“Great Hotel”

Ranked #7 of 67 Hotels in Auckland
Roswell, Georgia
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed 25 October 2013

My husband and I stayed her for a business trip that we turned into a part time fun trip! The airlines lost his luggage and the hotel went out of their way to help us get it. The rooms were very clean and modern. The breakfast buffet was incredible. Normally it's just some fruit and scrambled eggs, but this was different. We had fresh honeycomb and brie every morning and fresh pineapple juice. Our view was great as well. The location was close to a lot of restaurants and bars as well as shopping. We could pretty much walk everywhere we wanted to go. The hotel set us up with a wine and food tour on an island called Waheki close by. It was a great trip.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Roger-Brantsma, General Manager at Hilton Auckland, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Dear Hollybtolbert

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Auckland on your recent business trip; I am delighted you both had a memorable experience.

I am glad that the team took good care of you and you were able to enjoy the highlights of Auckland city in a leisurely fashion.

It was our pleasure to have you with us and we hope to welcome you back on future travels.

Kind regards, Roger.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (511)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

Obviously this isn't the local backpackers, where I would expect a noisy stay! I've stayed here twice now (room 301 and 302) and the banging and crashing that happens every morning between 3-4 am is a joke! This time I asked to move, and I was moved, but only after I insisted forcefully. However, I was only to be woken again at 4.30am by housekeeping knocking on my neighbours door.
The hotel is noisy, and the staff don't really seem to care.
I wouldn't choose to stay here again - particularly if you want to sleep peacefully.

• Stayed October 2013
Roger-Brantsma, General Manager at Hilton Auckland, responded to this review, 3 November 2013
Dear Susan M

I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience you experienced during your recent two stays with us.

It is certainly not the typical experience at our hotel. I have addressed your concerns with the team, and can assure you that corrective measures have been taken to avoid repetition in the future.

Contrary to what you have experienced, the team and I value our guests and appreciate feedback in order for us to review and rectify standards if and when required.

Please feel free to contact me directly on email: roger.brantsma@hilton.com should you wish to discuss the matter further with me. I sincerely hope that you will grant us another opportunity to deliver a better experience to you when you next visit Auckland.

Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Just finished a five night stay in a king room with harbour views. The service was excellent as always, the view amazing from the room and the bar and restaurant. You can not fault the location down by the waterfront everything is just a short pleasant stroll away. We particularly enjoyed long lazy breakfasts with amazing service from Irvan, he just couldn't do enough for us, we only had to think about a second cappuccino and hey presto it arrived with a smile.

Room Tip: Make sure you pick a room with harbour views it's really worth the extra money.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Roger-Brantsma, General Manager at Hilton Auckland, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Dear Tolboell

Thank you for posting your complimentary review on TripAdvisor. I am delighted you both had such a memorable experience at Hilton Auckland and that the team took good care of you. The hotel certainly does boast an enviable waterfront location, whilst being in close proximity to the hub of Auckland’s entertainment precinct.

We hope to welcome you back to the City of Sails sometime again in the future.

Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I arrived after midnight and left the next morning. The room was excellent. Breakfast overlooking a sunny harbour was relaxing before hitting the business meeting. I had stayed there previously and had no hesitation in returning.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Philip K

Thank you for opting to post your review of Hilton Auckland on TripAdvisor. As per my previous correspondence acknowledging the online hotel survey you completed, the team and I are delighted you had a memorable experience enjoying the hotel’s spectacular harbour location.

We look forward to welcoming you back on future stays and hope you can stay a little longer next time.

Los Angeles
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I am a Hilton Patron. I had high expectations from this hotel. It was much more expensive than other options in the area. Location was good. Not centrally located in the city, but surely was located at the harbor. Service was good. I did not receive my room early as requested, but was given complimentary drinks (coffee or anything) while I wait. In addition, I requested a room with a view and was denied at my face- which was rather disappointing. I am a silver member of Hilton and do not stay with Hilton to receive such service, I was asked to pay additional fees. No Hilton Hotel has ever treated me that way and also was denied addition late checkout. So was rather disappointed being a Hilton Honor Silver Member, discouraged me from staying at other Hilton Hotels internationally. I think it is just "Honored" in the US.

Room Tip: You may be able to find a better value hotel.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Roger-Brantsma, General Manager at Hilton Auckland, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Dear mo_9287

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor and it was our pleasure to welcome you to Hilton Auckland as a HHonors Silver member. I am pleased that you had a comfortable and enjoyable stay at the hotel, enjoying the superb waterfront location on Waitemata Harbour.

I am sorry you felt that you did not receive full HHonors benefits at our hotel, and that the room upgrade policy was maybe not explained to you appropriately at check-in. I do apologize if this was the case.

Please feel free to contact me directly on email roger.brantsma@hilton.com if I can be of any further assistance in the future or if you wish to share any further information with me.

Melbourne
Reviewed 18 October 2013

My first experience at the Hilton over 4 years ago was just horrid, and now after spending two nights there, what a huge difference!!! The Service was unbelievable!! Such Welcoming Staff and offfers of help was all around!!! The Room overlooking the Harbour was Stunning and was great to see Turndown Service was on offer which is a very rare treat at five star hotels these days in New Zealand. Overall, I really enjoyed my time here and will now only stay at Hilton Hotel Auckland when I am there!!! Great Service and so please keep it up!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear TravelMelbourne

Thank you for choosing to return to Hilton Auckland; it was our pleasure to welcome you back. I am delighted you had a truly memorable experience and that the team looked after you well, convincing you that we are now your preferred choice hotel!

We look forward to seeing you back on future stays.

Bear, Delaware
Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed here our first three nights in New Zealand and couldn't have been happier with he hotel. It is located right on the waterfront and is convenient to all Auckland attractions and dining. The rooms are completely fitted out with all the amenities even to include a universal plug adapter. There is a balcony and a large bathroom. Every night we got turndown service with water and chocolates and a paper in the morning. Wireless Internet is free in the bar and lobby. The staff could not have been more helpful.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BearTraveler69
Dear BearTraveler69

Thank you for opting to post your favourable review on TripAdvisor. It was our absolute pleasure to welcome you and I am delighted you enjoyed the Hilton experience. The hotel most certainly does boast an enviable waterfront location, whilst being in very close proximity to the hub of Auckland’s entertainment precinct.

We look forward to having you stay with us again should your travels bring you back to Auckland.