Stayed for a long weekend in August 2011.
Booked on the Hilton website and got a great advance purchase rate including breakfast.
Arrived from Sydney in the late morning and caught a cab to the hotel. I'd forgotten just how expensive cabs are in Auckland and the ride cost $90NZD. Ouch. You can easily get a bus or a shuttle from the airport into the CBD and save loads.
Pretty sweet location down on the viaduct close to loads of bars and restaurants and only a few minutes walk to Queen Street and Britomart. Check in was fast and easy and was in my 5th floor Deluxe Harbour view room very quickly. The room is a decent size with huge bed, desk, TV and mini bar. The bathroom is also big with a massive bath and separate shower.
I found the room surprisingly quiet, and thankfully there were no cruise ships visiting during my stay (read all the other reviews about the cruise ship situation). Loved the big bed which was super comfortable. There's also the standard hilton pillow menu if you're fussy.
Breakfast in the 1st floor restaurant was okay. Having stayed at a few other Hilton hotels I was just a little disappointed with the quality - watery scrambled eggs, cheap apple juice and overcooked bacon.
With my silver HHonors status I received free room turn-down service each night including mineral water which was a nice touch.
Checked out using the express form and by the time I got the airport I'd already been emailed a copy of the invoice and credit card charge.
This was my first stay at the Hilton Auckland as the rates are usually excessively high. I'd stay again if the price was right.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Auckland sits on the iconic Princes Wharf 300 meters out into the Waitemata Harbour. Enjoy views over the city or past the harbour to the Hauraki Gulf. Take a trip from the nearby Ferry terminal or enjoy the fun at the nearby Viaduct or Britomart precincts. Whether for business or leisure, Hilton Auckland is ideally located on the vibrant Auckland waterfront. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Agoda, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Auckland Hotel Auckland Central
- Auckland Hilton
- Hilton Auckland New Zealand