Just returned from New Zealand. Unaware when I booked this trip , the Rugby World Championships were starting up at the time of my arrival, so the city was alive with activities. I found Auckland, in general, to be more "British" than Australia. The Hilton is located out at the end of Princes Wharf near the city center. It's in a spectacular setting, but a bit of a slow-paced walk (5-10 minutes) to the nearest bars and restaurants. The property itself is in excellent condition and the staff were outstanding in every respect. Dining at the only restaurant on site was unremarkable and expensive. The bar scene was somewhat better. The archetecture and furnishings were industrialesque, lending a somewhat cold and indifferent feel. However, overall I enjoyed my stay and thoroughly relished the welcoming, freindly Kiwis.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Auckland sits on the iconic Princes Wharf 300 meters out into the Waitemata Harbour. Enjoy views over the city or past the harbour to the Hauraki Gulf. Take a trip from the nearby Ferry terminal or enjoy the fun at the nearby Viaduct or Britomart precincts. Whether for business or leisure, Hilton Auckland is ideally located on the vibrant Auckland waterfront. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hilton EMEA, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Hilton Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Auckland Hotel Auckland Central
- Auckland Hilton
- Hilton Auckland New Zealand