“Fantastic!”

Ranked #7 of 66 Hotels in Auckland
Sydney
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed 17 October 2011

I was very lucky to get to stay here on business earlier in the year (2011). I was booked into a room next to the lift so I asked to move and the room they gave me was simply beautiful -one from the end of the wharf with views of the harbour. I had great weather during my stay and it was glorious watching the yachts. The bathroom is also lovely with a great bath! Position is good- close to restaurants and ferry to Waiheke Island but removed from the shops and dinginess of downtown Auckland. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a harbour view as some rooms face inwards
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
CPHIAKL, General Manager at Hilton Auckland, responded to this review, 27 October 2011
Dear Rinnia,

I appreciate you finding time to post a review of Hilton Auckland on Tripadvisor and thank you for the great feedback.

It was lovely to see that you enjoyed the hotel and the views over the harbour. Thanks for staying with us and I look forward to seeing you back if your travels bring you back to Auckland.

Best regards,

Chris Partridge

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (492)
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
Reviewed 15 October 2011

Can't say enough about what a perfect property, location and staff experience for our first visit to New Zealand! This Hilton went above and beyond our expectations.

The rooms are large, comfortable and full of all first-class amenities and luxury linens. The location is superb and our views and balcony were simply wonderful.

Everyone we encountered was exceptionally friendly and full of loads of advice and helpful tips. The entire staff seemed very happy to be working there and that mood was passed on to their guests. While in the lobby level bar, not only did they make each of us the perfect martini, they printed maps for our drive the next day and highlighted some "must see" spots.

This Hilton was a superior experience on all fronts!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cindy B
Dear barthic,

I was delighted to read your review of the Hilton Auckland on Tripadvisor. I appreciate your feedback as it gives me an insight into how we have performed.

Thank you for your detailed and positive review of the hotel, I am glad that you enjoyed a good martini in the Bellini Bar and that the hotel team met your expectations.

I look forward to welcoming you back on future travels to Auckland.

Monaco
Reviewed 10 October 2011

Exactly what you'd expect from a Hilton. Excellent location near restaurants. Very helpful staff.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
CPHIAKL, General Manager at Hilton Auckland, responded to this review, 12 October 2011
Dear acunningham,

Thank you for taking time to post your review of the hotel on Tripadvisor. I appreciate your feedback as it lets me know how we have performed during your stay.

I was delighted to see that we have met your expectations and that you found the hotel location convenient for your visit to Auckland.

I look forward to welcoming you back if your future travels bring you to Auckland again.

reiveratsea
Reviewed 4 October 2011

A room with a view here is certainly something and we had a great view out over the harbour. Although in the centre of this large city the holtel is very quiet being situated on the end of the wharf. Staff are very attentive and helpful and a special note for those on the door who could not be more welcoming!
You can not get away from the fact that is is a large hotel chain. But the setting and quality of staff give it that special feel.

• Stayed October 2011
Dear Reiveratsea,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of the hotel on Tripadvisor. I appreciate your feedback as it lets me know where we do well and where we can spend some time improving.

Thank you for your recommendation of the hotel. I was very pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay. The hotel concierge team will be delighted that they left you with such a positive impression of the hotel.

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Auckland and I hope we see you back on future travels.

Buenos Aires
Reviewed 3 October 2011

My wife and I stayed in the hotel during the Rugby World Cup.

The hotel is situated in the harbour or viaduct, as it's called.

The room were good and breakfast satisfactory. It got noisy at night, as it was in the middle of the Fan Zone. But, I guess if one goes to the RWC you want some atmosphere, right.

• Stayed September 2011
CPHIAKL, General Manager at Hilton Auckland, responded to this review, 7 October 2011
Dear johan_roets,

Thank you for staying at Hilton Auckland and for posting your review of the hotel on Tripadvisor. I appreciate your feedback as it lets me know how we have performed.

I am pleased to see your stay met your expectation and you enjoyed our location on the Wharf. I hope you enjoyed your time in Auckland during the Rugby.

I hope we may have an opportunity to welcome you back on future travels.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 1 October 2011

Great hotel in a great location. For a 5 day break this was far enough away from the crowds that it was quite but still close walk to many restaurants and the city. Breakfasts overlooking the harbour wery very relaxing and food was great. Dinner was also good. Bar on the ground floor was good.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear MandyandTim,

Thank you for staying with us and posting your review of the hotel on Tripadvisor. I appreciate your feedback on your stay.

I was very happy to see that you enjoyed the location, breakfast at FISH and Bellini, the hotel's bar. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back on a future visit to Auckland.

Sydney
Reviewed 29 September 2011

After spending 4 days in this wonderful relaxing hotel, just had to comment on the new FISH restaurant. The food was 5 star and we just kept going back for more each night. Excellent Champagne and wind by the glass. Thank you to you all.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
CPHIAKL, General Manager at Hilton Auckland, responded to this review, 5 October 2011
Dear ShellSydney,

Thank you for staying at Hilton Auckland recently and for your review on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to read that you found your stay relaxing and very happy to see that you enjoyed our new restaurant FISH. We are very excited about FISH and our association with New Zealand Masterchef Judge Simon Gault so I am naturally pleased to see that you decided to visit the restaurant on several occasions during your stay.

I very much appreciate your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on future travels.