I've stayed in Auckland a lot in my travels and have tried the Hyatt, Hilton, and boutiques. The location of the HIlton cannot be beaten for a new visitor - on the harbour with one side having great views (the other is just down onto an office block/road, so make sure you get what you pay for).
The staff are awesome, very helpful and clever to boot. Location means you can get into the viaduct bars and restuarants nice and fast on foot, and shopping not too far away if you like that sort of thing. Conference rooms good and well laid out.
The only problem is the rooms themselves - nice enough, but noise insulation through walls and doors is poor. If you are a light sleeper, as I am, a returning party in the corridor at 2am WILL wake you up. I could also hear my neighbours discussion in his south african booming tones talking about a pitch to do with mining operations in another part of the world. Good job I was not a journo.....
Good breakfast though - a nice selection and a chef on hand for eggs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Auckland sits on the iconic Princes Wharf 300 meters out into the Waitemata Harbour. Enjoy views over the city or past the harbour to the Hauraki Gulf. Take a trip from the nearby Ferry terminal or enjoy the fun at the nearby Viaduct or Britomart precincts. Whether for business or leisure, Hilton Auckland is ideally located on the vibrant Auckland waterfront. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Auckland Hotel Auckland Central
- Auckland Hilton
- Hilton Auckland New Zealand