“Convenient Location”

Ranked #7 of 67 Hotels in Auckland
Los Angeles, California
“Convenient Location”
Reviewed 19 January 2012

We took a 7day vacation after Australia...the location is great... convenient to everything..eating, shopping, tours etc. The property is elegant and the staff wonderful and willing to help. Our views were great except when the cruise ships came in! Luckily we had only 2 on our 7day trip.The Bellini bar is very relaxing after our daily tours etc. The staff at the bar were very friendly and willing to give us helpful local tips when asked. The Fish restaurant however needs a bit or variety...like some pasta etc. We would have eaten in most nights after our tours but had to go outside at times due to this! The breakfast buffet and staff - excellent. Overall it was a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank shay12123
CPHIAKL, General Manager at Hilton Auckland, responded to this review, 7 February 2012
Dear Shay12123,

Thank you for taking time to post your review on tripadvisor, I appreciate your feedback.

I was delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel, naturally I am pleased to see that you found the team at the hotel friendly and helpful. I have noted your feedback regarding the menu at FISH. The menu does focus on the best New Zealand seafood however it is important that we meet the needs of all our guests.

Thank you for staying at the hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back on future travels.

Hilton Auckland

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (511)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Tutukaka, New Zealand
Reviewed 19 January 2012

Must admit I am not used to staying in a hotel with the star rating of this one but can honestly say we were made to feel very special. The service was great, as were the drinks and the food. The waiter in the cocktail bar especially was excellent - very attentive and could not have been any more helpful. While it may be more expensive than some it is a wonderful place to stay.

What's even better was we were able to smoke out on the balcony of our room!!!!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Dear BJE,

Thank you for taking time to post your review of the hotel on Tripadvisor, I appreciate your feedback.

I was very pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. I was delighted to see that we helped make your stay with us special.

We look forward to welcoming you back on future travels.

Wappingers Falls, New York
Reviewed 19 January 2012

Visually stunning location. The end of the long pier after the shopping district you find the Auckland Hilton. Sleek design with kind of an open concept lobby where the reception, concierge, and dining/bar area are combined into a large one piece area.
Room I was given was spectacular, larger than a standard Hilton room, with a large balcony overlooking the Auckland Harbour on one side and large floor length windows overlooking the ocean 90 degrees away. Two walls of the room were almost 100% glass, so the views were no less than terrific wherever you looked. Bathroom was really nice as well. Large glass walk in shower with separate tub.
Staff was very accommodating and downright friendly with some great suggestions on what was going on and what we could enjoy for our one night in Auckland. All in all a 5 star experience at this hotel

Was especially nice, since our cruise ship checkin was virtually out the front door of the hotel

Room Tip: Corner rooms around with Harbor views were fantastic
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Johhnnyrocks,

Thank you for posting your review of the hotel on tripadvisor, I appreciate your feedback.

I was delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and the views from your room over the harbour. The team will also be happy to see that they made a positive impression during your stay.

I hope you enjoyed your cruise and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 15 January 2012

My wife and I booked this hotel for my father-in-law for his 65th birthday. While he was happy with the hotel, the effort to organise his stay beggars belief.

After initially mixing up the dates of his stay, my wife was pushed from one department to another to fix, including being constantly referred to an international call centre that was not capable of correcting the booking. After finally speaking to the hotel and being assured that the booking had been corrected and that my father-in-law would not be required to pay for his accommodation as we had pre-paid, he was still charged for the final night. To say we were unimpressed is an understatement.

Also do not book a harbor view if a cruise ship is in port. You will have no view and your balcony is no longer private. These rooms should be charged at a vastly reduced rate during this period.

This was not what we expected from a Hilton hotel, especially after an excellent stay at the Hilton South Wharf in Melbourne.

Room Tip: Do not stay during cruise ship season; your view will be ruined if you are seeking a harbour view.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank TheEloquentOne
CPHIAKL, General Manager at Hilton Auckland, responded to this review, 18 January 2012
Dear TheEloquentOne,

Thank you for posting your feedback on Tripadvisor, I appreciate the time taken.

While noting that your Grandfather felt his stay was good, I am sorry that the process involved in ensuring the reservation was made at the hotel and subsequent errors encountered was not to your expectations.

As I am unable to identify accurately the details of your reservation from your post, please do feel free to contact me directly at auckland@hilton.com so that I can more personally address your concerns.

With best regards,

Sydney
Reviewed 14 January 2012

A great property which is understated but elegant, very comfortable and quiet at night. Breakfast was a good standard and the bar at night is a great place to relax - try their take on a bloody mary with fresh wasabi...excellent! A taxi from the airport to the Hilton/central Auckland was NZD95 - the airport bus leaves just around the corner from the hotel near Britomart, and is NZD26 return or NZD16 single per traveller - leaves every 10 minutes and will save you money - only a short walk to the Hilton from the stop. Great, personal service and a genuinely nice environment to relax...

Room Tip: Harbour view rooms are the best and with an outdoor balcony, it provides a delightful setting. When...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
CPHIAKL, General Manager at Hilton Auckland, responded to this review, 15 January 2012
Dear BiztravellerSydney,

Thank you for taking time to post your review of the hotel on Tripadvisor, I appreciate you feedback.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and the Bellini Bar team will be very pleased to see your recommendation on their take on the Bloody Mary.

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Auckland and we look forward to seeing you back on future travels.

Reviewed 13 January 2012

Had a wonderful stay in this hotel. Absolutely great service, great room , great location. Absolutely nothing to fault. Excellent breakfasts too. Only negative point for us was the restaurant for dinner. It is mostly a fish/ seafood restaurant with not much of a variety and although we wanted to have dinner there could not find anything on the menu that we wanted to eat. Luckily there is quite a variety of restaurants in the vicinity. Can recommend this hotel anytime.

Room Tip: Try and get a seaview room. Good view of ships coming and going.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Dear anntix2,

Thank you posting your review of the hotel on Tripadvisor, I appreciate your feedback.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. I am, however, sorry that the menu at FISH did not offer a choice to suit your tastes.

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Auckland and my team and I look forward to welcoming you back on future travels to Auckland.

Geelong, Australia
Reviewed 12 January 2012

Spent 3 nights in a bow suite.Sensational views and probably the best suite of ANY hotel we have stayed at.About as good as it gets.

Room Tip: The bow suite is to die for.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hbgser
Dear hbgser,

Thank you for taking time to post your review on Tripadvisor, I appreciate your feedback.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay in one of the hotel's Bow Suites. I am pleased that you enjoyed the views over the harbour.

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Auckland, the team and I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you bak on future travels to Auckland.