We have travelled extensively and stayed in numerous hiltons, sheratons etc around the world.
My wife had always said we should stay one night in the Auckland Hilton for the experience. Auckland is our home town.
So on my wife's birthday we stayed there. It was a disappointing experience.
The room was small. The view looked directly into other apartment buildings and they looked into your room.
The bar was not open as it was booked for a private function and the quality of the food in the resteraunt was poor.
We always like to have a pre dinner drink in the comfort of ther bar and also after dinner. We could not do so as it was closed for a private function. When you book and oay for your accommodation you expect to have all the hotel facilities available for you to use. If they are not they should warn you, Its akin to charging you full airplane fare but then 'oh sorry but meals and drinks are not available on this flight".
Finally the 200 meter walk fromthe main road at night to the hotel door is not vey well light and is scarey!!!
Not for us again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Auckland sits on the iconic Princes Wharf 300 meters out into the Waitemata Harbour. Enjoy views over the city or past the harbour to the Hauraki Gulf. Take a trip from the nearby Ferry terminal or enjoy the fun at the nearby Viaduct or Britomart precincts. Whether for business or leisure, Hilton Auckland is ideally located on the vibrant Auckland waterfront. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Ebookers, Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Auckland Hotel Auckland Central
- Auckland Hilton
- Hilton Auckland New Zealand