and leaving their rooms along the hallways-even if they are not being particulaly noisy.Reception and parking service all ok.Bar had a nice ambience on a Saturday night and great harbour views.Nothing very special though, and definitely wouldn't pay full price for this place.

Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
CPHIAKL, General Manager at Hilton Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2011

Dear Callinghomekids,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the hotel on Tripadvisor. Your feedback is valuable for me to understand where we do well and where we can improve.

I was pleased to see that in general your stay met your expectations and I hope you were able to enjoy a relaxing birthday. It was great to see that you foud our location convenient for all that the Viaduct area has to offer. I am sorry that you were disturbed by the noise of other guests in the corridor outside your room and apologise for any inconvenience.

Thank you for staying at Hilton Auckland and I hope that we may see you back with us in the future.

Reviewed 27 July 2011

Stayed at the Hilton Auckland for 2 nights. The location is great, at the harbour, and I had a room at the top floor with a balcony with a nice view on the harbour (unfortunately it was raining all the time during my stay). Otherwise the hotel is just a regular (i.e. good) Hilton: good breakfast, spacious rooms, a (small) gym, good service etc.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
CPHIAKL, General Manager at Hilton Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on tripadvisor following your recent stay at the hotel. Your feedback is most appreciated as it lets me understand where we are doing well and where we can improve.

I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time at the hotel and despite it raining were able to admire the view over the harbour. It was was also great to see that your experience in general met your expectations.

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Auckland and perhaps we will see you back on future travels.

Reviewed 23 July 2011

I doa fair bit of work in Auckland and the Hilton is becoming my home away from home. It's a short walk from the CBD and has a great atmosphere.

If you like to exercise on your travels, the gym is good, the pool nice and it's an easy jog right at the door.

The staff are friendly and professional and go out of their way to help you, no matter what time you are frantically prepping for the next day's meeting.

The room service menu is broad, the have a healthy option and are more then happy to bring you something simple if that's all you want.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank marrickvillain

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on tripadvisor following your recent stay. Your feedback is valuable for me to understand where we do well and where we can improve.

I was very pleased to see that you enjoy staying at the hotel and that you find the lap pool, gym and our location to your satisfaction. I am also delighted that you have found the team to be helpful and friendly and I have shared your feedback with them.

Thank you for staying at Hilton Auckland and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 19 July 2011

Moved out of another Auckland hotel to this real 5 star hotel. Great great location near all my business apointment areas, great selection of restaurants in the hotel and within 200 m from the Hotel. The usuall Hilton Decor and graet water front views. Really goodAuckland buisness hotel

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business

Dear valas88,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor following your stay at the hotel recently.

I was pleased to see that you appreciated the central location of the hotel and that it was convenient for your business appointments. Being located on Auckland's waterfront does also mean that we have some great views over the harbour, it was great to see that you were able to find time to enjoy the view as much as we do.

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Auckland and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Your sincerely,

Reviewed 19 July 2011

We stayed at the Hilton, Auckland for two nights.
In my eyes the hotel cannot possibly be a five star hotel. I would say three to four stars.
We had booked a deluxe room overlooking the harbor.
The room was ok, but nothing flashy about it. However, the bed was really good.
In the middle of the room there eas a column that made ​​it impossible to watch television from the couch. You had the column right in the middle of everything.

Breakfast was good. However, service was far from what expected. We were seated at a table but then forgotten for ten minutes. When we finalle saw the waiter again to order coffee there was no information that NOT everything in the buffet was included in the price of 28 NZD. There was a price list on the table, but it said:
HOT / Cooked BREAKFAST
Selection from the continental breakfast buffet, plus one choice from the
A la carte menu NZD 38
We chose not something a la carte and yet we were asked to pay 38 because we had eaten something hot from the buffet.

The worst part of the stay was leaving though. We had booked a shuttle to take us to the airport and ordered a wake up half an hour before departure. We booked this at the concierge the day before. However, we were never woken up but woke up by our selves a few minutes before departure. No time for a shower that morning nor a relaxed packing.

Hilton Auckland is clearly below the standard for other hotels in this price category.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank argeme1972
CPHIAKL, General Manager at Hilton Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2011

Dear Argeme1972,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor.

I was sorry to learn that you were disappointed with your recent stay at the hotel and would apologise for the shortcomings experienced. I am sorry for the inconvenience related to the structural column in your room and the TV location. There are a small number of rooms at the hotel with this feature owing to the unique design of the building and we will certainly look to address the room design to address the issue raised when we next refurbish.

I am sorry that the breakfast team did not explain the breakfast choices available so that you could make your decision accordingly. I have addressed this matter and that of the missed wakeup call with those responsible. I do apologise for the inconvenience caused.

We always endeavour to offer the highest level of service and it would appear that on this occasion that we failed to meet your expectations. Your comments have been most valuable in helping us in our search for continuous improvement.

I do hope that despite your disappointment on this occasion, we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel at some point in the future.