Situated on the cruise ship dock, with a room looking back onto the downtown area, sits this fine hotel. A warm welcome, friendly valets and a very helpful concierge who got us reservations
at local restaurants and several other pieces of good advice. Easy walk to downtown and all the restaurants in the waterfront area.
The room and bathroom were large and there was an unusually big space to spread out toiletries and make up. Best of all, we got a room at the end of the hall which had a wrap around balcony that was as big as the room. Yes, when a cruise ship pulled in, it completely blocks the view, but when the dock is empty, the view of the ferry building and downtown sky line is well worth it.
There is no Executive Lounge for Honors members. We received a voucher for one glass of
wine each per night. Not a mixed drink, just wine. A bit chintzy. Breakfast was served on an open air patio with great views of the bay. Huge buffet, very good quality.
Highly recommend this hotel. Not cheap, but well worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Auckland sits on the iconic Princes Wharf 300 meters out into the Waitemata Harbour. Enjoy views over the city or past the harbour to the Hauraki Gulf. Take a trip from the nearby Ferry terminal or enjoy the fun at the nearby Viaduct or Britomart precincts. Whether for business or leisure, Hilton Auckland is ideally located on the vibrant Auckland waterfront. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Auckland Hotel Auckland Central
- Auckland Hilton
- Hilton Auckland New Zealand