We had a good stay here, in a King Deluxe Harbour View on level 2. At more than 300 Australian bucks a night, it would want to be good! The room was nicely fitted out and the bed was wonderful. Great bathroom. The staff were nice and friendly. A couple of enormous cruise liners parked next to the hotel during our stay. They obscured the harbour view while there but we found this quite exciting. It was fun to stand out on the balcony on New Year’s Eve and have elderly revellers in fancy dress on the ship wave madly down at us. The hotel pool is the size of postage stamp. WiFi absurdly expensive. Didn’t try the breakfast, but the restaurant Fish had a very reasonably priced menu.
We hit the hotel bar after the New Year’s midnight fireworks. There was an ill-attended disco in progress. Most amusing. Long Island Tea score: 6 out of 10. Too much Coke, not enough lemon. I ordered a bucket of ice on two different occasions. The first time there was nothing to scoop it out with - I had to use a cup. The second time there was a dessert spoon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Auckland sits on the iconic Princes Wharf 300 meters out into the Waitemata Harbour. Enjoy views over the city or past the harbour to the Hauraki Gulf. Take a trip from the nearby Ferry terminal or enjoy the fun at the nearby Viaduct or Britomart precincts. Whether for business or leisure, Hilton Auckland is ideally located on the vibrant Auckland waterfront. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HRS, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Auckland Hotel Auckland Central
- Auckland Hilton
- Hilton Auckland New Zealand