“Amazingly extraordinary stay”
Review of Hilton Auckland

Hilton Auckland
Ranked #5 of 66 Hotels in Auckland Central
Reviewed 19 June 2013

Loved every part of our stay, was my partners birthday and the Hilton went out of their way to make us feel special. The customer service is second to none. The location was perfect and we were able to walk straight out the door and onto the waterfront to restaurants and bars. Also the Breakfast must be mentioned - For someone like me who is a health nut, the options were plenty and tasty...

3  Thank Alex S
Roger-Brantsma, General Manager at Hilton Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2013

Dear Alex S

Thank you for opting to post your review of Hilton Auckland on TripAdvisor.

As per my previous correspondence acknowledging the online hotel survey you completed, it was our absolute pleasure to have made your special stay a memorable one. The team and I are delighted that you enjoyed the experience and hope to welcome you back in the future.

Kind regards, Roger.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,478)

Reviewed 19 June 2013

Currently staying in the hotel another couple of nights and I have to say very, very impressed. The last time I had a view of Auckland harbour like this was from a ship....which happened to dock beside the Hilton! As a diamond Hhonors member I have been given a harbour view deluxe room on the 7th floor with perhaps the best view I have ever had, anywhere. The lack of an executive lounge means you get drinks vouchers instead.
What makes this a genuine 5 star property are the details, from the fresh smell when you walk into the room, to the bath salts, bath gel and high end toiletries, to the stunning breakfast buffet with a chef at an egg station. If the weather was better I'd probably spend longer on the balcony just watching the world go by. Great hotel.

Room Tip: The Fullers ferry terminal is right next door so handy for excursions. The bus terminal to the airpo...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank MontereyMark

Dear MontereyMark

Thank you for posting your review of Hilton Auckland. The team and I are delighted to read that as a Hilton HHonors Diamond member you enjoyed a very memorable stay.

The team and I were thrilled to receive your positive comments in regards to the hotel’s stunning location, guest rooms and facilities. I am glad to note that you enjoyed a relaxing breakfast experience in FISH, which is without a doubt one of the best waterfront locations in the city.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 16 June 2013

Traveled to Auckland on a business trip and found the stay average. Rooms were wonderful as evidently it is Hilton however staff service could have been better however I seemed to check in on a busy day maybe that's why. Location was great and central to the CBD vicinity.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Anaheim S
Roger-Brantsma, General Manager at Hilton Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2013

Dear A S

Thank you for your posting your review of Hilton Auckland following your recent business trip. I was pleased to note that you felt at home in the hotel’s guest room and enjoyed the convenient waterfront location.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 15 June 2013 via mobile

Every Hilton hotel I've stayed at has been overpriced and overrated.

I thought I'd give them another chance because the Hilton Auckland was on special, I would never pay full price.

Upon arrival, the staff were warm and accommodating, absolutely fantastic service with a lot of knowledge about the surrounding area.

The rooms are very basic, nice, but nothing special. I found the beds comfortable but very soft, the sheets were stiff and rough like paper and the shower/bath average.

We are frequent visitors to Auckland, there are other hotels in the CBD I prefer - we won't be returning to the Hilton Auckland, nor will we stay in another Hilton hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank FoodSnob24

Dear FoodSnob24

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of Hilton Auckland on TripAdvisor. I appreciate your feedback as it lets me know where we do well and where we can improve. I was delighted to note that you found the arrival experience to be outstanding and that the team cared for you well.

It is disappointing however to note that not quite everything met your expectation on this occasion and that you prefer not to return to the property when next visiting the city. If I am able to be of any further assistance in the future, please feel free to let me know.

Reviewed 14 June 2013

Excellent service. Thanks to all for the service provided by all staff. Lovely employees. Questions were answered by concierge. Felt pampered and stress free. View was lovely. Rooms were clean.
Dining was a brilliant experience at Fish restaurant thanks to the chef and his help. Also snack at Bellini was yummy great service.

2  Thank CastWide

Dear CastWide

It was our pleasure to welcome you to the Hilton Auckland, a contemporary boutique hotel surrounded by the stunning Waitemata Harbour and I thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor.

The team and I were delighted to be of service to you and it was a pleasure to note that you were well cared for during your stay and that you had a memorable experience enjoying the hotel’s food & beverage facilities.

I do hope you will visit us again in the future.

Reviewed 13 June 2013

Great location and spacious room with a balcony and view overlooking Auckland Harbour. Excellent service both in room and in the Hotel Restaurant with helpful and informed staff. Easy walk to central Auckland shops and gallery/museums/city tower. Also many modern restaurants on the nearby wharfs.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Lee S

Dear Lee S

Thank you for opting to post your review of Hilton Auckland on TripAdvisor.

As per our previous correspondence, the team and I were delighted to read that you and your family had a memorable stay. As you have outlined our hotel most certainly does boast a stunning location convenient to the CBD and Auckland’s vibrant Viaduct Village.

We look forward to welcoming you back and extending our Hilton hospitality should your travels bring you back to Auckland.

Reviewed 11 June 2013

The interconnecting doors allow too much noise in from the next room,we felt like we were sharing a room with strangers. The staff were a mix of lovely and incredibly surly so don't know whats going on there, Otherwise this hotel is in a fantastic location, the rooms are up to date with plenty of room, bathrooms are substantial although the water streams out on to the floor from the shower. The ambiance is great and the restaurants look lovely although we didn't have time to visit. The lobby lacks anywhere to sit but is adequate all the same.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Roger-Brantsma, General Manager at Hilton Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2013

Dear Tony M

Thank you for opting to post your review of Hilton Auckland on TripAdvisor.

As per my previous correspondence acknowledging the online hotel survey you completed, we are pleased that your stay appears to have met your expectation and that you enjoyed the hotel’s guest rooms and central location.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel should your travels bring you back to Auckland in the future.