“Great staff, really good stay.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Auckland

Hilton Auckland
Ranked #6 of 68 Hotels in Auckland
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
“Great staff, really good stay.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2011

This is a hotel that is well located next to the wharf, opposite the ferry terminal where the liners come in and the ferries sail to the islands. The rooms facing the sea are great, I saw two cruise ships dock next to the hotel and when then dock next to the hotel you can quite literally sea into the cabins and vice versa )) it was a great experience just seeing these big beasts dock. The bar on the ground level is quite classy. I must say that the hotel staff is just fantastic! Without exception each and every one of the hotel staff said hello to me and acknowledged me as I came through the doors, just great )) the only potential negative for this hotel was the fact that the wardrope would not take a large or for that sake a medium suitcase absolutly a minor fault and quite frankly not one that would stop me stopping there again. Enjoy this hotel ))

Room Tip: Get a room facing the sea and watch the ships dock it's great fun ))
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CPHIAKL, General Manager at Hilton Auckland, responded to this review, 27 October 2011
Dear Starjohnday,

I was delighted to read your review of the Hilton Auckland on Tripadvisor, thank you for taking time to share your impression of the hotel.

I was pleased to see that you enjoyed the hotel's location and that you found our team friendly and helpful. Our location on the wharf is quite unique and certainly when a cruise ship arrives in port, like you I find this rather exciting.

Thank you for choosing to stay at the hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back when next in Auckland.

Chris Partridge

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (483)
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Washington, DC area
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2011

We stayed on the executive level of this hotel a few years back. The breakfasts were excellent! The hotel is well located on the waterfront and has a nautical style with the feeling of being on a large ship. We found New Zealanders to be among the friendliest people we have met. Service was great and so was the bed/sleep quality.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear tnc2u,

Thank you for taking time to post your review of the Hilton Auckland on tripadvisor. I very much appreciate your feedback and was pleased to see that you left the hotel with a positive impression.

We look forward to seeing you again should your travels bring you back to Auckland.

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2011

We stayed here on our Honeymoon. When we checked in we were each given a glass of champagne, and when we got to the room there was a bottle of bubbly and a box of chocolates: none of this appeared on our bill. We were thoroughly impressed! Thank You, Auckland Hilton! Great location, too.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear MisterMissusO,

Congratulations on your recent marriage! I was delighted to read your review of Hilton Auckland on Tripadvisor.

Thank you for choosing to stay at the hotel during your honeymoon. I am pleased that we were able to add a little magic to your stay.

Perhaps we will see you back with us for a future anniversary!

Best regards,

Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2011

I was very lucky to get to stay here on business earlier in the year (2011). I was booked into a room next to the lift so I asked to move and the room they gave me was simply beautiful -one from the end of the wharf with views of the harbour. I had great weather during my stay and it was glorious watching the yachts. The bathroom is also lovely with a great bath! Position is good- close to restaurants and ferry to Waiheke Island but removed from the shops and dinginess of downtown Auckland. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a harbour view as some rooms face inwards
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
Dear Rinnia,

I appreciate you finding time to post a review of Hilton Auckland on Tripadvisor and thank you for the great feedback.

It was lovely to see that you enjoyed the hotel and the views over the harbour. Thanks for staying with us and I look forward to seeing you back if your travels bring you back to Auckland.

Best regards,

Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2011

Can't say enough about what a perfect property, location and staff experience for our first visit to New Zealand! This Hilton went above and beyond our expectations.

The rooms are large, comfortable and full of all first-class amenities and luxury linens. The location is superb and our views and balcony were simply wonderful.

Everyone we encountered was exceptionally friendly and full of loads of advice and helpful tips. The entire staff seemed very happy to be working there and that mood was passed on to their guests. While in the lobby level bar, not only did they make each of us the perfect martini, they printed maps for our drive the next day and highlighted some "must see" spots.

This Hilton was a superior experience on all fronts!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cindy B
Dear barthic,

I was delighted to read your review of the Hilton Auckland on Tripadvisor. I appreciate your feedback as it gives me an insight into how we have performed.

Thank you for your detailed and positive review of the hotel, I am glad that you enjoyed a good martini in the Bellini Bar and that the hotel team met your expectations.

I look forward to welcoming you back on future travels to Auckland.

Monaco
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2011

Exactly what you'd expect from a Hilton. Excellent location near restaurants. Very helpful staff.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CPHIAKL, General Manager at Hilton Auckland, responded to this review, 12 October 2011
Dear acunningham,

Thank you for taking time to post your review of the hotel on Tripadvisor. I appreciate your feedback as it lets me know how we have performed during your stay.

I was delighted to see that we have met your expectations and that you found the hotel location convenient for your visit to Auckland.

I look forward to welcoming you back if your future travels bring you to Auckland again.

reiveratsea
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2011

A room with a view here is certainly something and we had a great view out over the harbour. Although in the centre of this large city the holtel is very quiet being situated on the end of the wharf. Staff are very attentive and helpful and a special note for those on the door who could not be more welcoming!
You can not get away from the fact that is is a large hotel chain. But the setting and quality of staff give it that special feel.

• Stayed October 2011
Dear Reiveratsea,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of the hotel on Tripadvisor. I appreciate your feedback as it lets me know where we do well and where we can spend some time improving.

Thank you for your recommendation of the hotel. I was very pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay. The hotel concierge team will be delighted that they left you with such a positive impression of the hotel.

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Auckland and I hope we see you back on future travels.